* Author Topic: ...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....  (Read 62323 times)

0 Members

Offline Chillout71

modify
...Gynem Cycle Buddies....
« Reply #10 on: 17/04/15, 12:26 »
Hello everybody, I am down to working out my shortlist of clinics for Skype chats (I live in Australia, so it's the only option I have to work out whether I like the clinic before coming over for the ET...) and Gynem is one of the clinics I am considering... really interested in hearing the good and the bad, any honest views from anyone here as to whether they would recommend Gynem again to their best friend or sister... I know it's easy to be positive about the clinic you chose (esp if you found success through it) but I really, really would appreciate your honest views?? Rachel

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 18/04/15, 05:46 »
    Hello
    I am still in the early stages at the moment  but I have decided  to go to Gynem . My problem is I got my prescription but could not get the medication  in the  UK, they have rewritten  but die to time it has taken I have now missed my windows for the month and am still struggling to source one of the medications in the UK.  It's the down regulation  drug so please be aware of this. I had a nightmare with chemists  accepting the prescription and am still trying but it will be day 4 min before I get it which is too late xxx

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 18/04/15, 14:53 »
    Hey hope, had a bit of dilemma skyping, Richard booked us in to talk to doctor for 10am so that was fine but yesterday morning he had been trying to ring us many times wondering why we weren't answering, totally unaware at that time that it was only when we just answered the called, he was saying we were supposed to speak to our doctor an hour ago...that's when we realised we got mixed with their times in Prague and our time in UK!!  :o OMG we were mortified and was very apologetic to both of them! Lol luckily they were okay about it. Like you hope we had very bad signal with Dr,it was impossible to understand him, we insisted he phoned the skype instead of video skype.  So that was fine and good chat for 15 mins...he also said to skype him anytime if we have any questions so its good to know.

Whats the name of your co-coordinator? Perhaps they'll be able to help you with prescription? I got mine but I'm very confused! They recommend to get the drugs here not Prague. So I'm thinking of going with https://www.fertility2u.com ...they seem to have in stock and delivered maybe 24hours or so. Not sure how long but heard they are good, quick in posting and they do refrigerated.

Yeah dr recommend us to come over before EC so nurses can do scan and pre anaesthesia tests on me, we're hoping 10 days..pushing the boat here!

xx

Hi Wackeldini, welcome, hope you find this forum really helpful. Yeah i think it's only main website for fertility. Its godsend to get information going aboard!  I was on another website called http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php ... its another popular website but there is little information getting treatment abroad and not very many people responding it.

Its difficult to pick the right clinic! I went with gynem cos we're having IVF/ICSI, their success rate is good, they have embryoscope and PCSI (more advance than ICSI). Putting a lot of faith in them and hoping for best results! :-) xx

Hi Rachel, its great idea you're going to skype these clinics that you've shortlisted. Whenever we skype Dr Mrazek in Gynem clinic, he didn't know we were actually going with them but because we asked questions ke kept saying 'if that happen then this is how it works'.... so in a way it is good cos he has not pressurise us :-)

Here's the link you might find it useful... go to page three, not sure if its any good to you but I'll sent the link to you anyway
    https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=333859.20
    Take all the time you need and hope you find the answers your looking for!
    xx

/links

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 18/04/15, 15:04 »
    Hope, what drugs did you get? I need to order:
    Gonal F
    Luveris
    Orgalutran
    Ovitrelle

Three of were in prescription but Luveris is missing so going to find out if it needs ordered or not.
    I don't think I'll be doing nasal spray, i think these four drugs are for injecting....its a bit unusual!

I may have to miss this month cycle, maybe start in June. Its a lot to sort out...get ready for prescriptions, consent doctor's signature (god knows when I get the appointments!)

My hubby's shocked that as soon as I start the drugs, we'll be flying out to Prague one week time! Think hes a bit put off the idea having to go soon in may and my af is in two weeks time :-(

xx

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 18/04/15, 19:26 »
    Oh Shamrock  bet you were stressed  x you  seem to have  different  drugs to me. I have Erika  as a Co ordinator and I have to say she has been brilliant  x
     I am  on menopur and decapeptyl  however can't get decapeptyl so need new prescription  for buserelin.
    Are you on short protocol x do u need ecg  before hand. It's mas how quick  things  can proceed. We will have to wait until next month I think as I am day 2 tomorrow  and I need to start day 2 x meds are being delivered Monday x
    They cost 750 and I used Yasser  from London. He was helpful I tried fertility2u but they closed at 5pm on Friday and wouldn't look until Monday xx

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 18/04/15, 19:28 »
    It's Yasser at rigcharm  pharmacy. He was so helpful. X

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 18/04/15, 22:35 »
    it wasn't really stressful lol its more of embarrassment! even my hubby is more mortified than i am, hahaha. i still can't get over it! I've funny feeling everything will be okay regardless of when we start!
    Dr said my ovaries are okay just my hubbys got sperm problem... antibodies so maybe thats why im on different type of drugs but i am going to email richard to clarify again if its right dosage before i buy them!
    I'm on short protocol by the look of my schedule, i think i'm on drugs for 6 days then fly over!  Its so completely new to me so im going with flow! Seems to be going very fast indeed!
    Thats very tight buying drugs so close to your af! Maybe you're better off wait till next af so at least you'll be more prepared? What do you think yourself?
    xx

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 19/04/15, 13:48 »
    I don't think we have a choice really.  As day 2 today x we had a very tight windows this month so will be more prepared next month x

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 19/04/15, 21:54 »
    hope just wanted to say you can buy lupron 3.75mg off fertility2u and it's the same as decapeptyl so you could get them to fax a new script to f2u and you would get it quickly

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 20/04/15, 21:12 »
    Hope
    Are you doing nasal spray?
    Just confirmed I deffo wont needing spray so I'll using two different injections here and when we go over, I do another two injections. I still cant believe the timing for drugs is so so short! But not complaining! Ive just called in my bank today to wire some money over to them for deposit and appointments booked next tuesday for gp's signature. Its getting closer! Havent even thought about apartment but letting richard to it all for me :) xx