* Author Topic: NOT Telling the child, Chat/Support thread  (Read 83867 times)

0 Members

Offline Fox Gloves

• Mum to 2 gorgeous little people
modify
NOT Telling the child, Chat/Support thread
« Reply #200 on: 18/05/16, 14:07 »
Thanks lily x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline HMF

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #201 on: 18/05/16, 15:44 »
    Lilly, I'm 100% decided not to tell my DE conceived son and I'm due to go head with a DE/DD cycle next month. I'm undecided of if have a DD child so maybe this is not the thread for me? I really need the support though so if you know of a thread that I can join for support let me know thankyou x

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    « Reply #202 on: 18/05/16, 17:33 »
    Hi ladies

Management will look into your request to be added, it's open to long standing members who are frequent posters who are 100% decided on not to tell

L x

Can I also be considered for access?

Many thanks

Offline Orchid-1

• Gold Member
    • Have courage to follow your heart and intuition...
    modify
    « Reply #203 on: 18/05/16, 20:36 »
    Me too. Thank you.

Offline weffwild

modify
    « Reply #204 on: 24/05/16, 12:47 »
    Please can I request access to not telling board

Offline Carter4

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #205 on: 28/05/16, 06:54 »
    Please could I also be given some consideration for being allowed to join the private thread. A safe haven to speak freely sounds like a little slice of heaven. I have DE twin girls.

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #206 on: 28/05/16, 08:03 »
    Added you to the list  :)

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #207 on: 23/06/16, 22:45 »
    Ladies can I request that you PM either myself or Lilly to request access to the private Not Telling Board, and please include a reason for wanting to join.

Access is limited to people who have decided not to tell their child/ren or friends/family they used or are using a donor. It is unlikely that new members, with no posting history, will be given access. If you are still debating then this thread and possibly the Telling thread are the places to post and discuss.

Bundles

Offline Sugar27

• Finding courage to carry on our journey
    modify
    « Reply #208 on: 29/06/16, 15:50 »
    Can I too request to join not to tell as I have so many 100%  reasons as to not tell. This would divide my family so my child needs stability not conflict but support around possible issues would be great

Thank s

Offline Wheeze

modify
    « Reply #209 on: 2/08/16, 13:20 »
    Hi it is really quiet on this thread, is everyone on the private not telling one?

DH and I have just had a bfp with double donor and we are not planning on telling.
    Super excited but starting feel the enormity of what we have undertaken.
    We have OE LO who is a real mixture of the 2 of us and I am just having a few nerves about it all - really happy and feel VERY lucky, although it is early days and don't want to get carried away before first scan or anything.

Guess I just wondered how those who have had DE, DS or DD coped with any feelings like this? 
    We weren't matched for blood group or anything (although don't actually know what DH's is anyway). 
    We are quite private people and with our families etc decided that a not telling anyone policy is the best way for us personally but did anyone have/come across any problems by doing this?
    Sorry if that's really personal question but just trying to get my head around everything...

Did you worry that your bubs would look so different to you people will comment - I can't imagine it would be a probably but the hormones are sending me a bit nuts at the moment I think! ^idiot^

Thanks for any advice
    xx