* Author Topic: ...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....  (Read 62891 times)

0 Members

Offline shamrockgal

modify
...Gynem Cycle Buddies....
« Reply #160 on: 24/08/15, 21:30 »
Hi hope, it was abs mad after finding out postitve results like couldnt believe it worked, definitely some surreal moments and everything feels like i was going through slow motions and my hormones was sky rocket, very moody, snappy no particular reason, going hysterical and feeling anxious. Ive been told its completely normal lol it was very difficult not able to tell anybody I found that hard. Only told our parents literally like day after my otd and two close friends.  That was it.
Ack flip have they forgotten to give u needles! Tut tut. Its difficult not able to book anything to confirm it thats for sure...wont be long now Sept is only round the corner! Whoop whoop xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #161 on: 24/08/15, 21:55 »
    If I was you hope just book one way flight to prague and when you get there, speak to yr doc and he 'll be able to tell you when is yr et. Then book flight home when ur in prague. When i start the treatment We booked return flight and when we got to the clinic we spoke to doc I think it was after ec he told us the et will happen on the day we fly home! So we had to cancel that flight and re book the flight home. But we had to stay extra two days there after et cos theres no flight at that time. Its difficult to know.
    I think its easier for u to stay in centre u only need hopefully three trips to get there. We just got taxis each time thats no plm and get yr co ordinator to book it each time. I did this via email so I didnt use mobile at all
    Hope this helps
    Xx

Offline Lin041

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #162 on: 3/09/15, 18:30 »
    Hi Hope39, I am also using Gynem and don't know exact dates but it looks like we'll be in Prague same sort of dates! Atm I'm on day 3 of Gonal F, will be injecting 3rd one this evening. I seem to be on a short protocol of 9-10 days injecting, no down regulation this time. I'm struggling to find a nice clean hotel at decent price, have you got any advice for me? I've now arranged scans in UK but Gynem want a pre-op report also, have you done this also? Look forward to hearing from you soonest. Linda

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #163 on: 5/09/15, 08:48 »
    Hiya Linda
    I have sent you a private message.
    I really had to fight to only travel for egg collection and egg transfer as they wanted all the tests to be done in prague.
    As i was only there in June I pushed and they are using my results from then.
    I have a scan booked on Wednesday and Friday next week, however I am unsure when egg collection will be as I know they dont work weekends and if egg collection is Monday or Tuesday then May not get the day 5 transfer that I want this time.
    I still have my co ordinator as Erika however I still wish this had been changed as she wasnt there for me last time when I actually went to gynem for ec and et as she had exams.
    What dose are you on for gonal f, I'm on 475 menopur for first few days and then changing to 400 after.
    Just to let you know that there is a bridge in Prague near the charles bridge which has love locks.  Its near the John Lennon bridge.  We added ours as Prague is going to be such a special place.  its very emotional but romantic too!.
    Speak to you soon.
    Booking dot com has some good deals - maybe an apartment near the centre. Gynem do offer apartments however I am unsure where they are.

Thanks and good luck - may see you there

Amanda

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #164 on: 7/09/15, 17:30 »
    Hi linda and hope just want to wish you both lots of luck on this journey! Not long to go when are you heading out linda? The scans can be done at home, its up to you really what you think its best. Like you said my co ordinator told me get one scan at home and one in clinic and we did that. If you want to do both at home its shouldn't be a plm cos you'll be meeting the doctor anyway and its very likey he wants to scan you again before yr ec.

Usually co ordinator picked the apartment right in the centre of prague and another apartment outside prague about 10 mins to clinic, its up to you where you wanna go but I found its easier to stay in centre of prague where theres plenty things to do. Linda u deffo have to get the lock, it can be found near john lennons wall :)
    I found the needles toughed to use....I was soo sore every time and keep getting those ugly bruises. If you have a wee fridge in yr room, used any cold bottle and pressed it to yr tummy so it goes numb and deffo shouldn't feel needles going in every time :)

Good luck....I be thinking of you esp you hope!  :) xxx

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #165 on: 11/09/15, 19:34 »
    Hey hope,  hope both of yr scan went well and that follicles are growing nice. When are you flying out? X

Offline hope39

modify
    ...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....
    « Reply #166 on: 13/09/15, 07:35 »
    Hello Shamrock
    Things not progressing  as well as they should.
    I had 3 small follicles on Wed, 5 on Friday but not the right size and I have another one tomorrow  x
    I expect to trigger tomorrow and fly out fir Wednesday x
    I got an email from erika to say to take orgulatron at specific times changing to 12.00 today, I've emailed her as I haven't been prescribed  that so don't know what she means x funny enough  I haven't had a response x
    If I have ec on Wednesday it's day 14 xxx
    What day was your ec Shamrock  xxx
    Thanks
    Amanda xx

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #167 on: 13/09/15, 16:32 »
    Gosh amanda that has happen to me on my first treatment, I had no follicles growing on 1st scan and on second scan i only had 2 follicles so I ended up having 2 more scans and carry on taking same dosage of gonal f order to get them grow then eventually I had 5 not awful lot I was just very slow responding these drugs, i can imagine youre stressing out at the min. Keep yr belly warm if you can with hot water bottle. Xx
    For my ec I went in on monday morning and had et on friday, was suppose to go in on sat but was told to come in early cos the embyro was in early stage of blastocyst xx

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #168 on: 13/09/15, 21:38 »
    Thanks Shamrock
    I thought you had same problems x I've got a lovely hot water bottle and hope that they have grown tomorrow  x
    I'm hoping that they do ec on Wednesday xx
    Speak soon
    AMANDA  XX

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #169 on: 14/09/15, 16:25 »
    Good luck hope for your ec, you'll be well looked after :) xx
    Looking forward to hear your reports and im here anytime if you needed to chat
    Have blast time in prague and make sure yr hubby carries all the luggage for you on yr way home! Lol
    Xx