* Author Topic: ...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....  (Read 62219 times)

0 Members

Offline shamrockgal

modify
...Gynem Cycle Buddies....
« Reply #130 on: 30/06/15, 20:46 »
Hi hope
I just assumed it was the date from transfer.....i emailed richard to clarify and went to see gp today, both of them said it was from transfer.
I have appointment with dr tang at royal fertility centre on 14th July for review on my last treatment so I'll asked him then.
Hope yr body has been through alot and it takes time for it to settle...please take mediation to settle yr pain.  We'rE in similar situation with mens problem  so can understand where yr coming from keep tryin and have fun before you start the treatment again :) If I was you eat and drink loads of antioxidants....I  drank 2 or 3 glasses of  red wine every sat night for a month before I start the treatment, then took a break and drank one glass of wine each night for 5 nights before transfer and eat healthy as usual
Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #131 on: 2/07/15, 22:45 »
    Hi bunny
    Was thinking about you earlier and hope your okay. Ive found this link which I think it might interest you.
    https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=336390.190
    Hope, well I was told im 5 weeks by my gp apparently but going to wait till I go to fertility centre and confirm it on 14th july.  Gp also phone that place and get them to book me in for scan in two weeks time
    Im not getting my hopes up, nhs are shambles and it wouldn't suppised me if they didnt book me in but we'll see!
    Xx

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #132 on: 6/07/15, 20:44 »
    Hello ladies
    I have my review with gynem this week and was wondering  which  meds you had this time as I know we all differed x
    I had buserilin  to stop ovulation and menopur for stimulation. Overtrelle for stimms and nothing else until after ec x them had progesterone  x
    Did you have anything else to assist with implantation as this is now 2nd  time I had positive result but didn't stick xx
    Thank you
    Amanda xx

Offline SurreyBunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #133 on: 7/07/15, 15:59 »
    Hi Amanda

I was on gonal f only due to the fact they thought I would over stimm. I think as of day 7 I took orgalutran to prevent ovulation then I triggered with Pregnyl. I specifically requested this as my trigger as I read that ovitrelle has been know to cause some eggs to stick and not release, however if the number of eggs at your scan and the number they retrieved were similar then perhaps its not an issue.

I requested to be treated for mild immune issues as I believe some clinics use this as a standard protocol so I had clexane and prednisolone. I also asked for injectable progesterone.

Have you looked at any immune testing? If you have had two chemical pregnancies then maybe it is worth getting some investigations done first. I don't think there are any clinics in CZ (apart from perhaps Gennet) that look into immune issues. I hear Serum in Athens get a lot of mentions. I completely understand you must want to get on and get back in the process again but I really think you should do some research on here first. Or perhaps consider donor eggs? I don't know how you feel about it but it is successful for many many women.

Shamrock - thank you so much for thinking of me, that's so sweet! I did read that thread (and the one before) and it was interesting! How are you feeling? Have you booked a scan yet?

So I am still pregnant, I am 7 weeks tomorrow and I have not had any pain or bleeding but I still can't believe it will work. I am avoiding having a scan as I am dreading my fears being realised. I do have symptoms (which I didn't with my daughter) but I am all too aware of MMC and how it can all go wrong but your body doesn't realise. I think because for one my body (and DH's) let us down in getting pregnant naturally that I doubt it can create or hold onto a baby any more and two also because if it doesn't work we are not like other fertile couples and can get pregnant again in a few months - the idea of starting from the beginning is truly painful. As sperm is our problem DH is seeing Mr Ramsey in a week so if we can get that side treated (if possible) then we could consider trying naturally. I know this sounds as if I have written it off honestly I'm not quite as doom and gloom in real life but I am just preparing myself. I promise when I eventually have a scan (don't really want to book in with a midwife until I am sure so will have to do it by 10 weeks at least!) I will update you guys.

Wishing you both luck!

XX

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #134 on: 7/07/15, 16:11 »
    Hi hope I was stimulating on Gonal F 300 for two days, 7 days 225 and then I went down to 150 just one day. And at same time I also took Luveris, took both of them for 10 days at 6pm (7pm prague time)
    And as well as I took another injection called Orgalutran for four days before ec and one injection of Ovitrelle. So overall I took four different injections. That was it.
    After the transfer I took Utrogestan for 12 weeks  and prednisone for 40 days
    Good luck with Skype,  let me know how you got on :)

Xx

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #135 on: 15/07/15, 21:41 »
    Hello ladies xx hope you are both growing well xxc
    I am waiting for my prescription  from Dr Mzarek. I have asked that I have all scans here and only travel for egg collection  which he has agreed to.
    That means I would only need yo be out for 6 days???
    Erika said I need tests done before hand for general. Do u know what these will be and where I can get them done
    Thank you xx Let me know how your both doing xxxx

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #136 on: 15/07/15, 22:00 »
    Hi hope, glad to hear everythings going alrite at the min, did you get good chat with him? I had all my blood taken in my local gp free of charge and email results to richard. I got hubby do sperm analysis done too incase they need it but didnt need to. Thats brill news that you only need to stay for short while! When yr thinking of starting again hope? xx

Bunny I completely understand your situation, its scary and its the unknown thats what making you feel really nervous whats going on inside you, I really think you shd go for it gotta have go bite the bullet and go for it if you are mentally prepare for it. Hope yr symptoms has calmed down a bit big hugs to you! Xx

Afm, i hadnt been well past two weeks, keep getting miagraine attack, we went down south for few days last weekend just to get away from everything....it has helped massively now headaches have completely gone. Happy days! Its the hormones thats playing me up and have to learnt not to be anxious

We went to see fertility doctor yesterday ( it was supposed to be for the review of last treatment that didnt work)  but told him our news instead. He was suprised by the news lol. So during that time he was being very negative for some reason and keep saying its very early days. I told him we're completely aware things can changed but kept postive throughout. He also mention he wasnt happy that two embies were put inside me...I was like well tough! Its my choice I can do whatever I want...I was a bit annoyed about that and unprofessional to act like this.

He was able to work out how many weeks I am....at the min im 6 and half weeks, will be 7 weeks this friday....he counted the days from transfer.

When dr was doing scan on me, he was still being very negative and kept saying its very early and wont see anything but we saw our wee baby on the screen....I was in shock then his mood changed into feeling positive saying theres wee heart beating away and pointed out where the heart is. I couldn't believe it, felt like the world has stop completely, was in awe and keep staring at heart beating so fast! It was sooooo tiny! So over the moon, now I can relax a bit and try not to worry and appreciate each day and taking plenty of rest in between :)
     Our next step is to get in touch with gp and give her update and see what we have to do next! Dont think I be seeing midwife till im 8-10 weeks...we see anyway!
    xxxxxx

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #137 on: 15/07/15, 22:14 »
    I'm so pleased for you thst you got to see the baby's heart  beat xx you will fell much more positive  x
    I found  the review in the UK very negative but Dr Mrazek  was very positive, he said that the last cycle had gone perfectly  so didn't want to change things too much. Maybe a little change to drugs. I am getting them to send  the drugs here. It's less stressful.
    I am hoping to go in September for egg collection  and transfer and maybe that way only 6 nights x

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #138 on: 15/07/15, 22:37 »
    Yes I found him very nice friendly,  he made me feel at eased with whole thing and put faith in him. I really do hope its sucess for you this time. If I was you try eat lots of antioxidants.
    Yes its easier for them to post it out to you! I need another five more boxes of Utrogestan to keep me going so had a bit of nightmare getting ordered here, apparently the capsule for vaginal and oral is only available in europe and oral capsule is only available in uk due to regulations they dont do vaginal! It was pain in the ass! So got richard post it out for me and ive noticed he also post prednisolone which I dont need. Not gonna bother send it back cos its only 4 euros
    Youve got a month to sort yourself out so make most of it! :)
    Xxx

Offline SurreyBunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #139 on: 17/07/15, 14:02 »
    Hi Girls

So Hope - what reasons did the Dr give for the last few failures? Does he think it's just bad luck and what does he think the difference of the new medication will be? Did you find out about the blood tests? I would have thought whatever tests they did out there would still be valid but any hormone profiles can be done through your GP. Much better to spend less time out there - I had a rough idea of when we'd fly out but the one and only scan I had on day 7 (day 6 of stimms) showed I was responding well so I flew out on day 11 and had collection on day 12. I wasn't that uncomfortable on the flight and it worked out well I was there for 7 days but could have flown home on day of ET and made it 6 days.  I really hope this is the one for you!!

For egg quality I drank several protein shakes a day made with almond milk, ate lots of eggs and used a hot water bottle every night on my tummy.

Shamrock - that's amazing you got to see your little one! It's a shame your doctor wasn't more positive to start with - perhaps he wasn't happy you went elsewhere? My utrogestan is oral as well but I put it where it's supposed to go lol. I can't imagine swallowing that waxy ball lol. I was told (and have been basing my dates) on EC as it's the same as ovulation date. He has to take into account the age of your embie so if he used ET did he add 4 days on (I think you had a 4dt) which is the same as EC date. So I had EC on Weds so every Weds I go up another week so I am currently 8w2d.

Sooooo my news - I have a doppler which I bought when I thought conceiving would be easy (ha) and as I'd used one with my last pregnancy and heard the hb at 9 weeks I thought I'd try it out. So I've been using it since 6 weeks.......and I heard it!!! Took me til 7w2d but I finally heard it!! I cried lol so I have booked a scan for tomorrow and I have seen my GP to get referred to the midwife so I am finally believing this could actually happen! I also went a bit crazy in the Amazon prime sale and bought a few baby bits I know we'll need. My symptoms are still there but I also have very mild but pretty constant cramps which I think are normal but I had nothing like this before. I am still on all my meds so I am not sure if they are having an effect on how I'm feeling though I heard stopping progesterone can ease some of the bloat which I would be very grateful for!!

Anyway I will update you both with how tomorrow went - please keep everything crossed for me  ^pray^