* Author Topic: ...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....  (Read 62949 times)

0 Members

Offline Knockers71

modify
...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....
« Reply #190 on: 29/09/15, 17:14 »
Hi everyone, I'm so sorry Hope xxx this is such a painful journey xx

Thanks for all the info shamrock gal, as you can see I'm new to all this! I think we're planning for end of November/ beginning dec with me going out by myself at first then my husband and 8 year old joining me in the middle , then me staying on my own again while the embryo (s) develops. Not looking forward to being out there on my own but we can't pull our son out of school for 2 weeks.

Thanks girls xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #191 on: 29/09/15, 20:44 »
    Im so sorry to hear this hope, sending huge  ^hugme^, thinking of you and yr partner, such a cruel processed to go through :( xx

Sounds like a great plan knockers, good luck with it, wont be long till its round the corner. Fire away if uve any queries I be happy to help in any way.  Its pretty daunting for sure, at least you'll get free taxi ride with your co-ordinator so you wont be travelling on your own, you'll be in safe hands :) are you hoping to stay at apartment/hotel? 

Offline Knockers71

modify
    « Reply #192 on: 30/09/15, 09:27 »
    Thanks Shamrock I'm off for my AMH test today at a private clinic, it's the only one the NHS can't do for me.
    Not sure about the apartment/ hotel thing, I guess I need to think where I'll be most comfortable on my own. As long as I have tv and wifi I should be ok! What do you recommend?
    Nicola x

Offline Knockers71

modify
    « Reply #193 on: 2/10/15, 20:50 »
    Got my AMH result back today- 0.8. Does that mean it's the end of the road for me? My fsh was normal- 10. I've been in bits today.

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #194 on: 3/10/15, 22:07 »
    Hi knockers im afraid I dont know much about amh, ive no idea what level it needs to be. Though I really think you shd look into forums and see what women have written about and how to improve it. Im sorry to hear this really hope you get something out of it
    Its best to stay apartment/hotel in central rather than near clinic cos it is on dual carriageway with no shops or restaurants nearby. Thered different zone area that you can stay...We stayed in praga 2. Praga 1 is most expensive place to stay so need to look around and find good deals on booking.com where you can cancel it anytime without any charge.
    If your planning to stay longer I recommend booking apartment....it gives you more freedom, more choices to walk around. My hubby caught a bug while we were in middle of treatment so I went off on my own getting on trams/metro and head out shopping! I had great time bought loads of stuff lol. You'll be fine prague is huge city with lots of people around and full of tourist
    X

Offline Knockers71

modify
    « Reply #195 on: 4/10/15, 13:24 »
    Thanks Shamrock, I had a pm from another lady and she reassured me as my other tests results are ok. I was just beginning to give up on the idea as I've had a rough weekend.
    I was looking into airbnb apartments , there are some lovely ones on there.

Thanks, nicola

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #196 on: 4/10/15, 21:29 »
    Im glad to hear someone has pm to reassure you. Can it be tuned in, I mean doc giving you any tablets to bring it down to whatever the level it suppose to be at? Sorry I couldn't help you there! I can understand how devastating it was when you hear results.  I was completely floored when my fertility doc told me that hubby has got antibodies and the chances of becoming pregnant was very slim via icsi. Shows how wrong they can be!
    Have fun browsing around beautiful accommodation :)
    Xx

Offline Knockers71

modify
    « Reply #197 on: 6/10/15, 09:15 »
    Hi shamrock I think the AMH levels remains pretty static as its indication of ovarian reserve. I have read a bit about improving it thru taking DHEA and other supplements, and maybe acupuncture. But what will be a real indication of how I'll respond to IVF stimulation is the follicle count. Gynem have booked me in for a Skype appointment so they don't seem worried by the level. Some IVF clinics have a cut off for the level, especially NHS ones. I might be a candidate for aggressive stimulation apparently, whatever that means! Xx

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #198 on: 14/10/15, 21:07 »
    Hi knockers
    If it was me, I try anything to improve the chances with likes of supplements,  cut down sugary food, eat lots of antioxidants.  I tried acupuncture in my first treatment and she used needles targeting the area to increase the blood flow - one on top my head, two in each leg and feet and I think she put some on my upper arm. Unfortunately it didnt work at that time but I found it very relaxing and has calming effect on me, doesnt hurt whatsoever. One thing that has helped me i suffer severe migraine and after couple of sessions it completely went away so I was relief.

One thing though stay away from chinese herbs, kept hearing so many bad things about it.

Gynem's doctors are pretty laid back which means they're more open and explain it to you,  so unlike nhs here when they dont tell you anything and having to find everything on internet!  If you think you may have aggressive stimulation, speak to yr doc on skype and he'll able to tell you hopefully :) when have they booked you in?
    Xx

Offline Knockers71

modify
    « Reply #199 on: 15/10/15, 10:48 »
    Hi Shamrock, I've just had my Skype appointment with Dr Vicek, he's really nice and friendly. He told me its a low chance of conceiving with my own eggs and recommended donor eggs but we really want to try my own just the once, to give my body a chance. He said they would have to use very strong meds and for a long time. He also recommended we go in January as he wants me to take DHEA for 2 months. I'm not sure about this as I wanted to do it in November / dec. I start the GCSE syllabus with my year 11 student in January and there are no other teachers who can teach him GCSE where I work. Lots to think about!

I was thinking of going to acupuncture as I used to see a great lady who is a fertility expert. Ooh I'm all confused now. Nicola xx