* Author Topic: Healthy Tips for Over 40 Success  (Read 18637 times)

0 Members

Offline honeyz

modify
Healthy Tips for Over 40 Success
« on: 25/02/15, 23:23 »
Hi Iv had message asking whats in the green smoothies so here goes,

The green smoothies :-
Get a good blender and add
a handful of romaine lettuce.
A palm full of baby spinach
A cut up carrot
A cut up apple
A cut up pear
half a ripe avocado
a palm full of kale
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
a pinch of cinnamon
1tsp manuka honey.
a cup full of cloudy pure apple juice
a big glass and half of water.
blend all and pour in three large glasses and refrigerate 2 and drink one on an empty stomach for breakfast. Drink the other one half hour before lunch and the other last one half hour before dinner. Every day
This seems like a lot of bother but in time it will become a habit and you will miss it if you stop.
Its full of anti oxidants and calms your immune system down.
 You a add other fruit or veg  depending on what you have.
i.e a small piece of white cabbage (anti cancerous)
or berries or anything else.

I really pray it helps.
Please feel free to ask any questions.
x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LuckyE

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 25/02/15, 23:31 »
    Honeyz - your recipe sounds great. I really want to try it.  HOw long did you do this for? Also, is it really sweet? I am trying to cut back on sugar due to digestive problems. Will it be edible without the pure apple juice?
    Also why do you drink it before meals?

Offline honeyz

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 26/02/15, 00:38 »
    Hi lucky. I've been on this smoothie n clean food diet for over a year. But It could help others sooner? As everyone is different.
    You can omit the pure apple juice its just for sweetness really.
    The reason you want to have it before a meal is that fruit n veg digests faster than other food. So you don't want it sitiing in your stomach on top fermenting.
    Also I forgot to mention a good squeeze of lemon. Fruit n veg is alkaline. Our diets are generally too acidic with grains meat n sugar etc. Really one should aim for 80℅ alkaline and 20℅ acidic diet.
    BTW lemon maybe acidic but once consumed has an alkaline effect in your body.
    So with this youre getting more than your five a day.plus anti anti oxidants plus essential vitamins.
    BTW I used to also have aptimist honey and sometimes apple cider vinegar.
    X

Offline LuckyE

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 5/03/15, 23:06 »
    Thanks Honeyz. That's some dedication doing it every day for a year. I will start it ASAP. I need to take Apple Cider Vinegar but my stomach is very sensitive so it will be good to take it in a concoction.

Offline Debee

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 11/03/15, 11:05 »
    Honeyz could I please ask about the green smoothie you mention.  Firstly, do you believe this has helped fertility wise - I want to do everything I can and as delicious as it sounds it does seem quite time consuming every day.  Also, would you recommend a blender or a juicer?  Many thanks for your help x

Offline toptottyontour

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 11/03/15, 15:59 »
    Wheatgrass is recommended for fertility issues. Its in powder form and just needs mixing with pure juice. Easier than smoothies if you want a cheat option. Coenzyme Q10 is recommended too. Dont forget your folic acid/ pregnacare.

Offline Debee

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 12/03/15, 14:08 »
    Thank you Toptottyontour - that's really helpful.  I want to do everything I can to help, but its a lot to do when you have a full time job.  I'll  look out for the wheatgrass and Q10. 

Offline honeyz

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 24/03/15, 00:17 »
    Honeyz could I please ask about the green smoothie you mention.  Firstly, do you believe this has helped fertility wise - I want to do everything I can and as delicious as it sounds it does seem quite time consuming every day.  Also, would you recommend a blender or a juicer?  Many thanks for your help x

Hi debbie sorry for the late reply. I do believe the smoothies have helped. I would recommend a blendtec with wildside jar (thats what i have) If the blender isnt good the smoothies will taste bitty and awful.

Offline Debee

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 24/03/15, 09:19 »
    Honeyz thank you for your reply.  I'm definitely eating better (lots of salads for lunch with quinoa etc).  I will try the smoothies as well.  Thanks for your help x

Offline honeyz

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 24/03/15, 22:19 »
    Wishing all the luck in the world debee.. ^hugme^
    I also forgot to mention I giv my husband a glass before his breakfast too.
    Happy days molly99 :)
     ^reiki^