* Author Topic: Eugin Clinic - Part 4!  (Read 45314 times)

0 Members

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
modify
Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
« Reply #50 on: 7/05/15, 10:05 »
Morning all

Hope everyone is enjoying some sunshine after the last couple of miserable days.

Northie Ė sorry to hear you are in pain but sorry I canít help.  Do ice or hot packs help at all?

Redd Ė welcome, itís always nice to have a few people on here (although a shame we have to be on here at all).  I have a 27 month old daughter so am also hoping for a sibling.  We like Eugin, it is very professional and I like that, I personally donít want to strike up a friendship with them although I know some clinics are smaller and do have more personal relationships.  Sometimes their communication can be a little slow, but I have found that once treatment starts the communication is much more responsive.  It is a big and very efficient clinic and that reassures me and I guess the fact that I have a daughter thanks to Eugin means I will always have good things to say about them.

I have had 2 transferred each time, just want to maximise my odds and it is what Eugin suggested so I listened to them, I figure they know what they are talking about and they also want me to succeed.  Iím not sure I want twins but the chances are fairly low so worth the risk Ė although the consultant at my local hospital doesnít agree but I think his (or the UK?) policy is to only transfer 1 in over 40ís.

We had fresh eggs first time round but used vitrified both times since.  There is conflicting information around but it seems to me that chances with frozen eggs are similar to using fresh but using frozen embryoís reduces the chance of success.  As Sam said something to do with the way they survive the thaw.  Using frozen allowed us a bit more say on when we travelled which suits us.   

Sam Ė thanks for the positivity it is appreciated.  Hope you had a successful money conversation last night.  Weíve had a few of those and have gone from my husband saying no way, thatís it we canít afford anymore to him suggesting we could find the money for this attempt and I know if it doesnít work weíll be back for the frosties.

Kitten Ė welcome and good luck for your cycle.  The 19th isnít far away now.  I think they have a good long list of donors and are able to match fairly quickly.  Itís such a rollercoaster of emotions; excitement, nerves and hope.  Weíll be here to support you however we can.  You are also very lucky to have a GP who is supportive Ė mine says he is but he just isnít at all.  I had a little bit of sneaky success on Tuesday as I called the surgery knowing it was his day off so got to speak to another GP who has written my blood forms for me for next week.  My GP makes me pay for them but this one was really helpful and has done them without charge.  We have talked a few times about changing GP but never get around to it.  I get the impression he thinks I am too old and also that I should be happy with one child Ė he has 3 children for goodness sake so you think heíd have some empathy.

AFM Ė well itís been a long week since getting home from Barcelona.  I am struggling this time to stay positive which isnít like me.  I think the BFN last time really shook me up, Iíve always managed to get pregnant just canít hold onto them.  And we were out on Tuesday with friends one of whom has a 4 week old baby Ė my daughter was just so lovely with him.  She kept stroking his head really gently, saying look baby Mummy baby; talk about emotional.  But Iíve got lots planned for the next few days including a puppet show of Chicken Licken on Saturday so hopefully Monday will be here before I know it.

Morag
xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kitten106

• Never Give Up
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #51 on: 7/05/15, 20:53 »
    Hi Ladies......Kane & Able yes I do have a very supportive G.P they are all lovely at my surgery and I think they want this for me as much as I do lol..... At the end of the day the patches are actually HRT which is often prescribed for menopause so I think he didn't mind me having them on NHS prescription .... He won't agree to prescribing the progesterone pessaries though .... He told me not to push it when I asked haha ... Ali's Chemist is very good though so it's not a problem.

Northie sorry you have back pain you can take paracetamol but that's all .... Unfortunately you can't take ibuprofen.... Hope you are feeling bit better by now though.

Hope everyone else is ok ..... Speak soon

Kitten xx

Offline kitten106

• Never Give Up
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #52 on: 7/05/15, 21:21 »
    Sorry morag just read your post ... Thank you for the warm welcome ....Glad you got a different Doctor to do you blood forms at no charge ... For goodness sake that's how it should be !! It won't kill them to do it ... I agree that they are perhaps judging you maybe on your age as there is one Doctor at my surgery (she's the only female Doctor there) who doesn't agree with what I'm doing at all and she more or less told me that she wouldn't involve herself in me embarking on Fertility Treatment she was so against it .... I was shocked especially as she is a woman !! Anyway I don't have anything to do with her and I never make any appointments with her if I need to go to the Doctors ... It's the male Doctors at my surgery who have been wonderful about my treatment and are genuinely interested.

I hope everything with your blood test turns out positive .. I'm glad you are keeping occupied this week

Bye 4 now.....Kitten xx

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #53 on: 8/05/15, 20:55 »
    Kitten you are so right! why some doctors are negative I just do not get it!?? if people could just walk in our shoes and for a second feel this deep yearning for a child, something that they and many others take for granted just 'happens'. I am sure they wouldn't be so negative.

I have been very lucky on my journey i have yet to meet a negative person in my 'camp' my doctor is wonderful (male) and everyone else i decided to confide in have been the same. Age should not be relevant, my goodness  I will make a wonderful mother now, I certainly would not have in my twenties or even in my thirties!

Today i got my period, I am so chuffed... this is the start of my next journey!!!!! the clinic came straight back to me with instructions, i got straight on the phone to Ali's chemist and ordered my drugs. My DECAP will be performed by my wonderful hubby on the 28th May on the stunning island of Virgin Gorda. This will be the day after his 50th birthday so lets hope he is not toooooo hung over! his sister is a nurse and will be with us so i am sure she will supervise. After that when my period comes again i will start my patches and finally a date will be set for my frozen embryo transfer!!

I miss carried in January and had a hideous journey of infections and goodness knows what after that but I AM BACK!!! I am ready to go and god help anyone who gets in my way with their negativity !!!

Take care all
    Sam
    xx

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #54 on: 9/05/15, 16:30 »
    Loving your attitude Sam - glad to hear things are on the move again for you.   My fingers are firmly crossed for you this time. 

Morag

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #55 on: 9/05/15, 22:45 »
    Morag,

I have literally everything crossed for you for Monday, stay strong hunnie
     ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #56 on: 11/05/15, 07:34 »
    Good luck today Morag ^reiki^ ^reiki^
    xx

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #57 on: 11/05/15, 21:42 »
    Evening,

Thanks for the good wishes Sam, much appreciated.   And it's BFP backed up by bloods this afternoon,  so another hurdle jumped.  Slightly stressful this morning,  got  at 6 to test before dh left for work and the damn thing was a dud, no lines at all, nothing,  zip, nada and no pee left to try another stick  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^  Managed to pee afar about 20 min's and instant result.   ;D

Hope everyone else's day has been good too.

Morag

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #58 on: 12/05/15, 07:15 »
     ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh Morag, this is brilliant news!!!!!

Well done you.....I am so so pleased and have a tear of joy in my eye.

This has made my day.  x

Sam
    xxxxxx

Offline Joanne0707

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #59 on: 13/05/15, 12:26 »
    Hi,

Sorry I've been away for a while. Had an extremely busy time with a short trip to France while I can still fly.

Wow!! What a lot I have missed  ;D

Congratulations to both Morag & Northie. Such wonderful news for you.  So pleased for you both. Hope you are both feeling ok.

Donnerprinz - so pleased to hear your lump is normal breast tissue. I myself had a lump over 10 years ago now & know from my experience it was a very stressful & worrying time. Nothing like the relief you feel at having the news all is ok. Now you can concentrate on you appointment with Eugin.

Hi Kitten & welcome to the group. June will soon be here for your treatment to start. Exciting time ahead for you too.

Hi Redd & welcome also to the group. I would recommend Eugin clinic. I wouldn't be where I am now without them. Yes communication can be a little slow at times but they do always get back to you & are much more efficient once treatment has started. I requested 3, the maximum embryos allowed to be transferred by spainsh law, to allow maximum chance of 1 embryo attaching, but was told on day of transfer that they don't transfer 3 embryos to minimise risk of twins. So I had 2 embryos transferred. I was told this is how they get their success rate. Can't remember now is it 61% success rate? If they only transfer one embryo then it is a much lower success rate. Both of my embryos had attached as had a BFP on 29th November & positive blood test. I was devastated to start bleeding on 10th December & was convinced with my history I was miscarrying yet again. Eugin advised not to panic & bleeding can be completely normal after IVF as its common for one embryo to become unattached. I later discovered this is exactly what happened & my pregnancy continued with one healthy embryo. Had I only had one 1 embryo transferred then that may have been the embryo I lost so I would have miscarried my pregnancy. After this experience I would strongly recommend having 2 embryos transferred as long as there aren't health problems that the clinic advises against. My transfer was with frozen eggs thawed before the sperm was injected using ICIS method & then transferred 3 days later. I was assured by Eugin this method had same results as using fresh eggs. Using frozen allowed me to plan my trip to Barcelona & book really cheap flights around £40 each way several weeks in advance. It worked for me.

Sam - So pleased you have had your period. Makes the journey become real now. Don't forget to take a copy of your prescription with you to Virgin Gorda. I know from experience the airport security is much tougher in the Caribbean than Europe. I couldn't believe I had an umbrella confiscated from my handluggage in Dominican Republic. I said what do they think I'm going to do with it?? Hit the pilot round the head with it like an old woman lol. I know they can't be too careful with security these days but an umbrella for goodness sake. Completely mad too when they allow glass bottles containing flammable alcohol on flights!! It would just be devastating if you had your Decap injection confiscated so be prepared with your prescription. Very exciting time ahead for you. So excited for you & have my fingers & toes & knees crossed lol

Wow such exciting times ahead for so many of you. Hope I haven't missed anyone, if so then welcome & good luck to you with your journey. I would advise all newbies starting their journey to research & ask their doctor advise on taking a small dose of aspirin (75mg) daily. I was advised to do this for my next pregnancy after suffering 3 miscarriages at 13 & half weeks. My doctor & midwife said it can make a big difference. I have also since seen on a fertility website that this small dose of aspirin also helps your lining become thick enough for pregnancy so seems all positive. Well worth investigating if it helps you all succeed with your dream.

Things still seem to be going well with my pregnancy. I'm 27 weeks now. Have another scan appointment next Monday at 28 weeks. I am much more reassured now I can feel baby moving & kicking although some days he/she does give me a scare when decides to have a lazy day & just sleep.

Hope everyone is ok & all feeling positive

Jo xxx