* Author Topic: GCRM part 6  (Read 86862 times)

0 Members

Offline Mumsy35

modify
GCRM part 6
« Reply #850 on: 14/11/18, 17:26 »
Hi everyone. Im new to the forum and was looking for other ladies undergoing or starting ivf at gcrm. We have our first consultation next month with marco&slightly nervous yet excited. Me 35,hub 42, one daughter, TTC #2 for 6 years unexplained secondary infertility! Is anyone else starting ivf next year?im confused as to which treatment payment plan to go for with fertility access? Any advice is welcome&look forward to sharing my journey with you all!

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline WeeJacs

modify
    GCRM part 6
    « Reply #851 on: 28/11/18, 11:43 »
    Hi All

Just popping on to update, so our 1st cycle at GCRM didn't go to plan, we got a BFN. They collected 10 eggs and 5 made it to blastocyst, fair to say everyone totally amazed with this result esp due to my low AMH, all the staff were hoping for 5 at best. DHEA defo worked a treat for me.

So we have seen Marco already for review, I am now going to have the biopsy for NK Cells to rule this out. I have did a lot of research and it is very common in woman who have Endo. Really want to rule this out before we go head with our frosties!

He has suggested a natural FET though I am slightly concerned, even although my cycle is relatively regular I only bleed for a few days at the most and before starting the IVF process some of my ovulation bloods were borderline. Does anyone have any experience of a Natural V medicated FET?

Jac x

Offline Mumsy35

modify
    GCRM part 6
    « Reply #852 on: 18/12/18, 22:01 »
    Hi weejacs

Sorry to hear that it didnt work this time round. Keep your chin up and stay positive! Next time round you will nail it im sure!
    I love Marco, he is such a nice genuine guy. He made us feel so much at ease and answered a zillion of our questions and so patient too! I was mentioned to that id have to freeze all my embryos due to risk of ohss. I have high amh. I would have a fet without medication ie a natural fet. I hope it works out for both of us! I put my full trust in these people. It may not work out first time and im aware but we gotta keep positive and keep going.

2019.....here we come.....

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

Offline grifter

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    GCRM part 6
    « Reply #853 on: 7/06/19, 22:23 »
    Hope it isn't too much trouble asking on this thread but me and my partner are looking at IVF and are really in the dark about most things at the moment. She suffered ectopic last year and has pcos so we are looking at IVF. We will try the natural route in the meantime but want to get the ball rolling with IVF, currently trying to lose that last few stones and are taking prenatal vits, pregnacare, inositol, omega 3 etc. I've done quite a bit of research, well as much as my brain will allow, and seems create fertility in Manchester or GRCM in Glasgow might be our best options; I'd read about the more natural IVF at create and thought that might be a better option but I don't really know given we don't really know the full medical conditions yet. I'm really not sure about the amount of appointments, transfers that you need to do etc. and how much time it takes. Can anyone share the appointments etc. and time out you have to take when doing this?

On a side not does anyone know if the inositol in a choline inositol tablet is the same as myo-inositol. I'd read myo was recommended but not sure if the inositol in the choline inositol pill is the same thing?

Thanks a lot

G

Offline Mumsy35

modify
    GCRM part 6
    « Reply #854 on: 9/08/19, 23:22 »
    Hi grifter and welcome!

I would highly recommend glasgow gcrm as i was successful first time with natural IVF. The people are lovely and they will explain everything on your consultant appointment and give you a timeline of all the events and appointments you need in detail. Each patient is different i was on short protocol, natural FET. So depending on which protocol you are on they will outline all the necessary details of appointments etc. They do monthly events also so ample opportunity to ask questions before you decide anything. Good luck

Offline SUNNYDANCE

modify
    GCRM part 6
    « Reply #855 on: 25/11/19, 12:31 »
    hello, who is cycling at GCRM right now?  anyone in their 40's? thinking of swapping to GCRM after 4 x failed attempts at GRI over the past year.
    Thank you