* Author Topic: ...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....  (Read 62322 times)

0 Members

Offline SurreyBunny

• Un-Ranked
modify
...Gynem Cycle Buddies....
« Reply #100 on: 10/06/15, 17:14 »
Hello! Sorry I've been MIA - think ET and the travel home took it out of me!

So my last update was Saturday, I was feeling deflated as my communication was only via Martina and so I wasn't given much info and even though I asked her for more details she didn't get back to me. Sunday she emailed late in the evening to tell me to get the clinic for 12 on Monday and that the embryos were developing normally.

So Monday morning as we were leaving I had a call that we had two hatching blasts and possibly one to freeze! I was so happy!! Went and had acupuncture at Natures Care but it was a little out of the way and I had every intention of going back after transfer but it just didn't happen.

Got to the clinic and our coordinator wasn't there but had a meeting with the embryologist who said two were hatching and looked great (5AA and 5AB) and another one which was a little behind but good enough to freeze. I asked if it was the 8 cells which had made it and she said no, it was the 5 cells. Apparently they check them in the morning so they still had time to develop so my worry was for nothing....She recommended slow freezing which I heard wasn't as good but said it is better for freezing anything which isn't top grade as the process can be a bit hard on the embryos.

There was quite a bit of sitting around but around 1pm me and another lady who was also having a transfer went down together and got changed (not much privacy but it was only a paper skirt) I took my phone in so I could listen to Zita West after (though I am finding her a bit annoying...) I was then called in and it was Dr Vlcek who I had my consult with who had a look with the dildo cam and also on the tummy and said I did have some fluid still (I look 5 months pregnant!) but I am fine to transfer and most importantly I hadn't done any damage in the fall! Dr Mrazek was there as well watching over the transfer. There was then an awkward chat between me and the Dr as all I could see is his head between my legs. I have no dignity left lol!! Then there was a screen on the wall where I could see an image of the dish the embryos were in with my name on it which I had to confirm then the nurse came over with the catheter and the Dr injected them in. I could see a white line appear on the screen and after transfer once the catheter had been checked he used the ultrasound to double check it was in place. I had to sit up slowly then walk over to the beds in the waiting room and the nurse came in with a print out description of the transfer and an image of the embryos and scan and list of medications. I was on 1 utrogestan three times a day but now two twice a day and 1/2 prednisolone (which sounds tricky to do and really low) and carry on with the clexane. Test 14 days after EC and scan 10 - 12 days after that.

While I was waiting the embryologist came back to say the remaining embryo had improved from a 4BA to a 4AA so she thinks vitrification was suitable!

We then went and got lunch - I was so lightheaded after and to be honest it hasn't really gone away. We flew home yesterday and I was so pleased to be back. We loved Prague but right now I feel like I need to be surrounded by my home comforts!

Hope - your test date is Monday? I guess now is pretty early - you still have plenty of time. I think I will wait until Wednesday - I enjoy being in my PUPO bubble and don't really want to pop it! Plus I had Pregnyl as a trigger so don't want to get a false positive testing too early!

Shamrock - I am using 100mg x 2 twice a day. I don't feel this is enough though and I do have the injection but not enough to last past test date. I have asked the clinic if they can post some to me but I've had no reply yet. I haven't been lying down after but it's not been too bad. Is there such a thing as too far? Hubby has been helping! Sounds like your embies are doing well! I spoke to embryologist first to discuss how many to put back etc and freezing. The nurse did all the prescription for additional medication after EC and I collected it on my way out. They can write anything else you need while you are there. Get as much as you can! I am only going to book a blood test if I get a positive on a test - I am so close to London it will be fine to find somewhere to do it late notice. I'm just a bit tight and don't want to pay if I'm not!!

Anyway - good luck girlies!! xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #101 on: 10/06/15, 19:23 »
    Hello guys
    I booked hcg as normal with my hospital as my previous ivf attempts the blood test was 2 wks after ec x I had a negative  test today and emailed Erika  she said I have tested too early  and they say to test 2 wks after et x so not due to test until at Tuesday x
    It's killing me and my partner who didn't want me to trst but u couldn't help it x
    Shamrock gal I slso spoke to embrologist brfore et and  discussed quality of remaining eggs and how many to transfer so looks like that is what they do
    Good luck fir ec and bunny good luck PUPO xxx

Offline SurreyBunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #102 on: 10/06/15, 20:25 »
    Is it 14 days after ET? I guess that would make us like 18/19dpo? I don't think progesterone prevents your period so I guess if it holds off til then it's looking pretty good! Sounds like you did test too early hope - are you feeling anything? I was feeling positive earlier but then I was waiting at some traffic lights and a car went past with the reg BFN - hope it's not a sign!!!

Offline SurreyBunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #103 on: 11/06/15, 16:22 »
    Oh shamrock forgot to say Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoyed te Jazz boat!!

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #104 on: 12/06/15, 10:02 »
    Hey guys just wee quick message. Having trouble with Internet past couple of days. Just paid extra 2 quid from  02 just so I can get wifi!
    just had phone call five mins ago that et is happening today! Getting picked up in an hours time! Ooooo I'm so excited but got butterfly nerves! As far as I know from yesterday we still have 5 embryos xxx

Offline SurreyBunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #105 on: 12/06/15, 11:05 »
    That's amazing news shamrock!! Good luck for later!! Did they give a reason for day 4 transfer? Looks like you might get some frosties if they are all still going. Your hubby should be pleased that his swimmers did the job  ;D Let us know how you get on xxx

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #106 on: 13/06/15, 09:17 »
    Hello ladies
    Shamrock  hope egg transfer went well and safe journey home x
    Bunny hope the 2 ww is going ok x
    Just to let you know my results are negative xx
    Good luck  to both of you xxxx

Offline SurreyBunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #107 on: 13/06/15, 09:56 »
    Oh no hope - I truly am am so sorry. Is it definite? Did you contact the clinic?

I swing between being sure it's worked to convinced it hasn't and if it's the latter I don't know how to pick us up and try again. Emotionally this has been so hard.

Do you have a plan? Look after yourselves - there's a great thread by Agate about what to do after a failed cycle and they do say to see it as a course of treatment but I doubt that's helpful to you now. I really am sorry hope.

The idea of testing gets me anxious - I want to stay in this bubble for ever. I am going to test on Wednesday- 14 days after EC as I have a wedding at the weekend and I need to get my game face ready whichever way it goes...

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #108 on: 13/06/15, 10:38 »
    Aww hope, im so so sorry to hear this, I can imagine what your feeling at the min :-[ did your af arrived? Please be kind to yourself and your dh, its such a crappy process for you to go through this. Did your last embie survived and is it frozen? Sending massive hugs to you  ^hugme^ xxx

Bunny hope 2ww isnt driving you mad at the min and that your taking easy! Could I asked, did you guys go through xray thingy at airport no questions asked? Just read up about it that its advisable not to go through it.

Well as for me, yup its day four we were hoping for day 5 but two embies already got into stage of blastocyst and dont want to take another chance trying one more day. And other two were little bit slow but should catch up to where it should be so shes going to keep an eye on them, if it sucessed then embryologist will Vitrification them (fast freeze) so should hear anytime via email :) two embies are grade 1, she explained grade 1 and grade 4 is bad so im relief!

The procedure of et was pretty much what you describe d and it was dr Mrazek who performed it...kinda glad its him cos hes got plenty of experience behind him! Lol two embies were transfered. During that time I dont know why but my legs turned into jelly like literally shaking! Just so glad whole thing is all over! Got loads of utrogestan and prednisolone....im kinda glad I got this tablet cos dh has got antibodies so sperm recognise my body foreign object so it keeps attacking my egg. Im not getting alot of hope on this treatment...im so caution and terrified that it'll not work cos of antibodies.

It sucks we're still in prague, so bored out of our mind with no wifi last couple of days and have seen pretty much everything. Two weeks far too long. Im missing my personal space and home comforts :( not long to go please hurry lol.
    We're going to fancy hotel tonight to stay the night...just so it breaks our weekend a bit and need to get out of this crappy hotel, crappy breakie....just feeling claustrophobic and its so hot here. Im sitting in bed with my vest and nickers on lol
    Xxx

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #109 on: 14/06/15, 11:54 »
    Hi bunny,  totally agree with you this treatment has been rollercoaster full of emotions! Im constantly knackered and lacking energy. I dont know if its treatment is having impact on me or if the weather affects me im just so tired. Really cant bothered to walk around today just sitting here in the lobby surfing the net!
    Sorry for still ranting on!  ^idiot^
    Not long to go till your test on wed! Seems like yours totally fly by...my otd is not till 26th june  ::)
    Xxx