* Author Topic: ...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....  (Read 64046 times)

0 Members

Offline hope39

modify
...Gynem Cycle Buddies....
« Reply #70 on: 1/06/15, 19:38 »
Well day 3 we now only have 3 embryos.
They are gonna ring tomorrow and let me know.
We are out of town but only a tram ride and everything is so close by x
Knackered  with all the walking today x
There is so much to see. Still want to go on a boat trip but have done most other sights xxx
Good luck to  both of you xxxx
Keep me updated xxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 2/06/15, 17:32 »
    Hello ladies
    I had egg transfer today
    I had a grade 1 -2 embryo and a grade 2 embryo x
    Fingers crossed  now and just the dreaded 2 week wait x back home on Thursday xx
    Hope you are all ready now. Shamrock gal hope your first visit  went well today x

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 2/06/15, 19:42 »
    Hey hope! Whey hey yr officially PUPO!!  3 is better than nothing that's the way I looked at it and remember you only need one to get through :) did they managed to freeze yr other one? xx
    This morning went well, got 10 follicles, doc says he's happy with it and the lining is very good too so going another scan on Thurs so hopefully it's the last one.
    I have to say this experienced is far better than I thought, could not find any faults, total stress free, will never go back to UK clinic again that's for sure!! Clinic was busy, staff were lovely and friendly. Now its out of my hand and have no worries whatsoever...
    How did today go bunny? We're in prada 2 at machova hotel. Basic but do rightly and trams only round the corner.
    Went to see old town and visit Jewish area where cemetery is lol fanasticating stuff.
    Planning to visit new town and square tmw. Wanna go on jazz dinner boat so hubby's taking me out for my birthday next Tuesday... can't wait :) gonna be hot day tmw 27 degree..make the most of it hope before you go home on Thurs!  Xxx

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #73 on: 2/06/15, 20:20 »
    That's brilliant  news x the trams are brilliant  and so regular x we got the all day tickets at 1st but found  we were only getting tram in and back to hotel so cheaper to buy 4x30 mins  tickets. We got ripped off by hotel taxi today as they charged  500 crowns up to clinic it was only 300 with them the other day and normal taxi only 200!!! X we got team back so only cost 50 crown! Wish we'd  looked for tram there the other day!! X

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #74 on: 2/06/15, 22:42 »
    Aye that's what we did just buy 4x30 mins, we did something naughty heading back to hotel, we got on tram, didn't put ticket in machine lol there was no ticket man and no one said a thing :) That's another thing I've read up about taxis they can over charged you. Asked first then he'll know he can't changed it once you arrive in desination. Has doc given you any pessaries for next two weeks?xx

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #75 on: 3/06/15, 05:52 »
    I've got utrogestan to take until 12 weeks  and prednison to take for 40 days.
    It's going to be warm today. I want to do the boat trip today & check my love lock xx final  one with the embryos on board xxx it's quite emotional  adding it but maybe due  to the meaning it has to us xx
    We did tge tram ticket  too but I am too soft and was scared we would get caught lol xxx

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #76 on: 3/06/15, 10:14 »
    Wow that's long time to take them, I rather they gave you something than nothing. Fingers cross it shd help :) yup feeling the heat already have fab day today and enjoy! Gonna take easy today just do people watching, yesterday was pretty full on, both of us are still nackered guess it's the heat.
    Bunny, hope everything's okay at yr end. Take easy if you just had your ec :)
    Xx

Offline SurreyBunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #77 on: 3/06/15, 16:41 »
    Hello all!

Fab to hear your are PUPO Hope - I have everything crossed you get your BFP!

Shamrock - 10 is great! We are in Prada 1 - pretty Central and in a fab apartment.

So.....Monday hubby picked up the Pregnyl and I had been given some little needles when I collected my first lot of meds but hadn't needed them so thought I would use them for the trigger as its two glass ampoules. Well the first one - little shards of glass broke off into it then the needle wouldn't fit in! I was in a complete panic but we nipped to Asda and begged the pharmacist to sell me a needle which she did in the end. Phew - was a hour later than I should but all ok ( except they were giant intramuscular needles!)

Tuesday - flight was fine, hour and a half and had a trip into the old town but I couldn't really relax until I had the EC as I was paranoid I was ovulate on my own or something.

Today we were collected at 6:50 Martina had offered to come with us but I told her it was fine to meet her there. She hadn't mentioned not to eat or drink but I hadn't anyway. The clinic looks great although a bit out of place with the area I think. We signed the forms and DH went off to do his bit. I was then whisked off to the operating room (in a bit of a Rush - I wanted to wait for DH to come back but they said there wasn't time)where I had my legs in stirrups for all to see! The Dr introduced himself and asked when I had taken the Pregnyl. Then the next thing I remember was being woken and asked to move to another bed. There was another lady in recovery too but the beds are separated by a wooden partition. The Dr came out and said it went well and I had 19 eggs! He agreed to prescribe me more clexane, utrogestan and agloutin which I need to start taking tomorrow. We then met with the embryologist and discussed what options we want. As the sperm are so poor we are going with IMSI and PICSI, also embryoscope and assisted hatching. With the hatching they are using a laser and it's quite new so it's no charge and they said they have had good results with it. I asked about embryogen and he said it is more for women with recurrent miscarriages and I also asked about embryo glue and he said in his experience it makes the ET difficult as it sometimes sticks in the catheter so we skipped those.
    We got the tram back to the new town and found I could only get clexane and agloutin in the hospital pharmacy which was very close by. The clexane was a lower dose than I had in the UK and was around 30 (60 in UK) and the agloutin was about 2 for 5! The clinic gave me some needles for that and I will ask them to prescribe me enough of it for 12 weeks as I will be buying it here in bulk!
    Martina had emailed when we returned to say 18 are mature. I am so pleased but the next hurdle is fertilisation and I am hoping they have found some great sperm!!

I have to say apart from being a bit sleepy for about half an hour after coming round I feel completely fine - in fact I was more uncomfortable in the morning before EC.

Plus a word of warning - later in the afternoon I 'trumped' and it felt a bit wet - after dashing to the loo and checking, it was an oily substance so I guess they gave me a suppository painkiller?? I'm not sure but that's my guess - I would have liked someone to have told me though!!!

Sorry for the epic post - hope you are all well and having fun!

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #78 on: 3/06/15, 20:35 »
    That's brilliant  news bunny xx all seems to have gone well for EC xxx a fab number of mature eggs xx
    Maybe they did give a suppository as you had do many eggs  x
    Monday sounded traumatic x but luckily all worked out well x
    It's strange how we have had slightly  different treatment etc x I didn't meet embryologist, but Erika rang the day after to discuss.
    Just Shamrock gal  now for ec x fingers crossed  for your scam tomorrow  x
    My flight is at  6pm tomorrow so pick up is at 2.30pm xx
    It's getting hot too in Prague far too warm for me xxxx
    Enjoy ladies and the best of luck xxx

Offline SurreyBunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #79 on: 3/06/15, 21:35 »
    Thanks - I saw in my notes they also collected another 9 that were less than 10mm so it was a lot. Think it may have been a painkiller that is wearing off now! Feeling like I did too many sit ups!

It is getting quite hot! Popped to C&A to get some shorts then ran all over town trying to get an adaptor as we forgot one and all batteries were running low. Boat trip and off to the zoo tomorrow.

Have a safe flight hope. Let us know how the dreaded 2ww goes!

shamrock - when is EC? Hope it's all going well for you

Xx