* Author Topic: ...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....  (Read 68075 times)

0 Members

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
modify
...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....
« Reply #340 on: 15/09/17, 12:37 »
Hi ladies me again.  We have now secured a donor  woo hoo!!  Mega excited.   All being well and my period arrives in time, i shoyld be there mid nov for transfer.  But we know what IVF is like - im sure something will crop up to delay it!   Cant believe this might be happening in 8 weeks. Richard is our coordinator and he has been great.  I am literally bombarding him with questions 😂. Bet he is regretting takung us on lol.   

Ive lost 3 stone this year so next 8 weeks will be about continuing with that, trying ti eat as many good foods as possible with minimum / no alcohol.  Will cut down on caffeine too

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline KarenS2017

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #341 on: 17/09/17, 20:28 »
    Hi everyone!

We are planning to go to Gynem for our IVF with DE Oct 9th. Like you mari77 this is our 3rd IVF but first with DE. Too bad I will just miss you but I'm sending you positive vibes!

I find it so stressful to book time off work, flights and accommodations when everything depends on the timing of my period. I will finish my BC Sept 24th with the hope that my period will arrive Sept 27th-28th. Mari77 did your period arrive when expected (3 days after stopping BC)?

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #342 on: 22/09/17, 21:40 »
    Hiya there, ah yes i kinda know where youre staying, although i ve forgotten the number of area your in. We were at prague 2. Theres massive shopping centre in where yr staying, i thought i was in heaven bought loads!  You guys shoukdnt have any plms with taxi as theres loads out there. Although bear in mind just seen on the news uber have lost the licence so dont know of its relevant for prague area. Ive used my own egg, icsi along with psci. Paid extra for that so its worth it i think!  I found the experience so calm and no stressed (unlike my first one) its so different from back home but certainly didnt put us off and keep open mind helps! People are so friendly.  You'll find there's plenty of things to do while you wait 😆
    All the best!
    Lou

Offline mari77

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #343 on: 4/10/17, 08:39 »
    Hi Ladies....So we did it! Manage to transfer 2 grade 1 blasts  ;D I ended up having to stay for 8 days in total so not too bad luckily our apartment was available for an extra night so not too much hassle and we booked return flights whilst out there (A little stressful for me as I like to have plans in place) lol we also have 2 frosties too which is reassuring.  The clinic was helpful and professional and Prague was a beautiful city to visit for sightseeing and relaxing i really enjoyed my time there.  So I'm now one week into the dreaded 2ww and its as agonising as I remember!  So far I've had cramps sore boobs extreme thirst tiredness and constipation (sorry tmi) but obviously all these could be from the progesterone pesseries.  I'm praying hard for my BFP  ^reiki^ I wish you all the luck in the world Karen2017 and miss sd

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #344 on: 16/10/17, 19:21 »
    Hows it going karen - were you there last week?

Congrats mari - hoping things have worked for you?

Our first donor pulled out...then so did the second..we are now on our third and if nothing else goes wrong ill be going there on 5th nov x

Offline mari77

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #345 on: 17/10/17, 14:32 »
    Hi miss sd Yes it worked and I'm pregnant !! got my Beta HGC blood test tomorrow I'm on tender hooks as I just want this early stage to be over and for me to stay pregnant  ^reiki^ good luck with your visit let me know if there is anything you need to know...

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #346 on: 17/10/17, 19:01 »
    Hi Mari fantastic!! Thats brilliant news!

Well we got an email today to say our third donor has pulled out as she is pregnant!

So we are now on our fourth and plan to go over on 15th november.  Im finding it all quite stressful tbh!

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #347 on: 2/11/17, 18:29 »
    Hows everyone getting on? Anyone else cycling at gynem atm? Im due to go over there 14th november x

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #348 on: 3/11/17, 18:33 »
    Hi ladies

Hope you don't mind me jumping on board.

I'm just about to do my third donor fet with Gennett but found it hard to decide between Gennett and Gynem. I have been Happy with my choice, but if this cycle doesn't work then I may well look to change. Would you recommend Gynem? What is communication like and how are the Drs and co ordinators? Any negatives?

Thanks

Offline KarenS2017

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #349 on: 4/11/17, 21:37 »
    Hi everyone,

We returned from our trip to Prague on Oct 19th. The DE cycle went well and we ended up with 3 good quality blastocysts (2 x 4aa and 1 x 4ab). After much research and discussion we decided to only transfer 1 blast as we are trying to avoid twins. In hindsight perhaps we should have transferred 2 as we ended up with a BFN. Keep in mind that we did not do PGS so it is possible that this blast was not chromosomaly normal but even if it was I suppose these things are never 100%. This was of course very upsetting news for us but at least we have 2 frozen embies left. Looking at returning to Prague for late Dec or Jan.

Overall we were very happy with the clinic and really enjoyed our time in Prague. Even with the long flight from Canada I found this process so much less stressful than going to our clinic here. It's just unfortunate that we didn't get our happy ending yet.

Congratulations miss sd and good luck to you mari!!

Karen