* Author Topic: Eugin Clinic - Part 4!  (Read 45225 times)

0 Members

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
modify
Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
« Reply #60 on: 13/05/15, 21:37 »
Great to hear from you Joanne and so pleased all is going well with your pregnancy.  The movements are just the loveliest thing  :)

Had my 2nd blood test today and numbers have tripled so all is good.  And I've started to feel excited and actually used the P word today  ;D   Now just hunkering down for the long haul to scans especially the 12 week one.

How is everyone else?

Morag

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Northie

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #61 on: 14/05/15, 17:24 »
    Hi Morag, many dancing bananas to you! Wonderful news! I'm just starting to get used to using the p word without crying.

Had a horrible scare last Saturday, 4 hours in A&E because of heavy bleeding. Doctor found a polyp that I had no idea about that was bleeding. All good, bleeding stopped. Early scan on Monday, but too early, so booked in for another one in 2 weeks. 

This is my first pregnancy, what was it like you for first time round? I honestly thought I'd be floating around on clouds, singing with bluebirds, but I'm feeling pretty scared. My life's going to change and I don't really know how. I know I don't sound it from my posts, but I'm usually a very even keeled kind of person normally.

Morning sickness is kicking in today, any tips?

Northie.

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #62 on: 19/05/15, 15:54 »
    Hi everyone,

I am currently sitting on a stunning beach in virgin gorda!!!! Thinking about what time is acceptable for my first Gin & Tonic and shall I have lime or lemon in it???? Something you northie & morag.... Lucky ladies don't have to worry about!!  ;D ;D ;D

Decap injection made it safely here wrapped up in 2 pairs of socks, I will be bending over for this on the 28th!!!

Sorry to hear about your scare northie you must have been so so scared, glad all is ok.

Morag glad to hear all is going well for you, wow they are impressive numbers from your bloods, maybe you have twins on board!!!!!!!!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Well I must get on, more sun cream required!!!!

Oh just one thing, this time round I am going to take the aspirin does anyone no when I should start? Is it post transfer?????

Thanks guys catch up later xxxx
    Sam

:) :) ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline Joanne0707

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #63 on: 21/05/15, 00:11 »
    Hi all,

Northie - can imagine how awful your scare must have been. Thank goodness all is ok. for the morning sickness i've heard keeping a ginger biscuit next to eat BEFORE you get up is supposed to help. Worth trying.

Sam - glad you & decap arrived safely on your hol. Bet you'll have a fab time. The aspirin you should start at same time as your patches as it helps to build a nice thick lining ready for your transfer.

Morag - hope you are still feeling ok & things are still going well.

Hope everything is going well for everyone else?

Jo xx

Offline kitten106

• Never Give Up
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #64 on: 26/05/15, 21:12 »
    Hi all

Thanks for warm welcome Joanne .... Starting my patches on 2nd June scan on 19th I have been thinking of taking half Aspirin as heard such positive things about it working really well in fertility treatment

I have emailed eugin and asked them if I could do this once I start the patches I didn't like to just take it without asking them first.

Northie glad everything is now ok after your scare.... Yes ginger biscuit for morning sickness is said to help a lot also a friend of mine used those travel sickness bands which she said stopped the sickness so that might be worth trying.

Hope you are feeling ok Morag

Sam hope all is well with you and you enjoyed your hols

Speak soon

Kitten xxxx

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #65 on: 27/05/15, 16:24 »
    Hi all

Northie - you must be just about due your follow up scan?  How are you?  Hope the sickness is settling for you.

Kitten - I take 75mg (or is it mgu) Aspirin on recommendation from a local consultant following my previous mc's.  I didn't check with Eugin but he knew what drugs I was on and so I went ahead and have a gorgeous 2 year old daughter.  I know lots of people take it and lots don't.  June 2nd is nearly here for you.

Sam - jab is tomorrow isn't it?  Hope your DH is all prepared and you are nice and relaxed  ;D  Also hoping you are having a wonderful holiday.

Joanne - lovely to hear from you and that all is progressing so well for you, time is flying by now so you are nearly on the home straight. 

Donnerprinz - when is your appointment?  Hope all is good with you.

AFM: well it's been the usual rollercoaster nothing straightforward here.  I had some bleeding starting last Tuesday at just over 5 weeks so too early to scan.  I held out till yesterday with quite a lot of bleeding over the weekend and had an early scan at midday today and saw the lovely little heartbeat fluttering away.  I had 2 embies transferred so one has miscarried but one is looking good.  They also warned me that there might be some more bleeding as they could still see the empty sack.  Someone on another thread said they thought of the second embie as their guardian angel helping the successful one along, which I think is a rather nice way of looking at it.  So I am feeling extremely relieved and quite excited now  ;D

Love to all
    Morag

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #66 on: 31/05/15, 00:03 »
    Hi all,
    Morag I just read your message with my heart in my mouth, then cried with joy and relief for you.

Bloody hell what a scare but I'm pleased that everything worked out ok, how are you feeling now?

I am still in the British Virgin Islands coming home next weekend, I am very relaxed and having an amazing time. Had my jab on Thursday just gone so now just waiting for my period then I can start my patches!! And then I hope I will get my date from the clinic!! Needs to be a Monday or a Friday as I could do without having to take any more time off after this holiday!!

Thanks for the aspirin advice joanne I appreciate that. I don't have any over here but will start when I get home.
    Hope everyone is ok, lots of love

Sam
    X ^reiki^

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #67 on: 31/05/15, 12:41 »
    Thanks Sam - the highs and lows are just so intense in this game.  I am feeling good about this now as well as faintly nauseous most of the time.  It is a very different pregnancy so far to my last one (apart from the 6 weeks bleeding in both  ^bigbad^).  A little more blood this weekend but because the sonographer was a midwife she has told me to expect this and my other symptoms are still there so I am not too stressed about it.  Both my lovely husband and I are starting to talk about another child as a reality now rather than just a dream so we are gradually starting to let ourselves believe in it  ;D ;D

I'm so glad you have had lovely relaxing holiday - raining and cold here today so make the most of it.  And am also pleased your jab went ok - I think the thought is probably worswe than the reality but 3 cheers to your OH for doing it.

Hi to everyone else - hope you're all having a lovely weekend.  I'm in the office of my husband's business on a Sunday morning auditing the books - what joy.

Love to all
    Morag

Offline kitten106

• Never Give Up
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #68 on: 4/06/15, 18:15 »
    Hi Ladies

Hope you are all well.... I started my patches this week got scan on 19th June ...I enquired with Eugin about taking half Aspirin but they don't want me to!! They said there is no scientific evidence that it works and they only introduce it to someone's cycle if they have had several miscarriages or thrombosis so I had better not take it.

I am strongly thinking of having vitrified (frozen) eggs instead of fresh as success rates seem to be the same and you can plan your trip in advance which is much better for me as my friend is kindly coming with me but she has some holiday booked with her partner in July and I don't want the two to collide as I don't want to go on my own.

It's true that frozen embryos are not so successful as this is the treatment I had last time and it didn't work I think it was only coming up 25% success rate but it was loads cheaper and was affordable for me at the time.

Does anyone know what an endro scratch is ? ( think I might have spelt that wrong) it's often mentioned on here and I'm thinking is this something I should be having ? then I hear others mentioning steroids and I'm thinking should I be having them as well .... I will drive myself mad keep wondering though and should just stick with protocol that Eugin have put me on .... I have been listening to my Hypnotherapy sessions and it's an enormous help in keeping me relaxed ....I highly recommend it .

Speak soon

Kitten xxxxxx

Offline Joanne0707

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #69 on: 6/06/15, 23:34 »
    Hi all,

Kitten - I also asked Eugin about taking Aspirin but was told there was no scientific evidence that it helped even though they knew on record I had had 3 miscarriages. This is despite a consultant in UK hospital suggesting I take it for a future pregnancy, despite a midwife telling me taking Aspirin can make a massive difference & despite seeing another fertility clinic (Midland Fertility in the UK) post on social media that they recommend to all their ladies undergoing fertility treatment to take aspirin as it not only helps thicken the lining of the womb to ensure thick enough for an embryo to attach but also thins the blood to ensure can pass through the placenta to the baby. There was also a 3rd reason they posted but I can't remember what this was. All I can assume is Spain are behind the UK in their research into Aspirin. If I were you I'd ask your Dr's advice here in UK. I have been taking Aspirin since 2 weeks before my transfer in November & am still taking Aspirin now as my consultant at my hospital wants me to remain on it until just before the birth. If I had listened to Eugin I wouldn't have taken at all. Your Dr in UK may well be happy for you to continue without.

I used frozen eggs & they were successful for me. I was able to book my flights & accommodation weeks before going to Barcelona & got much cheaper flights booking in advance.

As far as I am aware an Endo scratch is they scrape the lining of the womb & this can help the embryo to stick better so increases your chances of the IVF being successful. If I remember rightly Sam was looking into having this done??? Is that right Sam???

Its good that hypnotherapy is helping to keep you relaxed & exciting now you have started your patches as you are one step closer to your transfer.

Morag - sorry to hear about your bleeding. That also happened to me where I miscarried one embryo & one was doing so well. I know it must have been an awful worry to you. I was devastated. Convinced I had miscarried the pregnancy. But apparently its really common, especially after IVF treatment to have a bleed as one becomes unattached.

The nauseous isn't nice but try to look at it positively. I heard the more nauseous you are the healthier the pregnancy. So if that's true your pregnancy can only be progressing well.

Sam - sounds like you've had a great holiday. Pleased your husband managed to give you your jab. Wow one step closer to starting your patches and planning your journey to Barcelona. Exciting time ahead for you.

I'm 31 weeks on Monday. Can't believe the end seems so near now. Although I must admit it feels like a long pregnancy with the worry & fear throughout. I haven't really managed to enjoy the pregnancy as I should which is sad but after my previous losses I've constantly been on edge. Even now I'm so scared of losing this baby. Scared of going through another loss. It's so good they tell you to 'count the kicks' & be aware of your babys movements etc but it just scares you to death. I do have a day every now & then when baby has a lazy day & doesn't move much. It frightens the life out of me & I get so upset that somethings wrong. But baby then makes up for it later that day or the next day. Will just be so glad now when baby is here safely. I've waited such a long time for this baby

Hope things are going well for you all.

Jo xxx