* Author Topic: ...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....  (Read 68070 times)

0 Members

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
modify
...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....
« Reply #330 on: 15/08/17, 14:47 »
Hi Ladies

Is anyone currently cycling at Gynem?  Think we have decided to go with them and want to do DE in Nov / Dec.  Just wondered if anyone had any current experience.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline taratuesday

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #331 on: 15/08/17, 14:57 »
    Hi! I'm due today actually and did ED with Gynem Nov 2016  so I highly recommend obviously. It was my first time doing Ivf , j didn't have the luxury to waste much time or money on anything except the highest odds. Good luck and feel free to ask any questions.
    Tara
    Canada

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #332 on: 15/08/17, 15:08 »
    Hi Tara - wow congratulations!!

I've been doing lots of research and have had Skype consultations with Prague Fertility centre / Gynem and Gennet.  Gynem just seemed to feel right, we had a positive feeling about them and I think I prefer that they are a smaller clinic. 

I also don't have time to waste so the fact they don't have waiting lists appeals to me and they seem to be the best costs wise.

So I'm literally about to e-mail Richard our coordinator now to let him know that we want to go ahead.  I guess what would be good to know from you is:

How long did the process take from confirming with them you want to use them to ET?
    Did you have one or two put back?
    Have you any frozen embryos left?
    What supplements etc did you take leading up to it?

Hope you don't mind me asking all these questions!

Offline taratuesday

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #333 on: 15/08/17, 15:45 »
    So it took a bit longer for me from first consult to actual procedure because here in Canada we can't the drugs mailed. So i was waiting quite awhile for the drugs before I realized they weren't coming. They needed some blood work and tests sent over. Then I flew to Prague to grab the drugs. Also I did full donor embryo because I'm on a tight budget and am now 42. So It's slightly different if you are using donor egg only. I just feel like Gynem is super professional and smart and motivated to be the best.
    You can feel free to ask any questions! I can't recommend the whole thing enough because it's
    Made my dreams of motherhood come true. The stressful thing for me was the flights and timing. Lufthansa was on strike and it was a real mess trying to get there on time I barely made it! But that's just from coming from canada nothing to do with Gynem.
    Tara

Offline KarenS2017

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #334 on: 29/08/17, 23:24 »
    Congratulations Tara!!
    I imagine that you are likely very busy right now with your new baby but if you do happen to check this forum I would be very happy to hear from you!
    My husband and I are also from Canada and are scheduled to go to Gynem for IVF using DE on Oct 9th. The past 4 yrs have been very difficult with multiple failed treatments here in Canada and 3 miscarriages. I am now 41yrs old and hopeful that this treatment will be successful so that we can finally start our family.
    Which coordinator did you work with and how did you find them? Did you decide to stay in one of their appointments? Did you decide to transfer 1 or 2 embryos? Any other tips or advice (things you wish you had known before the trip)?
    Sorry to bombard a new mommy with so many questions.

Miss sd, I am happy to share my experience with you once I'm back. Too bad you're not going in Oct because it would be nice to connect.

Karen

Offline taratuesday

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #335 on: 31/08/17, 02:07 »
    First off sorry for your multiple losses, I know the heartache of child loss and the pain of not knowing if you'll ever be a mom.
    I didn't use a coordinator I just dealt with Gynem clinic directly and the woman who was On my case was Klara. I totally didn't know what I was doing I had never even been on the pill before. I expect it will be even easier for you as this is not your first rodeo.
    I am 42 now and someways same age when I got the transfer.'difference being I did full donor  embryo transfer. So it's not bio me or my guy. I think the younger eggs really help the odds. I transferred 2 embryos and was honestly a bit disappointed when I heard I was preg with only one.!Now that I'm trying to nurse my baby girl now and haven't slept in a week I can't imagine having twins.
    The first time, to pick up the meds, I stayed at one of their apts, the trip for the transfer I found my own lodging. I can't remember what it was called now but let me know if you want the name.feel free to AMA
    Tara

Offline mari77

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #336 on: 5/09/17, 11:30 »
    Hi Ladies

I am new to this site and was wondered if anyone else is doing a DE IVF cycle at Gynem this month so we can compare experiences and hopefully successes  ;D?  I am quite nervous but excited at the same time.  ;D This will be my 3rd round of IVF but my first using a donor egg.  I've been on a 3 month down reg and feel good to go now!!

I've flown out already and had my first consultation and tests so I have some knowledge of the clinic if anyone wants to ask me anything feel free.  I wanted to get a feel of the place and found it to be very clean, modern and professional. My coordinator Klara is lovely and put me and my husband at ease.

I've booked an apartment with Air BnB which I found to be so much more cost effective than hotels and that way we can do our own food, washing etc. I'm planning on getting about by tram metro and Uber so shouldn't be too stressful I hope  ::)

I also got my pre medication from www.fertility4u.com if any of you are wondering where you can use a foreign prescription they were professional and prompt with no problems.

Anyway I hope there are some lovely ladies out there in the same boat as me, I would love to hear from you and your experiences and maybe any tips xx

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #337 on: 14/09/17, 21:36 »
    Hi ladles, its been a while i was forum and only just log on to see whats been happening with everyone.  congratulations on becoming mum tara! i got pregnant from gygem, like you they offered to put two embyros inside me and successfully became pregnant. I previously had treatment back home which unfortunately didnt work so this was my second treatment.

I recommended to use their clinic and i had richard who is my co ordinator who has been abs brillant. He booked the taxi there and back for us so we didnt have to rely on alternative transport. I found the clinic very very clean and tidy. My daughter is coming up to 19 months so im trying to get back to exercise and eat healthy again as we wld love to have another sibling.

Gygem is holding our two frozen so right now i feel like ive completely forgot how treatment works. I guess i better look into how frozen embyros works
    Tara how are you coping with newborn baby? I found first few months really tough having to deal with lack of sleep, colic, and huge amount of visitors that came on visiting! Lol
    Lou xx

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #338 on: 14/09/17, 21:42 »
    Hiya mari77, just wondering where abouts in prague you guys stayed by Air BnB? We stayed at a hotel last time, booked through booking.com where  we can cancel the rooms anytime i found it really useful as i ended up having to stay prague for two weeks!! It was worth it at the end lol. Pls feel free if you have any queries 😄
    Lou xx

Offline mari77

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #339 on: 15/09/17, 08:44 »
    Hi Shamrock

I'm staying there next week! so I'm very nervous but excited at the moment.  The apartment is right near Prague castle so near the old town and tourist attractions but yet out of town so you get the best of both worlds I hope.  The apartment I chose had a 24 hour cancellation policy so will be east to swap and change, I've booked it for a week at first but could be staying for 10 days they said.  Its so encouraging to hear you got your miracle baby from Gynem  :) If you don't mind me asking was it from Donor IVF like me or your own egg?  I'm going to try ubers whilst I'm out there for longer taxi rides or get the clinic to book for me so hopefully I wont be trying to navigate the metro again  :-\ It's so nice speaking to people who have been there and been successful hopefully I'll be telling my success story soon too!  ;D ^reiki^