* Author Topic: ...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....  (Read 63142 times)

0 Members

Offline sumpy

modify
...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....
« Reply #260 on: 10/03/16, 11:26 »
Hi everyone

Amanda I hope your skype goes well with Dr next week x

I'm devastated and broken following my last cycle, and  I am hoping someone maybe able to help with my current situation?

My last fresh cycle in Prague was a success until they diagnosed my embryo's as not suitable to transfer (PGS results). With this being the 2nd time of testing with negative results, plus two miscarriages and at an age of 42, I have concluded I and my husband are simply not able to produce a child ourselves. And yes we have done all the right things; months off alcohol, caffeine, reasonable food, taken all the vitamins etc etc. Has anyone considers donor eggs abroad and weighed up the pro's con's and has advise for other factors to consider / be aware of? I am totally torn and struggling to come to a decision with the option far from what I planned, but which I view is the only one. Adoption or giving up, and doing another round of IVF at the expense of my health (physically / emotionally) don't seem feasible at all.  Please can anyone help?

Thanks

Sumpy

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #261 on: 17/03/16, 09:29 »
    Sumpy  ^hugme^

It's a bit quiet in here & I couldn't not post. For me DE was the solution. When told I was too old for OE, & donor was our only option it came as a shock. We talked about it at length & after realising that we would consider adoption to have a baby, DE actually seemed like a better option. I would get to grow the baby, shape it (look at epigenetics), feel it kick, give birth to it & feed it. It was a no-brainer  :) and I can honestly say, that given my time again & the chance to use my own eggs, I wouldn't as it would mean that I wouldn't have my two LOs that I honestly couldn't love any more.
    Why not check out the Donor Conception & Donor Eggs boards
    https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=64.0
    https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=551.0

Bundles x

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #262 on: 25/03/16, 19:00 »
    sorry for not updating Sooner xx
    The consultation was a let down x firstly started talking about next cycle x when I said a few times it had already been done and failed x
    We talked about failure and couldn't say why failed only reasoning is my age x
    Advised I could try again up to 43 whilst producing eggs but only 3%  chance x
    we now aso considering donor egg just hard to come to terms withxxxx

Offline Lesley67

• DE reprofit
    modify
    « Reply #263 on: 3/04/16, 13:25 »
    ive had to jump on board after reading everyones stories. we went with gynem at the start of our ivf process. 1st transfer was fresh with donor eggs and ended up very poor quality embryos BFN. 2nd transfer was fresh with double donor which we had a few good to transfer, we transferred 2 BFP saw heartbeat at 6 weeks but at 12 week scan baby had absorbd. 3rd transfer BFN. for the 4th and final transfer here we asked for something different, different meds, different protocol just something,anything. communication was disgraceful, they didn't want to know saying they had done everything for us, we had no replys to emails, I was discusted as wed been using this clinic for year and half. im so grateful we changed clinic cus low and behold we got our BFP and am now currently 36 weeks pregnant

Offline Happyblessed

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #264 on: 23/04/16, 01:57 »
    Good morning all

Just new to the forum! so please I found this website. Very many positive feedback. We decided to start our journey yesterday and start looking for IVF with ICSI treatment in Prague. We are opting to use Gynem due to their prices and people's feedback.

I am 39 years old and husband 46 years old.

We are still getting our heads around the whole process and understanding it. Trying to make sense of everything.

I will highly appreciate if anyone could recommend where we can undertake private fertility medical tests as majority of our tests were done on the NHS fertility clinic.

As a newbie what advise,pointers and direction can you offer. This will forever be appreciated.

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #265 on: 30/05/16, 14:02 »
    Hello

I am interested in using Gynem. If I had baseline tests and scans here how long would I need to spend in Prague approximately?  Looking for the minimum stay.

Can you get baseline tests and scans all on the NHS?  As the scans need to be on certain days are there clinics you can pay to have this done at in the UK, rather than extending   stay in prague? How recent do your test results need to be?

Factoring everything in for ivf with icsi fresh cycle, accommodation and flights does it still works out considerably cheaper to have treatment in Prague?

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #266 on: 2/06/16, 21:46 »
    Hi ladies

From statistics on fet oe for icsi this clinic has a high success rate and offer pics and embryos cope so I'm really interested too. Klara, who I have been corresponding with haa got back to me daily and communication has been greathe.  However this clinic is relatively unheard of on these boards in comparison to gennet in Prague and reprofit in brno. My first gut feeling was to go for reprofit but they have a bmi limit of 31 which is strange when it's 35 in the UK and mine will be 35. Also brno not a direct journey for us. I'm between gennet and gynem and feeling stuck! More on forums about gennet, yet I have liked gynems quick thorugh replies and success ratea. Help!

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #267 on: 10/06/16, 21:46 »
    Hi hle, basically I think you should go with your gut instinct.  For me I picked gygem purely because they have high success rate for ivf/icsi and as well as more choices ie reprofit doesnt dosent do embroyscope where as gygem does.  I think the clinic is so unheard off cos they just open the clinic few years ago and the building is built sorely for ivf clinic. Gennet would have been my second choice but the waiting list was absolutely ridiculous like you have to wait nearly a year before  you actually start the treatment! Mad.
    I went with gygem last year and I got pregnant by them and I've 31/2 months baby girl sleeping upstairs and shes abs dote! I don't have any bad experience there, they were just doing their job what they suppose to do. I just one of the lucky ones that has no plms even though some aren't so lucky like really terrible Co ordinator which can cause whole problem in first place.
    Wish you all best of luck with whatever the decision you make 😃
    X

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #268 on: 12/06/16, 06:14 »
    Thank you. Gennet are telling me there is not.waiting list for own egg, so that's my other choice. Would you have chosen gennet over gynem?

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #269 on: 21/06/16, 22:27 »
    Wow that is great news to hear that happy days. I would have went with them if the waiting list weren't so long
    X