* Author Topic: ...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....  (Read 63988 times)

0 Members

Offline shamrockgal

modify
...Gynem Cycle Buddies....
« Reply #140 on: 18/07/15, 21:29 »
Awww congratulations bunny!! Knew you and yr baby will be fine! Totally natural to feel nervous about it...tho im crapping my pants for next one! Hope yr proper scan went well :)

I havent bought any baby stuff ....not yet....dont want to jinx it tho! At least we came in right time cos theres gonna be black fri and xmas sale on so gonna be perfect timing :) what did you buy?
Tho there was sale on next, not much but ordered two pair of maternity jeans one for now and bigger size for winter and extra size for jumper So thats the first item I bought for myself.  How are you feeling at the mo?

I find the drugs im on like Utrogestan and prednisone are masking the symptoms im getting like im not as tired as I should be during the day like im suppose go be napping in between and im not, really maybe half an hour to an hour. I feel alert and my belly is soo swollen at the min I looked abt 4 months pregnant and struggling to hide my bump! Far too early to show it and im constantly wearing scarf! Ha

By the way, I know yr not suppose to dye yr hair but grey hair are starting to sprout now and getting really nociable....theres a product called wow, its sort of like a powder that match the colour of your hair and just brush it over it.  Its about 25 quid thinking of buying it my mate raves this product. But was wondering wld you know anything about covering it before I go ahead buy this?

Hope I used wheat heat bag and I heated up in microwave every day if I can and deffo used it a lot every night. I drank milk and loads of water, I ate boiled eggs for breakfast every morming in prague. Keep belly warm as possible.  But dont use it on the day of et and afterwards :-D

Xxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline SurreyBunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #141 on: 21/07/15, 11:33 »
    We saw our beautiful baby!!

We went to Babybond and had a lovely sonographer. I was so nervous before and she kept saying we might not see much and not to worry but there it was. It looked just like a jellybaby  ;D We heard the heartbeat too at 168bpm and measured spot on for my dates. She said it looked like it was in a great spot, perfect size sac, great size and hb and you could still see the yolk sac and the placenta was starting to form. She also had a look at my ovaries and they are still 7cm each but no free fluid which I am pleased about. It was a fairly quick appointment and I wish I had thought to get DH to film it on his phone so I could see it again. I am debating on getting the Harmony test done - are you going to Shamrock? Originally I thought we'd see what the nuchal test shows at my NHS scan but it is more expensive and you get less if you have the Harmony after 12 weeks and I would love to see baby again before 12 weeks. I hope to get my scan date soon!

I heard February is the least popular month for births but great for bargain buys lol! I had to bottle feed from the start last time as I didn't produce hardly any milk so am expecting the same this time so I bought a perfect prep machine and tommee tippee steriliser and bottle set and bulk lot of water wipes and a sleep thing so the baby feels secure and a head thingy too to prevent a flat head lol. I have a lot from last time though I can't wait to find out the sex and see if we need to buy new clothes as we found out with DD so not much is gender neutral. I have some maternity leggings and that's it for myself.

I am so so so tired, I am peeing almost constantly during the night and I still have cramps and twinges and stitch like pains. My boobs are aching and I am totally off anything sweet. I am also grumpy and weepy and very very windy lol but I haven't had much in the way of nausea luckily.

Re hair - is that like what I've seen for balding men lol? I would think as long as it you use it in a well ventilated room you should be ok? I have highlights and I had them done just before Prague. I think it's ok to have them done as you don't really touch the scalp but I may ask my hairdresser as I have a wedding coming up and I'd like to look semi decent!

Hope - how is it going with you? I really hope you don't mind us talking about scans on here - we can move it somewhere else if you would prefer? September is not far away and it's great you have some time so that any changes you make will affect your eggs now. I wasn't sure if it was worth taking supplements just the month before but you can really make a difference. CoQ10 is meant to be great for egg quality. I took a supplement and also had some seedy stuff I sprinkled on salads etc which had it in too.

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #142 on: 22/07/15, 06:44 »
    Hey ladies.
    I am glad you are updating about your little jelly  babies xx it gives me hope that it will eventually  work fir me too.
    I am starting to plan September  however communication  is slow with Erika.
    She is supposed to be getting prescription  for me however so far when she told me cost of meds only took me to day 8. I want enough yo cover me until egg collection so day 10 or 11 and the trigger.
    Fingers crossed  for both of you  it sounds like your brand are both growing  strong xxxxxx

Offline SurreyBunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #143 on: 22/07/15, 10:05 »
    Hi Hope - in my experience you do need to push them. Be firm and repeat yourself and they will give in without too much fuss.

Good luck - September is not far at all and I bet Prague is beautiful then

Xx

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #144 on: 22/07/15, 22:14 »
    Ladies,

I know you are a small group on this thread but I need to remind you that it is site rules to keep pregnancy talk to an absolute minimum out of respect for those who have yet to achieve their dream. ( https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=260253.0 )
    You are absolutely encouraged to continue posting in a supporting capacity but would ask that you don't go into lots of detail about your own pregnancy. You will be surprised how many ladies will read your thread but feel unable to post themselves.
    Once you have your BFP you can use the Early Pregnancy thread if you don't feel ready for the BFP Groups yet:

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=336390.0

Alternatively there is a Pregnancy & Parenting after Infertility - All Czech Clinics thread that isn't being used so you could all post there:

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=326989.msg5916345#msg5916345

Thank you for your understanding  ^hugme^

Bundles x

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #145 on: 26/07/15, 11:06 »
    Hi hope, are you using same co-ordinator the one you had before? Its real nuisance when shes not replying as soon as.... Keep emailing her until she respond just keep saying wheres my meds. It may be because your not on treatment yet, so to them your least priority but it shouldnt be like that.
    How are you feeling at the mo?

Hi bunny hope all is well with you and its brill news to hear everythings going alright with you.  Lol you made me laugh about the hair stuff that men get powdering stuff to cover the baldy bits :) its similar only it comes with brush and powder in a combat just like eye shaow. Going to ask the girl in shop and buy it tmw im nearly sure its safe, ive heard about the harmony test but I think its not available in northern ireland.....doesnt surprise me, its same as we only get one free treatment here. If its available I dont think I'lI'll go ahead to do it...I mean it wont make any difference to me and I dont want to add on the stress for the next 7 months if it's bad news its not fair on the baby

What a lovely summer we're having, its really awful here....where r u mr sunshine lol Xx

Offline dons83

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #146 on: 29/07/15, 23:00 »
    Hello Girls,

I hope you don't mind me joining in! I am currently looking into clinics in Prague after a failed cycle at the RFC.

I have had a few replies back from some clinics but I haven't heard anything back from Gynem. I would love to know your thoughts as there is very little reviews, would you recommend them?

shamrockgal - I see that you also cycled with RFC, did you get your notes from them to send to Gynem or did you get your bloods etc redone? Did your GP do these for you? Did you find it difficult to find somewhere to an ultrasound for you? Sorry for bombarding you with questions! Oh and congratulations I'm sure you are delighted  :)

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #147 on: 30/07/15, 22:03 »
    Hiya dons83

Not at all im happy to help you whatever way I can help you! As far as im aware one of my co coordinator richard is on holiday at the min and wont be back till 3rd tho there are three other co ordinator s who should be able to respond your first email, I remember I eventually got respond from them at first contact within three days or so.

I  recommend gynem cos I got pregnant from them, using our own egg and sperm.  They're so utterly clean, staff were friendly and very professional to what they're doing especially doctors and embryologist, it s outside prague about 20 mins from the centre. The only downside is youre so aware your in different country so there is little lack of communications sometimes with nurses but they are so patient and do their best to help us in any way. Every time we go to reception, it was always busy mainly full of czech republic women, very few english so maybe thats why theres hardly any reports about it.

Im sorry to hear yours didnt work out, what kind of treatment are you hoping to go for if you dont mind me asking?

As far as I can remember going back in February earlier this year that ive asked rfc for copies of previous treatment but was told it would take 4 months.... I was very suprised having to wait that long just to get copies so decided not to bother with them.

Instead I did all the work myself with lots of help from ladies here...my husbands sperm results were two years old and gynem needed update results so dh went in to see his gp and requested sperm anyalsis and a form, then i phone up for him at craigavon hospital which was the nearest to us to book appointment for him to do the deeds that day and when results are ready from gp you can then forward results to the clinic by email.
    Thats the same for you get the bloods done in gp, get all the results and forward to them. Both of them are free of charge
    Its handy for us because it means we dont have to fly over twice.

I had my scan done in belfast just before before we flew out to prague, its called babybond, very well known clinic and popular to go to and its 99 for a scan. Very impressed with their service. You can find it on their website :)

Hope this has helps you deciding on yr chosen clinic....its not easy thats for sure!
    X

Offline dons83

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #148 on: 30/07/15, 23:18 »
    Hi shamrockgal,

Thanks for the info! My 1st preference is Gennet but they said they have a 4 month waiting list and when going private you really don't want to have to wait. But my hubby said whats another 4 months at this stage! Reprofit also responded and have been very helpful but they don't do Embryoscope.

We had our cycle in May, so I just took some time to recover and I am itching to get started again. Our main problem is male factor although I do have endometriosis which I had an op for 2 years ago. I also didn't respond very well and didn't produce what they thought I would. We had 6 retrieved, 4 fertilised and 2 made it to 3dt. We had IVF with ICSI and my husband has to get TESE for retrieval as there is zero count. Although the clinics are still asking for his sperm analysis, which I think is pointless as the only way of retrieving it is via biopsy.

But thanks for clearing that up regarding the bloods. I have had that much taken I wasn't sure if it was the ones the GP done or RFC. I phoned RFC for our notes they said to allow for 40 days but it would more than likely be 30 days. I have a copy of my meds and diary from May so I probably don't need them then and I'll book in with my GP for everything else!

Was it stressful trying to organise it all and your medication? did you have to leave it until close to the time to book your flights and accommodation? I like to be really organised and it will probably drive me mad.

I'll give them a few more days before I make my final decision. Again thanks for all the info its really helpful.  ^hugme^

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #149 on: 31/07/15, 17:49 »
    Hello Dons83
    I too would recommend gynem.
    I am waiting for my Co ordinator  to respond  to arrange  my final attempt  at ivf after a failed one in June.
    I am planning to go in September if I can get everything  organised.
    I would recommend  asking them to send  drugs to you rather than a prescription  as I had a nightmare getting them in the UK due  to the prescription  being an EU prescription x
    I went out for 10 days last time but am hoping to go for just 6 this time xx but Co ordinator  isn't responding well and I am considering  asking for a new one xx there are no waiting lists at gynem and it is very professional x I too had gennet as my 1st choice but I can't bear to wait 4 mths just for consultation  x