* Author Topic: ...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....  (Read 68079 times)

0 Members

Offline Candy009

• Un-Ranked
modify
...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....
« Reply #370 on: 21/02/18, 07:48 »
I was not told anything of the sort but no they won't give you the protocol via Skype :( They told me I have to send the 1000euro before they can do that. Infact I was a bit disappointed because I would like to know what I'll be going through beforehand even though they obviously know best. Dr Mrazek just discussed with us the fact that since I am going to be 40 very soon and that I had a miscarriage last year, they probably will do me a pgs. Apart from that we just discussed some technicalities, nothing related to medication. Is it your first time doing IVF?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lily3

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #371 on: 21/02/18, 08:45 »
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is a pgs? No this will be my 3rd time, first wasnít successful and second resulted in early miscarriage. Like yourself Iíd rather know but as you said, weíre just going to have to place trust in them that they know better than us. Wondered how people did pay the £1k? Do you pay over phone.then I assume rest can be settled over there.

Offline Candy009

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #372 on: 21/02/18, 10:50 »
    Apparently you send money via bank transfer. PGS is pre-implantation genetic screening, where they do a biopsy to the embryos in order to find out which are the best ones and which are best to discard. Personally it scares me a bit because I see it as a bit too invasive but we'll see.

Offline Lily3

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #373 on: 22/02/18, 12:08 »
    Had my Skype consultation yesterday, the doc was very helpful, she said she will prob keep me on same meds that I had previously so at least know that. So weíre going over in April, itís difficult to look at accomodation as donít know for certain what date will be travelling- canít book flights prob to last min either! Iím waiting on coordinator to come back to me, regarding next steps- doc has all notes and results that she needs so Iím guessing next step is to send over £ for meds. Anyone else have zita as their coordinator? Kind of excited now, looking forward to getting started!

Offline Candy009

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #374 on: 23/02/18, 10:27 »
    Our coordinator is Klara. Now I am excited too :).....Hoping the weather is not that crappy while we're there because that would make it even more stressful,

Offline esbe

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #375 on: 23/02/18, 20:15 »
    Sorry to hear that karen.  Glad you have some frozen ones though.

Im due to go over there a week Tuesday.  Like you, if we are lucky enough to get more rhan one embryo we will only transfer one - i just couldn't cope with twins.

We are seeing this as a practice run...i think thats a way of protecting ourselves if it doesnt work.   If it does  fantastic but if not we will be back in prague around feb time.

Good luck for your frozen transfer x
    Hi miss SD how did you get on..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline esbe

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #376 on: 23/02/18, 20:19 »
    Iíve just received my prescription from Gynem to start taking on March 2nd hopefully if af arrives when predicted!

Question is where are we getting the prescription cashed!!

Offline Lily3

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #377 on: 24/02/18, 00:14 »
    Hi save, just wondering if you were offered to be sent the medication and if so what made you choose prescription? Weíre starting in April and trying to get as much info gathered as possible!

Offline Candy009

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #378 on: 24/02/18, 14:34 »
    Esbe did they send you the prescription? Because they told me they cannot do that. I just have to send them the money and they send me the medication themselves. I really would like to know what their medication is all about.....this way I cannot do some research :(

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #379 on: 27/02/18, 22:32 »
    Sorry to hear that karen.  Glad you have some frozen ones though.

Im due to go over there a week Tuesday.  Like you, if we are lucky enough to get more rhan one embryo we will only transfer one - i just couldn't cope with twins.

We are seeing this as a practice run...i think thats a way of protecting ourselves if it doesnt work.   If it does  fantastic but if not we will be back in prague around feb time.

Good luck for your frozen transfer x
    Hi miss SD how did you get on..?

I am currently 17 weeks and 3 days !   Gradually starting to believe this may be our time but still nervous it will go wrong.

're meds - they just sent ours in the post it was much easier.  However this was donor egg so may be different with own egg as obviously you need a lot more meds.

Good luck everyone with your cycles.  X