* Author Topic: ...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....  (Read 68082 times)

0 Members

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
modify
...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....
« Reply #350 on: 5/11/17, 18:21 »
Sorry to hear that karen.  Glad you have some frozen ones though.

Im due to go over there a week Tuesday.  Like you, if we are lucky enough to get more rhan one embryo we will only transfer one - i just couldn't cope with twins.

We are seeing this as a practice run...i think thats a way of protecting ourselves if it doesnt work.   If it does  fantastic but if not we will be back in prague around feb time.

Good luck for your frozen transfer x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline KarenS2017

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #351 on: 5/11/17, 18:45 »
    Thank you for your response miss sd. All the best with your trip and cycle this month! I just realized that I meant to wish you good luck and mari congrats with my last message but I mixed it up. That being said I hope to be wishing you congrats soon as well  :)

All the best and safe travels! Let us know how it goes.

Karen

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #352 on: 5/11/17, 20:01 »
    Thanks karen...no worries i know what you meant !

Fingers crossed it works for both of us at some point over the next few months  x

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #353 on: 20/11/17, 09:36 »
    Is anyone else cyclingat gynem at the moment? I have my ET tomorrow

Offline Lily3

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #354 on: 24/01/18, 00:53 »
    Hi, just found this thread and wondering is anyone out there thinking about Gynem atm?

Offline KarenS2017

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #355 on: 24/01/18, 02:34 »
    Hi Lily3,

I am returning to Gynem to transfer my 2 frozen embies on Jan 29th. We were there in Oct for a fresh transfer using donor eggs but unfortunately it did not stick. We have been happy with the clinic so far.

Karen

Offline Lily3

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #356 on: 24/01/18, 08:38 »
    Ah  Iím glad to hear you were happy with clinic Karen, please god get will work for you, was that your first attempt? Iím 95% sure we are going with Gynem for our 3rd attempt. First failed and second worked but had early Mc at Christmas. Did you get scans done at home or over there? Iím from Northern Ireland and not sure where would scans at home or if that would work but donít want to be away too long either

Offline KarenS2017

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #357 on: 24/01/18, 23:32 »
    I am very sorry to hear about you MC. I know all too well how devastating that is. This is our 3rd attempt with IVF but first at Gynem and our first using donor eggs. My husband and I are from Canada and we travelled to Prague in Oct. We transferred one 4AA embryo but unfortunately it did not implant for whatever reason. My lining was fine but its still a 50% chance even when things are going well. We decided to stay for 10 days and make a vacation out of it but we didnt need to stay that long. You should be able to have your scan and blood work (if needed) at home but Im not sure about the protocol for regular IVF. Just for DE IVF.
    Hope this was helpful.

Karen

Offline Lily3

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #358 on: 25/01/18, 05:31 »
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is De ivf? We will be doing ICSI as we have male factor issues, so def want to look into IMCI/PICSI, not sure which is best. Can I ask did you stay in Central Prague? Did you stay in hotel or apartment? And does clinic just collect you for 1 appointment? Itís such a long trip for Yous from Canada!!

Offline KarenS2017

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #359 on: 26/01/18, 04:57 »
    DE is short for donor eggs. This is a little different because I did not need to take stimulation medications or have as many ultrasounds. All of the information about the procedure and visits is on the Gynem website. We stayed at an Air B&B near Old Town. It was only a 15 minute uber ride to the clinic.
    Yes it is a pretty long trip from Canada. I have packed my bags and Im leaving tomorrow night. Will be in Prague by Sat morning!
    Karen