* Author Topic: ...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....  (Read 68078 times)

0 Members

Offline Knockers71

modify
...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....
« Reply #320 on: 1/11/16, 21:43 »
Hi I'm going to be in Prague on my own from Sunday 6th until Thursday 10th if anyone is around at the same time!
Nicola x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Knockers71

modify
    « Reply #321 on: 5/11/16, 10:04 »
    Anyone in Prague st the moment?

Offline Knockers71

modify
    « Reply #322 on: 8/11/16, 09:49 »
    Hello everyone, jules2000 any news?
    Dwighty45 how's it going?
    Hello twinkle toes!
    I'm currently in a hotel room in Prague, on day 3 of embryo development and I have 3 grade 1 developing.
    I just wanted to say I can't fault Gynem at all, they've been great so far. It's been more expensive than I thought, due to the rubbish exchange rate, grrr.

Nicola x

Offline IVFer2000

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #323 on: 10/11/16, 13:34 »
    So now our cycle is over (BFN) from our trip to Gynem, I thought maybe it would help to give an update on our experience?

We found the booking and communication (we had Richard) really good and pretty quick. Arriving in Prague was a bit daunting but that would be the same anywhere. The clinic was easy to get to on the trams or by Ubers and everyone seemed friendly. Some of the nurses didn't speak english though they did efficiently get on with things but it meant I couldn't ask them questions. Also the Dr spoke english but a couple of times I asked questions (like what time I should take meds as they had just said 3 times a day) and he didn't understand me. The co-ordinator did speak english though.
    I would have used them again in future expect for one problem. When we went for the scan of my lining on the donors egg retrieval day, they said it looked like I already had an early pregnancy there and that I needed to have a blood test and the results would be in a few hours. Now telling someone who has thought they could never be pregnant naturally, they could be pregnant is a huge thing and shouldn't be done lightly. I was sent home and told they would email me the results after lunch. Well by the evening I was still chasing our co-ordinator who then said the results would be in next day (saturday). By saturday afternoon I still hadn't heard anything so chased him when he said they wouldn't be ready until Monday. I sent quite an emotional and worried email back (as no one had explained what this black thing on my scan could be if I wasn't pregnant) and suddenly he had the result for me saying it was negative. I asked what it could be then and he said we would have to wait for the Dr Monday. I was beside myself with worry thinking it could be something awful or that it could stop the cycle going ahead. They didn't have a Dr on call to talk to which in a situation like this I think they should. On the Monday I had an email update on our embryos but no mention of anything else. I asked if I should come back in for a scan and was told the Dr said it was "probably a blood clot" and not to worry. I asked for a copy of the scan for a second opinion which I got late afternoon after chasing, and luckily I have a family member who could look at it for me. They said it didn't look like an early pregnancy sack at all (the scan picture they sent didn't look like what I had seen on the screen either) and was probably fluid outside the womb but not a concern. That it didn't look like a blood clot in the womb at all.

We did go ahead with the transfer and had 2 embryos. None left for freezing as the donor only made 10 healthy eggs at the start and only 2 were suitable by the end. I found the embryologist really nice. I had a different Dr for the transfer than the scans and she found it really difficult to get the embryos in. Took for ever and was very painful compared to previous cycles. We were hopeful as they were high grade but unfortunately its a BFN.

Anyway if the scan issue hadn't happened I probably would go back but it just left me worrying what if it had been something more serious? And made me feel like they just say anything to get you through to the end and paying?

Hope this is helpful as I am always looking for honest reviews before choosing a clinic. Like I say if everything had gone smoothly we probably would have been happy but just make sure you have insurance in case anything goes wrong as I'm not sure the clinic are too equipped for that

Offline Autumnsoon

• Un-Ranked
    • Sibling for our little girl...?
    modify
    « Reply #324 on: 18/11/16, 20:05 »
    I just wanted to tell you how my Gynem experience
    went 😊 I flew down from Bergen, Norway sunday
    oct 30. Was meet at the airport by a driver arranged
    through Gynem. He drove me to my hotel. I had
    a small walk out in the street that evening but have
    to admit that I felt a bit down and alone that sunday.
    Luckily I was onely there for 1 night and had the
    transfer monday 31. Gynem arranged with a taxi
    to the clinic and also from the clinic to the airport.
    These first taxi was free the other I payed for myselfe. Petra my coordinator took care of me all the way
    and meet be in the reseption. She took time to calm me down and made me relax. I showed her
    pictures of my two year old daughter and focused on my family. I had a lovely chat with the embryologist who talked  me through the prosess. It was acually pretty spesial. I have not been used to som much info and easy explained
    info like that. I asked to have embryo glue. I could
    have that if I wanted but he would rather do an assisted hatching. I agreed on that and was also told both embryos survieved defrosting and was 5AA and 4AA. I had an easy
    transfer and was given a piece of papers with picture of my
    blasts  (soon to be babies) After transfer I relaxed in the recovey bed next to a lovely american Lady.  We had a lovely long talk and are now staying in touch since we both got a POSITIVE TEST 😁 It is hard to belive but I am now
    pregnant. Hcg 429 on 10 days past transfer  and 2480 on 15 days past transfer. I hope this will last long and give me and my husband and summerbaby 😁

Offline taratuesday

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #325 on: 20/11/16, 23:31 »
    First timer going straight from Canada to Gynem in Czech Republic for FET using donor embryos on Tuesday for ET on Thursday. Currently on 9mgs of estrofem/day 5mg of prednisone/day aspirin, Utrogestan 600mg taken vaginally/ per day. My lining last I checked was 6.2 mm on Cd 8 so hopefully I'll be fine for the ET.
    Anyone else going to be in Prague this week ( November 22-27 2016) feel free to message me.

Offline Mimi1010

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #326 on: 21/11/16, 01:21 »
    Autumsom, Congratulations. Why did your doctor/embryologist preferred to do assisted hatching instead of embryo glue? are they mutually exclusive? Were you on prednisone from the start of your cycle? Will you continue on it until week 12?  Who was your doctor and embryologist? Was your transfer done on day 18, 19, 20 or 21?

Offline Autumnsoon

• Un-Ranked
    • Sibling for our little girl...?
    modify
    « Reply #327 on: 22/11/16, 14:48 »
    Dear Mimi1010. I will try to answer all your questions 😊
    I dont remember the name of the doctor or embryologen but they did an exelent jobb. The embryologist said straight out that embryo glue was more a mental things than anything Else.  That was hos opinion but I could have it if I wanted. He said that through the assisted hatching prosess  the embryo itselfe became so sticky that it easily sticky to the uterus. Yes I had prednisolon from a few days before transfer but halfed the dose after transfer and will use it until week 12. Same with estrogen patches and progesterone pills (utrogestan)

Offline Mimi1010

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #328 on: 23/11/16, 19:20 »
    Hi, just trying to find out for those of you who did frozen embryo transfer if you took prednisone and how many days before the transfer? 5mg? And after the transfer?

Offline taratuesday

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #329 on: 23/11/16, 21:13 »
    I'm on prednisone 5mg every morning since day 2 of MC. I'm about to have my first ever IVF on Friday at Gynem. Omg you guys I'm coming from Canada and I'm almost at the very edge of a nervous breakdown. My FET was scheduled for Thursday 24 when at the ticket wicket for my flight they noticed that my passport wasn't exactly 3 months from expiring. In tears, spent big money renewing my passport 24 hour turn around and booking a new flight and cancelling old flight. Wake up this morning and!!! new flight airline is on STRIKE!  Procedure postponed to Friday I bought another (3rd) $ ticket to Prague and am currently in the airport bubbling with anxiety. Sorry to go on a tangent but you guys are the only ones that understand how the timing is so crucial- nerve wracked