* Author Topic: Eugin Clinic - Part 4!  (Read 43584 times)

0 Members

Offline kitten106

• Never Give Up
modify
Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
« Reply #70 on: 8/06/15, 22:04 »
Hi all

Thanks so much for your post Jo and answering my queries..... I think you are absolutely right about Eugin being a bit behind the times regarding Aspirin as so many woman have said they are convinced this has helped in a successful pregnancy especially during fertility treatment and (like you) have sadly had miscarriages previously.....I think I will just ask my Dr it can't hurt to take it if he doesn't have a problem with me taking it ...I've noticed on threads from other clinics abroad that woman under going treatment with them are on Aspirin as standard.

I started my patches one 100mcg then 3 days later 100mcg and this week I start two 75mcg every 3 days but I am getting period pains !! I'm not bleeding so don't know if this is normal like the uterus is starting to thicken but feels to me like it wants to shed it might settle once I'm on two patches but if not I will have to tell Eugin as I don't want a breakthrough bleed.

I didn't start this treatment like I did four years ago with the pill then Decapeptyl injection then patches and pessaries as I don't have periods anymore ( menopausal) so they just started me on patches as my FSH is really high but to be honest I felt a lot better four years ago even though my treatment didn't work the build up with the drugs worked like a dream and I don't remember experiencing period like pains when I was on the patches like now ....keep thinking something is wrong.

Hope everyone is ok ..... Jo to be 31 weeks pregnant is fantastic it's a shame you have felt quite worried during your pregnancy so didn't feel you have enjoyed it to the full but that's totally understandable I would be exactly the same.

Speak to you all soon

Take care

Kitten xxxxxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #71 on: 11/06/15, 07:46 »
    Hi Everyone,

Well I am back from 3 weeks wonderful holiday, first day back at work Monday....fitness test!!!  :P  That sure woke me up!

Started patches on Saturday, difficult I have the big ones and struggling a bit to find a comfy spot. We are all booked for our FET on Monday 29th June!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Oh my goodness, its finally coming around. I have not got a scan booked, there has never been a problem with my lining so its never been required, I may book one though just before we go for a bit of reassurance, it all money though  ^eyes^
    I am really excited now and having all 3 put back ....really scary but the chances are a lot lower so we have to do what we can, there is always the chance of losing some in the defrost so we will see.

Kitten - 19th of June is just around the corner!!! thats great news i hope it goes well and your lining is nice and thick. Then the clinic will discuss your transfer date????
    I was told to take Aspirin last time by friends etc, i spoke to the Eugin they said the same to me about NOT taking it. I didn't take it, i Miss carried at 10 weeks. This time i am going to take the Aspirin as i understand it cant do any harm. You have to just be happy with whatever your doing x

Jo - 31 weeks pregnant...wow!! i remember those early days Hun, i was on that journey with you, flying off to Mexico scared to death. I am so happy for you that everything is working out this way you are so nearly there now ...well done  ^hug me^ ^hug me^

Morag - Really pleased that you are beginning to see this as a reality now, i think we all put this barrier up to stop us truly accepting to protect our feelings. Its wonderful I am chuffed for you..... ^hug me^

Re the Endo Scratch, i googled it and there is a lot of positive news about it, it does scratch the endometrium and the body rushes to heal it and this helps the implantation by all accounts. I would have had it this time but you need to have it around the time of the DECAP injection and i was away so i couldn't, the Eugin have information about it and they will actually provide you a letter to take to whoever you get to do it, the letter explains what to do. Anything to increase the chances that what i say.

Anyway hope all goes well for everyone, take care.
     ^pray^ ^hug me^ ^reiki^
    Sam
    x

Offline BeatrixBing

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #72 on: 18/06/15, 09:40 »
    Hello everyone,

Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Beatrix and my husband and I are about to start our first round of IVF with Eugin.

It's hard to know how to feel really as I am sure many of you understand and appreciate that nothing about IVF is straightforward. We've had a bit of a bumpy ride so far, mostly due to the astonishing incompetence of my husband's GP surgery, our local hospital's outpatient team and even my own GP, really. I am not one to bash the NHS by any means, not usually, but in this particular instance they have been appalling; breaking data protection, cancelling appointments last minute, giving the wrong information and booking appointments for the wrong departments (and therefore causing delays). Due to all of this I am sure some of you may understand my trepidation at using them at all for IVF treatment - I simply didn't trust them. But all of that was forgotten anyway once we found out through our own research and our own hounding of the NHS team that we would not qualify for NHS treatment anyway due to the fact that I already have a child (with a previous partner. Our infertility is "male factor" infertility). No body thought to tell us this sooner even though everyone was well aware I already had a child (a beautiful little boy). It would have saved us months and months of frustration and anguish and would not have wasted our time (which is precious when it comes to IVF, no?).

So anyway, that is how we ended up at Eugin. We had tried the London Women's Clinic (amidst the NHS faff) also as they offered the free treatment if I donated some of my eggs. Unfortunately I did not qualify as my AMH was slightly too low. This was devastating at the time but once we realised the free IVF treatmet literally meant the treatment and we would still have to pay nearly 4,000 for everything else it may have been a blessing in disguise. Also, tbh, I wasn't blown away by them or their premises.

We went to Eugin last weekend. I had a few remaining blood tests to be done as well as a smear and ultrasound. We are currently wating for the results but - pending a good outcome - we should be able to start at the very end of June / beginning of July! We have not undergone any previous IVF cycles, this would be our very first one. At the moment I am more anxious about finding somewhere to do the blood tests and give us the results the same day so that we might be able to get started with treatment when the time comes.

I can't really fault Eugin so far. Any problems we have had they have resolved for us very quickly - for example the prescriptions they gave us were in Spanish which was fine for the Orgalutran and Folic Acid which we picked up in Barcelona, but not for the Puregon cartridges which we needed to then get back in England because (our consultant did not tell us) that it has to be kept cold or below 25 degrees which when you are travelling on a plane may not be possible. And then the pharmacist here would not dispense the drugs because he did not understand Spanish, which is fair enough really. Also the covering letter we were given which listed all the meds we needed only stated the Puregon PEN and not the cartridges, which did not help matters. They also gave us a prescription for 4 boxes of 900ui for the Puregon which we thought seemed rather excessive and we were right, so our coordinator kindly had that reduced for us. So this has been rectified now in only a couple of days, which to me feels incredible to have such service. But I would always say; QUESTION ANYTHING you are unsure of or which doesn't seem right (thinking of the over prescribed Puregon, here).

I am wondering if anyone here has experience with Puregon and Orgalutran? Also, I have been reading bits and pieces on here regarding Aspirin. When would one start taking Aspirin?

And from what I can understand, Eugin do not continue fertilising the eggs until blastocyst stage if the embryos are strong enough. From what I gather they just wait until they are fertilised and then put them back. Is this right?

I am glad to be a part of this thread. Since finding out about our infertility I have found it very difficult being around people who do not know our situation - which counts for most people - so I have mostly withdrawn from them. I apologise for the rather bloated post but once you start writing it sort of all comes out doesn't it !

I wish everyone the best of luck with their treatment and think you're all incredibly strong for going through this.

Beatrix B

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #73 on: 18/06/15, 13:52 »
    Hi Everyone

Welcome Beatrix and good luck with your treatment.  We have been happy with our dealings with Eugin and have alsways found them professional and open to any questions.  We first went there in 2012 and now have a bright and happy 2 year daughter as a result.  We had an unsuccessful cycle in November and I am currently 9 weeks pregnant with my second child following a third trip in April.  We are using donor eggs though while it sounds like you are own egg? 

I have never taken Puregon or Orgalutran so cant help with you there.  I have taken asprin from about 6 weeks in both pregnancies on the recommendation of a consultant in the UK rather than Eugin and this is based on my history of miscarriages.

My understanding is that Eugin prefer low stimulation and aim for quality over quantity so we never had large numbers of eggs and they do seem to prefer to transfer at 3 or 4 days, this has been our experience anyway.

This forum is a great place to come and get support/vent your frustrations/chat etc, I too keep myself to myself re IVF and find this forum has been a great way of retaining my sanity.  I look forward to chatting with you the end of June is not far away.

As far as your blood tests can you use your local NHS hospital privately?  My GP wont help but the nurses in the surgery write me a blood form to take to the hospital and the hospital invoices me rather than the surgery and it was 17 with same day results.

Sam Im so pleased you had a lovely relaxing holiday and hope the return to work hasnt been too awful.  I never had a lining scan on the 1st two goes and only really had one this time as it was the last attempt and I needed reassurance that everything was fine but it was probably a waste of 99 and an afternoon off work for nothing  ^idiot^, I think if I went again I wouldnt have a scan again.  The 29th is just around the corner when do you fly out?  Barcelona is such a lovely place to visit so Im almost envious of you going   

Kitten how are things with you?  Scan tomorrow hope all is looking good for you.  What are your next steps after that?

Joanne how lovely to hear from you.  Time is really ticking by now, it really isnt long until youll have that lovely little bundle to cuddle.  I hope you are managing to enjoy it more and worry less but I do understand the constant fear  ^hugme^.  Im looking forward to seeing your birth announcement.

AFM well as usual nothing is straightforward.  I had another large bleed over the weekend, having had more bleeding since my previous scan and all my pregnancy symptoms disappeared.  I truly believed it was all over as surely nothing could survive that and even my (.)(.) have shrunk.  I had begun plotting how I could get the money together to get back for my frosties.   I had my midwife booking appointment at 9am Monday and all she did was make me an appointment for another scan at the EPU yesterday.   But miraculously the baby is fine and growing perfectly, measuring spot on.  I think I am still in shock having experienced so many miscarriages I was so sure it was over and its not.  So I will be 10 weeks tomorrow and am seeing the midwife next Thursday to restart my booking process.  I dont think you can ever fully come to terms with the extremes of emotion on this journey.

I hope everyone is enjoying some summer sun and look forward to catching up with you all.
    Morag
    xx

Offline BeatrixBing

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #74 on: 19/06/15, 10:24 »
    Hello again everyone and hello Morag!
    How wonderful that you have a daughter :) I'm sorry if i seem ignorant - I haven't had the chance to read through all the previous posts as yet! I am so pleased to hear that after your bleed everything is okay. I had some bleeding with my pregnancy from weeks 5 to 13 so I can imagine a little bit how you might have felt. What a relief for you after your scan though and congratulations in the first place on your pregnancy! I look forward to hearing more updates.
    I know partly what you mean with the extremes of emotion - even though my real journey has not yet begun. I fell pregnant immediately with my son (previous partner) and although I had always considered myself very fortunate to have done so I don't think anyone can ever truly appreciate the gift of naturally conceiving until it is taken away.
    And yes, we will be using my own eggs. His sperm, my eggs. FINGERS CROSSED for a good outcome.
    And I hadn't even thought about using my hospital privately for the blood tests. What a good idea, I will have to look in to that and find out, thank you.
    Does any body happen to have any recommendations on where to stay while going through the egg retrieval process etc? I don't want to get ahead of myself in case our cycle ends up getting cancelled for some reason (which I really hope does not happen; again, FINGERS CROSSED) but would like some personal recommendations. We would prefer to stay out of Barcelona and to be near a beach (hopefully for some ultimate relaxation before the procedures). I get baffled when looking at hotels and apartment complexes :/
    Also, does any body have any thoughts on diet? I am trying to be in the best possible physical (and mental) state for beginning the cycle. I have cut out sugars (from cakes and biscuits etc) but have been eating lots of fruit, drinking lots of water, whole grains and so on. I also take Royal Jelly, Co Q10, folic acid and a pregnacare conception vitamin. I am just wondering if anyone else has any suggestions they would like to share with me?
    Anyway, lovely to hear from you Morag and I hope to hear from others soon too :)
    Best wishes to everyone,
    Beatrix

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #75 on: 20/06/15, 22:40 »
    Hello Everyone!!

Welcome Beatrix its really lovely to have a new member. Any questions you have or support you need we are right here, all being on the same or very similar journey's we can all help and support each other sometimes we all need a cyber arm around our shoulder I know i did earlier this year when i had the elation of my first ever pregnancy followed sadly by the desperation and sadness of my first ever miscarriage. This is often a very private journey which makes this thread even more important...to me anyway x

Morag i honestly cant believe how desperate you must feel at times, bless you with your bleed you must have been convinced this was time up. And now to see everything progressing normally what a relief. Does this get any easier when you have passed the first 12 weeks? you are just two weeks away now and counting, you are amazing, keep your chin up and keep trying to feel positive !!!

Beatrix - I have been very happy with the Eugin they are always professional and extremely helpful. Anna is my co coordinator and she is great. Re the diet I think you are doing everything right, I would say that exercises is meant to be good keeps the blood flowing to the Uterus, and after transfer to take Brazil nuts and pineapple to aid implantation. Re the Aspirin I am taking the 75mg of Aspirin every day along with my Pregnacare conception vitamin I am also taking Co Q10 and Royal Jelly.  If you are using your own eggs i have heard great things about DHEA which is a drug that can be bought on line in the UK it is meant to dramatically improve egg quality - google it see what you think? Also Beatrix please google the 'endo scratch' this is something you can look into which can increase chances, the Eugin will do you a letter if you decide to have this done. I also recommend Zita West - meditation CD to help positive visualisation and relaxation techniques that really helps me.
    Good luck anyway on your journey I am sending positive energy to you x

Kitten - 19th June was your scan how did it go???

Jo - nearly there...amazing well done x

As for me - well i have a scan booked next Friday 26th, I wasn't going to bother but i think i can get it for free, when i had my misscarriage the clinic noticed i had a cyst over one of my ovaries, i am going back for the scan just to check that the cyst has gone, i will also get them to measure the thickness of my lining while this is being done.
    I am using the oestrogen  patches but they are so bloody big its ridiculous and i cant seem to find a place to put them without them getting caught up and coming off! does anyone else have this problem?  on my last cycle i used the little ones and they were great but the chemist doesn't have them any more only the large ones, really struggling and its worrying me as i keep having to change them. I asked the clinic and they say they can prescribe me the tablets which i may start taking.

We fly to Barcelona on Sunday 28th after taking our fury babies into kennels  >:(
    we are staying 10 mins walk from the beach as we also fancy chilling out on the beach, our transfer is Monday at 13:40 we hope to have 3 embryos put back but this depends how many survive the defrost please everyone prey for my little frosties to make it through the day!!! We fly home on Tuesday.
    There are so so many hotels to chose from in this wonderful city - this time we chose Hotel 4 Barcelona - no idea how good it is but it was nice and close to the beach without being too noisy
    I am very very very very excited, scared, happy, anxious all those and more.

Look forward to hearing from you.
    lots of love

Sam

Offline Northie

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #76 on: 21/06/15, 14:39 »
    Hi all

Haven't been on here for a while, but glad to be back.

Now 11 weeks, and have had my booking in with the midwife. I've been put on aspirin and they also want me to take Clexane. Does anyone have experience of that? I'm not convinced I need it, think they're basing it on previous varicose veins and the fact 2 weeks post transfer I injured my back, it's left me with bad sciatica and walking on crutches, which I guess I'll be using for the rest of the pregnancy. I really don't fancy daily injections of Clexane.

Morag, I'm sorry to hear about your scare and so relieved to hear everything's okay. It's the worse feeling - I've had two big bleeds (cervical polyp, which they're leaving in). I think that's been the hardest thing for me this trimester, the emotions - nothing prepared me for this, and I've kept the IVF secret so am missing the support.

Bon courage all

Northie

Offline kitten106

• Never Give Up
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #77 on: 21/06/15, 22:16 »
    Hi everyone

Welcome Beatrice you have joined a really lovely and supportive thread all the ladies are warm and friendly which is very much needed when you are embarking on fertility treatment. I had treatment with Eugin 4 years ago donated embryo transfer this did fail sadly ( just one if those things) so I'm going again but donated eggs and sperm (I'm single) this time. I've found Eugin very good and professional and they have the German Stamp of approval which my GP told me was excellent ... So you are in good hands.

I stayed in hotel 10minutes away from Eugin think it is called Abba Sants they offered a discount if you are having treatment at Eugin ....also if you struggle to get a Spanish prescription dispensed here contact Ali's Chemist in London he accepts prescriptions from Eugin and he is cheaper than most of the others.

I had my scan on Friday ....Anna at Eugin phoned me later the same day but I missed her call so I have emailed her ... Lining measures 6mm I do have Fibroid and small cyst on my Uterus but nowhere near the lining ....I'm sure they like it to measure 8mm before transfer so don't know if they will say increase the patches or change them every other day instead if every three days?? I've got this discharge though like when you Ovulate !! ( well I don't ovulate anymore ...bloody menopause) and my breasts are tender ..still considering taking Aspirin as this might thicken lining quicker.

Sam I know all about those huge patches as I have them Esterderm but I prefer Estradot they are small and don't crease up and come unstuck ( one good thing my hot flushes and night sweats have disappeared since using patches ) ... You can have tablets instead but I heard they are not so easily tolerated and some woman it makes them sick but you may be fine.

Jo , Northie and Morag ( hope I haven't left anyone out) hope you are all ok .. Sending positive vibes

I will update you all once I hear from Anna at Eugin which should be this week as she should be giving me a date soon to go over there but that did depend on my scan results.

Luv Kitten 😀xxxxxxxx

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #78 on: 27/06/15, 23:03 »
    Hello everyone,

Just a quickie!! we fly to Barcelona tommorrow for some sun, beach and yeah....embryo transfer on Monday!! i am beyone excited.
    OK so i just need you all you guys to prey please that my little frosties make the defrost!! We have 3 frozen and would really love it if we could have 3 to transfer.....
    Anyway, love and hugs to you all
    Sam
    x

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #79 on: 28/06/15, 18:22 »
    Sam, you have lots and lots of positive thoughts winging their way to your frosties from me  ^reiki^ ^reiki^.  Will be thinking of you on Monday too.  Have a safe and successful trip

Morag
    xx