* Author Topic: NOT Telling the child, Chat/Support thread  (Read 83062 times)

0 Members

Offline Orchid-1

• Gold Member
  • Have courage to follow your heart and intuition...
modify
NOT Telling the child, Chat/Support thread
« Reply #220 on: 21/09/16, 00:28 »
Pinkie - I'd be furious too. So sorry hun.  :-\

PALS is useless and so is the NHS complaints system because it just makes the issue huge. And the IVF process is stressful enough without being part of a bureaucratic nightmare.

Could you let it die down for a a month or so and then say that the sonographer mistakenly put in DE when it should be OE?
It would be her word against yours? I know that is a bit naughty....

Your lawyer could ask for it to be redacted. The system is so bureaucratic that if they get an official letter then that is the only time they sit up and take notice.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline nevertoolate

modify
    « Reply #221 on: 21/09/16, 03:10 »
    Hi
    From the previous conversations I was interested to know why they ask if it is donor eggs if ivf is on your file. I honestly don't understand why this would impact on treatment.

Offline Orchid-1

• Gold Member
    • Have courage to follow your heart and intuition...
    modify
    « Reply #222 on: 21/09/16, 16:29 »
    Dreaming - I think it's so they can say an older OE is more at risk than younger DE.

Some people say it's their OE which was frozen when younger [when asked].

-both my DH's mum and mine had a child when they were 50. Both children grew into healthy adults. In their day IVF was not available.

Offline Pinkie3

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #223 on: 21/09/16, 19:00 »
    Thank you ladies, I really appreciate your advice on this. I kept my email very vague to PALS as bundles suggested. If I don't get a straight answer about the procedure to remove this information then I am going to take your advice and leave it as I am already concerned about the amount of attention I am bringing to it. I am removing it from my handheld notes with tippex (midwife told me to do that) and hopefully my 12 week notes won't need to be looked at again.

Dreaming, as orchid mentioned I only told my sonographer at my nuchal scan, my donor was 13 years younger than me and they combined the scan, blood and age to calculate the risk, I wanted mine to be accurate so told the truth, the only place the donor details needed to be written was on the blood form but she ignored my request not to have it on file.

I'll post an update when I have one X

Offline Pinkie3

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #224 on: 27/09/16, 20:01 »
    Hi ladies, I wanted to follow up with an update in case anyone comes across a similar problem in the future.

After emailing PALS I got a quick response, I spoke to helpful women who explained that she had got in touch with the head of sonographers at the hospital and he would be calling me to discuss. I had to give her vague details but she advised me not to tell her the full contents of what I wanted removed as she would have to make a note of it, which obviously defects the object. So I received a call from the head today where I explained the situation and he was very understanding, he called me back within half hour and told me it had been done. Basically we agreed that the words 'donor egg' would be removed and replaced with 'blood form' so it now reads 'blood form completed by sonographer at the time of scan' which I was more than happy with. From what I could gather they don't like to completely delete sentences but can re word them. I have tippex out these words on my own handheld notes and he says I can go to the hospital and request a reprint at anytime.

I am so relieved that I finally got it sorted. Thanks for everyone's advice before and wishing everyone all the best X

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #225 on: 27/09/16, 20:46 »
    That's great news Pinkie, well done you !! And well done PALS lady  :)

xx

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #226 on: 27/09/16, 21:25 »
    How wonderful to read of a success and so quickly too.  There's hope yet. 

Thanks for the update and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy

Offline nevertoolate

modify
    « Reply #227 on: 28/09/16, 23:30 »
    Hi
    As I got some blood tests from my gp there is Ivf on my record. When I went for a recent scan I seen a consultant afterwards who asked a lot of questions about my ivf treatment. I said it was oe and she commented on my age to basically let me know she did not believe me. I feel we have been through so much and situations like this are another challenge. I honestly don't feel obliged to record that info on my nhs record I feel it is private information. I am really pleased that you got your record changed.

Offline Me, Myself and I

• Gold Member
    • Single Mother By Choice
    modify
    « Reply #228 on: 29/09/16, 06:53 »
    Maybe a stupid question, but how do I find the private board?

Anyone?

Offline maire2012

modify
    « Reply #229 on: 29/09/16, 22:06 »
    Me myself and I,
     I have messaged and admin and asked to join but there has been no response, so Im wondering the same as you.

Maire2012