* Author Topic: ...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....  (Read 68074 times)

0 Members

Offline Staying hopeful

modify
...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....
« Reply #360 on: 26/01/18, 23:25 »
Hello, good luck to all the ladies currently cycling at Gynem  ^reiki^

I went to Reprofit last June for donor embryo treatment and it was successful but I mc at 8 weeks :'( we were all set to try again a at Reprofit but they have been unable to find us an embryo and I'm meant to travel in 5 weeks... the communication has been bad and I have started looking at other clinics. I was just wondering if any ladies have had donor embryo treatment at Gynem? And could tell me a little more about them?

Thanks ladies!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #361 on: 28/01/18, 17:33 »
    Karen best of luck with your transfer!

I did a donor egg cycle at Gynem in November and currently 12 weeks and 3 days pregnant with two in the freezer.  Still scared every day that it will go wrong but i guess that's normal.

We also stayed in an air b and b in the old town.  The castle is a must see (better in evening )

I thought the clinic was good and would recommend.  I also have friends that cycled at gennet and reprofit and they were equally as pleased but we chose gynem because there wasnt a waiting list and was easier for us to fly to.

Offline MsUK

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #362 on: 11/02/18, 22:07 »
    Hi everyone

We have been looking at different clinics abroad and narrowed it down to the Czech Rep, then Prague and then again, Gynem, Unica and Cube. We have a good feeling about Gynem and want to go ahead with them ASAP. At first I wanted to do mandatory tests in UK, but after getting the priceliste from the fertility clinic here, it's actually not going to cost us much more to fly to Prague and get the tests done there. Then we'll get to know the clinic and the staff, and my partner can deliver his "bits". Anyone else done it the same way? Anyone else just decided on Gynem or doing treatment there at the moment? I would like to hear your experience :)

Our story: TTC November 2012, 1. IVF June 2014 (neg), FET September 2014: Our beautiful boy was born June 2015
    Trying for a sibling: 5 IVFs between November 2016 - November 2017: all BFN. Low egg reserve and poor responder (Me 36, hubby 41)
    ED next!

Offline Lily3

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #363 on: 11/02/18, 22:28 »
    Hi Msuk, my hubby I have decided to go with Gynem, like yourself , after researching just got a good feeling for it, we are in middle of gettkng our tests redone, I hope to start April, March coming a bit close now but keen to get started ASAP. Seeing from your story you are no stranger to this process, hope to god this works for you, must have been so draining going through it so many times, have you ever been abroad to do it? Iím hoping will be third time lucky for us!

Offline MsUK

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #364 on: 13/02/18, 21:55 »
    Hi Lily3
    We've just recently moved to UK, so all previous treatments are completed in our home country. ED is illegal at home, so we would have to go abroad for further treatment anyway. The waiting times for ED in UK is too long for my patience, and I believe going to Prague is more cost effective for us as well. I'm trying to organise travel to Prague within the next couple of weeks, but it's difficult to find available appointments to match my partners work commitments...
    Is it your first treatment abroad?

Offline Lily3

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #365 on: 14/02/18, 00:03 »
    Yes this will be our first time going abroad, they are just way more advanced and I think I would always regret if I didnít try as they can do picsi and imsi that this not available in local clinic, trying to work out tho to be over there as little as possible, maybe just for one scan. I have a scheduled Skype call with them next week so hopefully after that we can get ball rolling. April is my aim

Offline Candy009

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #366 on: 20/02/18, 07:34 »
    Hi girls! I am new on this chat and hoping to try Gynem for the first time probably April or May. They asked me to send them the money before they can send me the protocol with the medication. Is that normal? Good luck to everyone and baby dust! xxx

Offline butterflyhannah

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #367 on: 20/02/18, 13:56 »
    Hi Candy009, we are just starting out and this is looking like our Clinic of choice, although my BMI is currently 36.8 and I have to get it down to 35 to start treatment. We have been TTC for 3 years and do not qualify for NHS treatment in the UK as DH has 15 year old from previous marriage. I am also hoping to start treatment in April/May if I can get the damn weight off! Have you had your initial consultation with them? Was it by Skype? It does say on the site that you have to pay the first sum (I think Ä1000) at this stage I guess before they give you the prescription. Good luck x

Offline Candy009

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #368 on: 20/02/18, 15:32 »
    Good luck with your weight loss :) xxx you can do it dear. Yes we had our initial consultation via Skype about 2 months ago. It was free of charge and lasted approximately 20 minutes. Ah ok, so it is a normal procedure that you pay before they send you the medication. I asked them to tell me at least what they are prescribing me in order to do some research but apparently according to their policy this cannot be done :(   

Offline Lily3

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #369 on: 20/02/18, 15:51 »
    I have my skype consultation tomorrow, I was hoping they would be able to tell me the protocol they would put me on  as Iíve already send over all my test results and notes. So what did your Skype consultation consist of? They have said by email that there is approx 12 of med before ec, seems very short! And that they start day 2 of cycles? My previous 2 were day 21, were you ladies told the same?