* Author Topic: NOT Telling the child, Chat/Support thread  (Read 83069 times)

0 Members

Offline Blondie71

• Gold Member
modify
NOT Telling the child, Chat/Support thread
« Reply #120 on: 13/07/15, 22:20 »
I'm blue eyed and went for a brown eyed Greek for DS, I was convinced the boys would stay blue too as they looked blue until around 6 months and then they turned a hazel-green colour, doesn't help that they have saucer like eyes so they get alot of comments and it's usually "wow daddy must have lovely big brown eyes" oh yes he must lol

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Jes87

modify
    « Reply #121 on: 14/07/15, 09:28 »
    I'm blue eyed and went for a brown eyed Greek for DS, I was convinced the boys would stay blue too as they looked blue until around 6 months and then they turned a hazel-green colour, doesn't help that they have saucer like eyes so they get alot of comments and it's usually "wow daddy must have lovely big brown eyes" oh yes he must lol

Hehe that's what I was thinking might happen with ours! She's seven months now so they *should* stay blue, but they are still pretty dark so could possibly change. If it comes up I reckon I'll just use Bundle's response about the milkman ;D

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #122 on: 14/07/15, 09:46 »
    Good call Jes  :) I think that 75% of the battle to making it believable is being prepared. The other 25 is keeping it simple  :)
    Xx

Offline TiggerBounces

modify
    « Reply #123 on: 14/07/15, 12:06 »
    Im jumping in here on the eye colour discussion. I have hazel eyes and DP has blue, our son with OE has hazel eyes like me. We're now considering DE and noone can find hazel eyed donors...all they're offering us is brown or green.  I don't know whether to compromise on this, I feel really strongly about matching my hazel eyes for some reason...eyes to the soul....I don't know....is this irrational....? Its almost looking like we'll have to cry off this time as they can't find them, not even in Spain which really surprises me. What do you reckon? Matter? Not matter?

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #124 on: 14/07/15, 12:38 »
    TBH, I don't think it matters in terms of getting a plausible phenotype match, especially in light of what Bundles posted above -- a lot of green eyes are actually kind of hazel as well, plus two different pairs of hazel eyes can be very different in colour. Particularly in countries where light eyes are less common, I think hazel eyes often are called "green". Could that be the case here?

Offline moonpig68

modify
    « Reply #125 on: 14/07/15, 13:33 »
    Tigger, both my parents have hazel eyes as do my siblings. I have unmistakably blue eyes so even if you do wait for a hazel eyed donor your baby may not have hazel eyes. So if it were me it wouldn't matter. If my clinic couldn't have found me a blue eyed donor then I would've gone with brown as that's what DP has, and both the babies have the most beautiful dark brown eyes like their daddy xx

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #126 on: 14/07/15, 15:26 »
    Tigger when I was younger I desperately wanted to have brown eyes  ^idiot^ so called my green ones hazel  :) They do actually have some brown around the pupil which can change as & when. Once I worked out that the boys liked green eyes, strangely I started calling them green  ;D

As Crazy says, often green eyes will be called hazel as they may contain some brown - and having read my link we all understand the reasoning for that (and could now call ourselves eye colour geneticists  :P;D so I would request a donor with green eyes & you may well get the outcome you desire. In your situation I would specify NOT brown.

xx

Offline Clara01

• Gold Member
    • Every cloud has a silver lining.
    modify
    « Reply #127 on: 14/07/15, 16:13 »
    I have hazel eyes, but there are countries like Italy (my home-country) that do not call eyes "hazel".  :P Eyes can only be "green, blue, gray, brown or black". So I had on my IDs "green" or "brown" eyes, depending on the person at the ID-office.  ^idiot^

Offline Clara01

• Gold Member
    • Every cloud has a silver lining.
    modify
    « Reply #128 on: 14/07/15, 16:15 »
    There is also another interesting site that tells 'How Blue Eyed Parents Can Have Brown Eyed Children':
    http://genetics.thetech.org/how-blue-eyed-parents-can-have-brown-eyed-children

How interesting! Thank you, Bundles! :)

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #129 on: 14/07/15, 21:18 »
    Talking of eye colours I get told mine are blue, green or grey dependin who I ask, DPs are brown and no one can ever decide on mine, we take any eye colour in a donor

L x