* Author Topic: Eugin Clinic - Part 4!  (Read 45317 times)

0 Members

Offline kane and Able

modify
Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
« Reply #90 on: 3/07/15, 21:47 »
Hi Everyone.

Morag how did your 12 week scan go today? i had my fingers crossed for you and hope everything is good. It is great that you are a continued support for this thread thanks.

Jo - well done still going strong x

Kiwi - Hi lovely, wow today was the day for you, how did the retrieval go? sending lots of love and positive energy your way...

kitten - so is it next weekend for you? shame about the mucking about, I am hoping your ining is good and thick and is going to hold out for the extra time for you.

Maggie - well done lots of positive stories here and you are another one amazing.

AFM - well had the decap injection last night, now waiting for  ^bigbad^ then we will be good to go! Anna thinks our transfer will be a month from today if all goes as expected.

We are using FROZEN EGGS this time as the fresh cycle was a little to stressful and we need to plan our trip as we both work. Morag i think this is what you did too?

I have a question though. Do I get to have ALL the donors EGGS? when we had our fresh cycle the clinic would not tell me how many eggs that the donor produced, they did tell me however the next day how many Embryos we had. So in a Frozen Egg cycle, where they have donors 'ready to go'  will they tell me how many eggs she donated? we wont be going over for another month and obviously they will then defrost the eggs and make the embryos, of course then we will know how many embryos we have which is great but why don't we get to know how many eggs she donates?? or do we? Morag do you have any experience of this?

I have emailed Anna today but she is probably really busy so hope to get an answer on Monday so your views and understanding of the situation would help me understand.

I am feeling quite upbeat after all the drama this week but have gone to work to find another colleague pregnant (thats 3 since i lost my one and only) and reading on here there is a lot of success which is amazing...I am just starting to feel a little left behind thats all  :-[ :-[

Good luck everyone, lots of love

Sam  :) ^reiki^ ^hugme^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #91 on: 4/07/15, 08:04 »
    Hi,

Sorry I've been away for a while. Had an extremely busy time Including our trip to Barcelona

Wow!! What a lot I have missed 6 new pages!! 😁

Congratulations to both Morag & Northie. Morag how did the 12 week scan go?

Welcome to all the newbie 😉

We paid our deposit at EUGIN and got the Ä700 offer off they had in celebration of their first born after egg donation. Now saving for the rest I am hoping we can start after Christmas so decided it to go and see my family in Bacelona until January and hopefully tied in the treatment then too 😄

Such a long wait though....

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #92 on: 4/07/15, 20:30 »
    aargh just wrote a long post and lost it  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ and haven't got time now to re-do it.  Will try and post later tonight or tomorrow

Morag

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #93 on: 5/07/15, 09:38 »
    Right 2nd attempt

Sam - I had a conversation with Anna at the beginning of the year about exactly this and never really got to the bottom of it.  I did this by phone rather than email so there could be no misunderstanding what I was asking - I had had a couple of frustrating emails where she had made an incorrect assumption.  The gist of it was that they only lightly stimulate all donors so they never get very many eggs, she kept stressing they want quality over quantity and they don't want to overstimulate donors.  Then she said mainly we get all the eggs unless there are lots in which case they may be shared but not always.  I never got to the bottom of how many was lots nor what the criteria was for sharing or not so wasn't  really any the wiser.  However, coincidentally or not, we had more eggs for our go this time than the previous 2 goes and we now have 2 frosties.  So who knows.

In all 3 cycles we were told how many eggs we had though as well as how many fertilised so I am not sure why they are not telling you.  I think I would be calling and getting a bit insistent as we pay a lot of money for this - in both cycle 1 and 3 I got a bit stroppy on the phone and called hourly till I got someone to talk to (took 2 or 3 calls where I simply said I thought that someone in the midst of treatment should expect a callback within a couple of hours and at the very least the same day).  Aside from these   2 incidents I have been very happy with them, but of course we have been extremely lucky in our results.

Let me know how you get on.

Hi to every one else - good to see you here again Donnerprinz and glad you have a plan.

AFM - 12 weeks scan was great  ;D but the 2 hour wait afterwards for the consultant wasn't  ^bigbad^ It's just the worst side of the NHS when they clearly think your time is worthless while they blithely ignore appointment times and then don't even bother apologising.  If we ran our business that way we'd be out of business.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend
    Morag
    xx

Offline kitten106

• Never Give Up
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #94 on: 6/07/15, 22:48 »
    Hello

Think my treatment will be postponed until August ....I was going for frozen eggs as like Sam said a fresh cycle is too stressful and last minute notice to go over there.... I opted for frozen eggs as I work full time and as I'm having treatment as a single person I have to consider my friend who is coming with me .... I emailed Anna last Thursday to say this weekend coming is fine for my transfer and could I be told what time my transfer would be so my friend and I could get on with booking flights.... I didn't hear anything all over the weekend and this evening I got an email not from Anna but some one else saying they will phone me Thursday to tell me what time transfer is on Saturday !! That to me is no different from the 24hr notice you get if you have fresh cycle using a donor .... My friend has been looking up flights anyway and there's hardly any and the closer to the weekend we book the worse it will be ... I have to have a bit of an idea of the time of transfer so we can work around it ..... I may end up having frozen embryos instead as you are told about 3 weeks before what date and time the transfer is but this treatment isn't so successful as donated eggs probably why it's cheaper.... I had this four years ago and it didn't work and with this being my last chance with Eugin I want the best possible treatment.

I wondered if I qualified for 700 euro discount but I think there were certain dates when you paid the deposit to qualify and I paid my deposit over 2 months ago ... I wouldn't have if I had known.

Sorry for groaning on

Morag I'm thrilled your scan went well

Hope everything is going to plan for everyone else

Speak soon

Kitten xxxxxxxxx

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #95 on: 7/07/15, 21:13 »
    Hi Everyone,

Morag - thanks for your post, the whole sharing of egg thing is very confusing!! so i had my injection on Thursday and then along came my period yesterday :) so i emailed Anna but another lady called me back, at first she was not completely clear on my protocol which got really confusing and gave me the hump >:( So she went away for a bit before calling me back. She told me to stop all medication, after the cancelled FET i was on one patch and one pessary, but i was to stop all meds until Wednesday when i will start again on my two patches! We also discussed transfer dates and i have booked to go over JULY 30th i was offered pretty much any date for transfer including a Saturday so we have chosen Saturday 1st AUG for our transfer. Again i asked on the phone about the donor sharing and the lady told me exactly what was explained to you Morag. I asked why they would not tell me how many eggs we had got, she said that this information is held confidentially in the lab even they didn't get to know how many eggs had been donated. They will only tell me once they have mixed them and created embryos i asked why? she said that they didn't want to build expectation, better they tell us how many Embryos we have got first then they will tell me how many eggs we had!. ???

So Morag at which stage did you find out how many eggs had been donated to you? was this before they became embryos? Trying not to tie myself up in knots about all this but do feel like i would like accurate information! Today the clinic have emailed me asking for the deposit. Please can someone explain this EURO 700 discount? is this advertised anywhere it might be worth me mentioning it. I have asked the clinic to confirm that i am getting a 'proven' donor this time as my last donor was not.  I have also asked to be told if my donor shares her eggs on this occasion, its seems when i ask direct questions the communication stops a little.  ^eyes^

I am not moaning about the clinic i really think this is a great place and just look at the results!!! great news about your 12 week scan Morag you must be absolutely chuffed.  ^hugme^

Kitten, I am so sorry to hear about all your stress with booking flights etc... I am guessing that they are going to defrost eggs Thursday and mix with sperm so they will be calling to let you know how many embryos you have. Sounds like you are in a bit of a sticky situation having been waiting a month on the meds? please keep us updated I will be thinking of you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

We are coming into a difficult time of the year now with school holidays looming...gosh the price of our flights has shot up and the hotel!!! I am also struggling to find a kennels to take my 3 fury babies.

....I have had a bad few days, just from drugs and a bit of self doubt creeping in. Also totally ridiculous but i spent a year in my office trying to get the staff dual screens for our computers, its been hard work and a real battle, i got in today to find out everyone had got their dual screens apart from me as my computer was not compatible and the new girl (who only works two days a week) and had just announced her pregnancy was laughing and i had to leave the room, couldn't stop the tears from rolling down my face. All i could think was look how easy everything comes for you and i am working so hard and feel like a failure  :'( :'( like i say ....difficult day .

Hope everyone else is OK Donnerprinz your journey has started, your time will come round very quickly xxxxx

Kiwi - hope all went well with your retrieval??? please update us xxx

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #96 on: 8/07/15, 09:38 »
    Morning everyone

Hereís hoping for a good day for you all.

Sam Ė Glad to hear that you are on your way again, did your DH do the jab again?  I really canít remember when I was told how many eggs and have looked back through my posts to see if that sheds any light but unfortunately it didnít.  Except that I posted in July 2012 that I had 4 eggs and the following day that they had all fertilised so I must have been told on that occasion.  From memory I had either 6 or 8 eggs in November, 6 fertilised but none were suitable for freezing and in April I think we had 12 eggs, canít remember how many fertilised but we had 2 transferred and 2 to freeze. 

I am sure we knew especially on the first go when we used fresh as I got a call on the Wed at work to say EC had been successful and the number of eggs but not to book anything till the following day when they could tell me whether fertilisation had been successful.  I didnít work on Thursdays at the time so got a call in the morning and then booked everything to fly out on the Friday.  I canít be 100% sure they told me eggs numbers or just successful fertilisation numbers on the 2nd & 3rd attempt.

I agree that it is nice to feel that you are getting all the information but I also think that we also have to trust that they are doing the best they can to give us success, after all it is in their interests as well.  I have also found I have really had to get a bit stroppy over the phone sometimes to actually get an answer.  I didnít pay my deposit last time until well into the process because I had unanswered questions and they were still reviewing my file (some conflicting info re my test results and when they expired so I simply said I wasnít going to pay until everything was lined up and answered to my satisfaction).

Anyway Ė I am really hoping for success for you this time, the 1st of Aug will be here before you know it.

Love
    Morag
    xx

Offline kitten106

• Never Give Up
    modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #97 on: 9/07/15, 19:17 »
    Hello everyone

Well transfer is now in August I'm not going for frozen embryos I only said that as I was trying to think of a solution to my flight problem and flights and hotel will be more expensive in August but it's my last shot at this with Eugin.

Could anyone help me out with a question I have as I have asked Anna this and she hasn't got back to me which I have noticed contact seems to go down a bit. Basically this treatment cycle has to stop and then start again for transfer in August .... I currently apply 2 patches every 3 days ( one 100mcg and one 50mcg) which totals 150mcg ( I know some of you probably use 2 75mcg but I had loads of 100mcg left over from last year)

Anna emailed and said I now have to apply one patch every day for 7 days and take (orally) one 200mg utrogestan pessary every evening for 7 days then stop and when period comes start 2 patches again.

My question to her was which patch do I apply for 7 days the 100mcg or the 50mcg? And can I insert the 200mg pessary for 7 days and not take it orally as I don't take tablets very well and when we are having treatment we insert the pessaries vaginally so I don't see the difference ..... She hasn't answered me and I'm getting all anxious again as my patches are due to be changed tomorrow so makes sense to start doing this then ... I just wondered if any of you ladies knew what I should do ?

I also asked Anna about the 700 euro discount but transfer had to be done within certain dates so I didn't qualify .... Typical .
    Sam I know exactly what you are going through at work as it's been the same for me with woman announcing their pregnancies .... It hurts I know especially when they are so flipent about it ... I have often gone to the toilet and cried and cried ... And the feeling of being left behind that you mentioned is an exact way to describe it.

One more question ... I know that if you have fresh cycle using a donor and you don't take the donor's drugs over with you on day of transfer you have to pay 1,500 euros.... Is this the same if you have donor frozen eggs?
    Anyway chat soon... Love to everyone else I haven't mentioned

Kitten xxxx

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #98 on: 9/07/15, 20:50 »
    The deadline for the offer of the Ä700 was to pay 1/2 of full bill before the end of June...
    Then you have one year to be able to pay other half and start the treatment.

Has anyone looked into if it's cheaper to buy the donors drugs over here in UK or Spain?

Offline kane and Able

modify
    Eugin Clinic - Part 4!
    « Reply #99 on: 12/07/15, 20:58 »
    Hi Everyone,
    Morag thanks very much for your post, I really was having a bad couple of days last week but am back to my normal self now I am pleased to say  ::)  I am putting total trust and faith in the clinic, at the end of the day they want to results just as much as we do so I am just going to go with it!
    And yes my hubby did the injection for me, bless him.

We are all set to go Barcelona on 31st July and hope to have the transfer on Saturday 1st or Monday 3rd August. We have booked flights/hotel and now found a kennel to have our fury babies. Anna has been in touch to say the donor she was hoping to use for us did not provide enough eggs for us so she was going to look elsewhere. ^eyes^ She asked if it was essential to have a donor with the same blood group, hair colour as me and eye colour as me (I am blonde with blue eyes....well not true blonde!!!) Anyway we decided that as long as the blood group matched we would be OK with our donor having brown eyes and brown hair as my DH is dark with brown eyes and hair. So hopefully this will speed up the search for the donor. We have also asked for a Proven donor this time which Anna has now confirmed we will have.

Kitten - We didn't qualify for the 700 discount either unfortunately  :'(
    Re your drugs I cant help much I am afraid only to say that when we had to come off ours slowly they asked me to take the pessary by mouth too, but I have the utrogestan which are like a bullet, they said to me that it was fine to keep taking the pessary vaginally and not by mouth so It should be fine for you too. Again if you are not sure please ring them and be forceful about speaking to someone. ::)

Re the donor drug money, Kitten you have to pay this for your go even though we are using frozen EGGS we still have to pay the money for the donor drugs - last time i got the donors drugs at my local ASDA. I think i got the lot for a couple of hundred less that the price we have to pay the EUGIN and every penny counts!!

So this time I am going to do the same, I am going to ring ALI chemist and get a quote for the price of the drugs. Morag what did you do this time? did you get them here or did you pay the money?

The cost of the drugs in the UK vary so its worth ringing around a couple of places. Some places need a wet signature on the prescription which i got the clinic to do last time. But this time they are saying they cant give me a wet signature prescription as the prescription is not for an individual..... ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^ I am not sure what to do...Morag can you help?

Keep your chin up Kitten

Take care all love Sam