Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Eugin Clinic - Part 4!

58K views 337 replies 30 participants last post by  Morganite76 
#1 ·
happy chatting one and all  ^gossip^

Maggie xxx

#127 ·
OMG OMG OMG OMG

Doctor just called....I am pregnant!!!!!!!! my first reading is 2041. I will have another blood test Thursday to make sure all is doing well!! today, waiting for that call has been the longest day of my life and now i am crying with joy.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

#128 ·
^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^ ^banana^ fantastic Sam

#129 ·
Thanks for the good wishes.  ;D ;D

BeatrixBing!!!! This is absolutely wonderful news and just made me cry (hormones aswell!)

I am so pleased for you. Well done with all the injections, I remember doing this from my two cycles with my own eggs ...it is not easy.

But TWINS wow, that is brilliant I bet you are so happy. So how many weeks are you pregnant? What were your HCG readings on what dates post transfer?
My first reading 15 days post transfer was 2041, my second reading 47 hours later was 4878 we are happy with that. I will be having first scan on or around 29th August. Apart from sore boobs no symptoms really and we are 5 weeks pregnant today.
Really pleased to read your wonderful news.

Hi to everyone else, i hope things are progressing well. Kitten any news on your date?

lots of love
Sam
x

#130 ·
BeatrixBing - fabulous news  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^  I now what you mean about not telling anyone though, even 2nd time round I felt that way even though I know it is totally illogical and even at 19 weeks I haven't told very many people  ^idiot^  but it is starting to become fairly obvious.

I just love hearing positive news, it makes me smile all day (and also a bit teary too).

Will be keeping everything crossed for both you and Sam. 

AFM I have my 20 week scan on Tuesday which I am really looking forward too as I am still having doubts - despite a fairly large and obvious bump.

Loving this thread at the moment

Morag
xx

#131 ·
Hi

It's lovely to finally have belly scans rather than the old dildo cam! 

We are not going to find out sex Beatrix, everything has been so known so we like to have something 'normal'  :)  And yes she does know, she has been at the scans and as we are telling others it seemed wrong not to tell her.  She is very sweet and kisses my tummy saying hello baby  and then peers into my belly button trying to see the baby. 

How are you Sam and every one else?

Morag

#132 ·
Hi Everyone,

Beatrix its so lovely to hear your scans are good, i hope the discomfort from your ovaries gets better soon, it is so lovely to have the belly scan.
My first scan should be this Friday but the clinic are fully booked so we are booked in for Saturday 5th September, i am a little nervous really. I have been quite poorly with a terrible migraine all weekend but it lifted yesterday and now i feel so much better....but that it was worries me! Still looking for confirmation from symptoms its really annoying. Why am i not being sick???  Will be better I am sure when the scan has been done.

Morag good luck today, another milestone for you! well done xxx

How is everyone else doing?
xx

#133 ·
Hi everyone,
So many good news on here lately, very good to hear it all.

We have finally got all the money together and spoken to EUGIN today.
I am due my next period tomorrow and apparently I will need my injection 3 weeks after.
I went to a pharmacy here in Scotland today too but they need my GP to write a prescription with the info that is on the Spanish prescription EUGIN did.
Because in Scotland we get free prescriptions they are going to look into it to see if any of the things on the list can be subsidised ( not counting on anything) if not our coordinator will contact the farmacy that they deal with in London to get it sorted.
What did all of you do regarding getting the drugs that are needed? Does the price vary?
It's getting very exciting for us now if it all goes to plan we will be in Barcelona mid October  ^pray^ ^pray^

#134 ·
HI Donnerprinz

How exciting that you are starting soon, I wish you success. Have you asked your GP if they can transcribe the prescription, mine won't but some apparently will. I bought mine drugs from Ali's chemist in London and there is also Independant Pharmacy (or similar) who Eugin work with and recommend but I found Ali's prices better. It is definitely worth getting a couple of prices

Ali's is alischemist@yahoo.co.uk or tel 0207 790 150 Your co-ordinator at Eugin should be able to give you the contact details for the other chemist.

Sam - the worry just doesn't stop I'm afraid, but each scan and appt is another milestone reached and this pregnancy is so different from my last that there isn't even the reassurance of familiarity. Try not to worry/obsess too much which is so much easier said than done I know. ^hugme^

AFM fab 20 week scan but anterior placenta which is why I haven't felt any movements. Could have had a nicer or more chatty sonographer who also included my daughter in the conversation and pointed things out to her, there are some brilliant people out there.

Morag
xx

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

#135 ·
HI everyone,

Donnerprinz I second what Morag said, the first time I needed drugs i went to ASDA who were cheap but would not split the prescription this made things difficult. Last time i went to Ali's they are just so so helpful and nothing is too much trouble. Morag when you had your pregnancy confirmed did you get your doctor to prescribe your Pessaries and Patches?
This is a very exciting time for you Donnerprinz, anything you need to know just ask we are here to help and support you.
Beatrix your news is wonderful I am sure your two little ones will grow big and strong, when is your next scan?
Morag, great news on your 20 week scan, whats an anterior placenta? great that you had a wonderful stenographer good for you.

AFM I am 6 weeks tomorrow very moody and tired. Sore boobs but generally well, although people keep telling me i look flushed!

Its been a very difficult time  for me, My beautiful sister in law and close friend lost her battle with cancer yesterday and died, my brother had left her two years ago so she didn't have a significant other which makes it all more sad. She leaves behind my gorgeous 4 year old nephew, she was just 42. We were very close and were on holiday together just this time last year,it is so shocking although it has been a long journey, she fought colon cancer and beat it just to find out she had developed liver cancer, the last 4 weeks she has been in a hospice and we have been visiting her there. A very emotional time, my whole family are devastated and i am hiding this precious secret. One minute i feel so sad and the next i am feeling happy and grateful for what I prey is growing inside me. This is indeed the circle of life and i am so desperate to make this work in her memory  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^
xx

#136 ·
Oh Sam how difficult for you and what an horrific thing to have to deal with for you all.  And how awful for your little nephew.  Sending you lots and lots of virtual hugs  ^hugme^ 

An anterior placenta is when it is at the front of the uterus so any kicks are cushioned by the placenta instead of me feeling them.  Fairly common and doesn't cause any problems as long as it moves up as the baby grows.

My GP wouldn't help me at all with drugs but I got Ali to split the prescription so I had enough to get me to roughly the OTD and then ordered the remainder once I had a BFP.  The delivery charge was about £10 from memory and they arrive really quickly via Special delivery.

Keep strong and look after yourself

Morag
xx

#137 ·
Hi girls,

Will Ali accept the presumption we get from our Dr in Spain?

Started my period today so I believe its in 3 weeks time I need to get the injection...
This will be our only go at this so I can on,y hope that it works there are so many people I know where it has work I can only hope for the best. It's been a tough decision too to finally go with a donor.

We will go to Barcelona for 1 week as we can stay with my mum in Sitges which is nearby and have a little holiday at the same time 😊

Xx

#138 ·
HI Donnerprinz  yes Ali will accept a Spanish prescription.  Good luck

#139 ·
Thank you Morag, my GP what's £15 to transcribe the prescription and giving the injection which is fine but then they said that the pharmacy may ask for another surcharge??? Don't understand that they would add more on top of the drugs cost...

Will call Ali on Monday and the the one that EUGIN use and may also try Asdas as someone suggested that

X

#140 ·
Ali will simply charge drugs and postage.  I think if you have a UK prescription then ASDA may be cheaper even with the GP surcharge.  Can't see why a chemist would charge you anything other than the cost of the drugs and postage if applicable.

Let us know how you get on.

Morag

#141 ·
That's exactly what I thought about a chemist.
Doesn't make sense, maybe the GP practice admin girl got a bit confused...

Due to have the injection on the 16th as I just got an email confirmation of EUGIN, but now they say they need a filled in consent form, pretty sure we filled out every single form we got given when we went to barcelona we also payed for a blood test and now they are asking me to confirm my blood type?? We payed for a test and they don't have my blood group? So I will have to go to my GP to give me a write out of my blood type which I bet will cost me money again, not happy about this to be honest as now I am starting to feel a bit stressed to get everything in time and I was so chilled out about it all up no now  :-\

#142 ·
Ok so went to the first Pharmacy today and they quoted me:
£89.91 for Decapeptyl Jab
£95.05 for 8 boxes of 15 Progesterone Passaries
£38.40 for 4 boxes of Estradot patches

Then went to Asda they can do all  at cost for £168 so got everything ordered and I can pick it up tomorrow

Just thought to post in case any ladies here want it for reference, Asda also accepts the prescription directly from EUGIN so you don't need to have this transcribed!!

Xx

#143 ·
kane and Able said:
Hi Moragob!!

Sorry been so busy at work and its quite a stressful time sorting out the holiday and celebrations for the big birthday!! its taken up so much of my time, that and working and looking after my 3 fur babies ( i have 2 great Danes and a wiemeraner) Anyway, did you get AF?????? whats happening do you have your date?
Hello

Morag did it work for you

have you gone yet? I hope i have not missed you...

My hubby has a property/building company, it is rapidly growing and he is loving it, but it can be time consuming, he is living his dream and working hard to make sure that we can both live mine also....

Donnerprinz have you been to the Eugin yet?

Hope everyone else is OK. updates would be great.
take care
Sam ^hugme^

#144 ·
Hi Sam,

Not been yet. Got my date for the first injection on the 16th of September then I need to wait for another period. Then I will start patches etc EUGIN will then give us our date which should be around mid October 😁 getting a little anxious.
My lovely husband is filling out the consent form that the admin claim we had not done. We definelty did as we remember all the questions  ^idiot^ Anyway so it will get send to them tomorrow via post and email.

How quick after the procedure do you get to do a test?

#145 ·
Hi Donnerprinz,

Ok so everything is moving forward for you that is great news role on the 16th!! The forms are frustrating but the 'consent' form is very easy with just a tick in the box and a signature required from both of you, i get your frustration though if you already feel they have it! anyway try not to sweat the small stuff...you got your drugs, you got your date and are ready to roll...very exciting.

I am still on my drugs and now i get them from Ali's chemist as suggested by Morag, they are so efficient, they hold my prescription and just send me items off it when i ring up so it makes the cost a little easier to manage.

I am 7 weeks pregnant today!!! very exciting, still have sore boobs and a tiredness but apart from that doing just fine. Only last night i caught my hubby's cold, i have a bad sore throat and a bit of a chill. Stayed home today and rested hoping it hasn't effected anything that is happening for me.

I have my sister in laws funeral on Tuesday which is also my birthday, very sad times but also i am hiding this secret from my family which is difficult. I have news that will make them so happy but wont say anything because of what happened last time.

I have my first scan on Saturday at 11:30 this is our next major hurdle and i am very anxious just preying that everything is ok in here!!! ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

lots of love to everyone.
Sam

#146 ·
Hi,
Hubby picked up all the drugs today so we have the, at home.
EUGIN said they will accept my verbal confirmation of my blood type hurray  ;D so no need to pay for a private blood type test as the NHS aren't willing to release a copy of this to me.
I told I was given the anti D every time after the termination and both DNC's as I am rhesus negative.
We have scanned the consent form and also sent it to them yesterday.
We where told today that we had ticked that we wanted 3 embryos implanted that's obviously a mistake so she said that in our case they would do two which I think is more than plenty!! I think I would be a little scared with 3 anyway.

I have everything crossed for your next scan Sam not long to go.

How quick after the implantation of the embryos do you have to wait to do a test to see if you are pregnant? Do you just do a normal clear blue type test or does it have to be a ruin or blood test? Can you have that done of the NHS?

Xx

#147 ·
Hi
Great news that you are all sorted with the drugs! Ok so regarding the test date, it depends what day transfer you have, in both my cases I had day 2/3 transfer and I had to wait 14 days after the transfer then do a test, the clinic require that this test is a blood test, my GP is very supportive and did my blood tests for free on the NHS. You have to have a first blood test if that is positive then you need to have a further blood test. This shows the rise in HCG levels in the blood & the two tests confirm a pregnancy. But the clinic will give you very thorough instructions on the day of the embryos being transferred to you. Hope that helps, take care, Sam 

#148 ·
I am off for my scan i am 7 weeks and 2 days

^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

so nervous.......

#149 ·
ITS TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!

preying that they both stick this is amazing we sobbed when we saw their little hearts beating, such a wonderful feeling.

The sonographer was called Morag so we were always on to a winner.
Twin 1 CRL 10mm - 7 weeks 0 days old (EDD 23/04/16) heart beating 160 bpm
Twin 2 CRL 10.8mm - 7 weeks 1 day old (EDD 23/04/16) heart beating 152bpm

WOW ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

#151 ·
Hi everyone,

Sorry don't get on here very much with feeds & nappy changes! So many updates to catch up on. So many positive threads. You've all been busy!!

OMG SAM!!! Amazing!! So happy for you. Take it easy & rest while you can. Sorry to hear you've had a rough time. Stay strong & your little twins will get you tthrough Tuesday.  Thinking of you xxx

Morag - well done, half way there! pleased your 20 week scan went well. You too rest while you can though I suspect its not easy with a little one around.

Beatrix - congratulations to you. Twins for you too!! Hope everything's going well. Rest while you can as won't get much when twins arrive.

Donnerprinz  - pleased to hear everything is moving forward for you. Be encouraged that things are so positive from this thread at the moment.  I'd recommend having 2 embryo transferred unless you're advised otherwise for health reasons.  I had 2 transferred & 1 detached 3 weeks later.  At the time I was devastated as thought lost the ppregnancy,  but thank ggoodness the other embryo was attached & now have a gorgeous 4 week old little boy

Kiwi - Hope everything continues to go well for your pregnancy.

Hope eeveryone else is ok & things are going well?

I was admitted back into hospital after being hhome for a week due to an Iinfection. Was discharged after 4 days on aan ivaantibiotic drip. Feeling much better now & Ben is doing well. CCan't believe he's 1 month old already!  Where does time go?

Love to all
Jo xxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.