* Author Topic: ...GYNEM Cycle Buddies....  (Read 64681 times)

0 Members

Offline shamrockgal

modify
...Gynem Cycle Buddies....
« Reply #80 on: 4/06/15, 16:21 »
Hey guys! What a morning we had, totally not we expected (i should know , the way im responding drugs...so blooming slow!) looks like we're staying in prague extra next few days. Ec isnt till next mon and doc is hoping to have 5 day transfer which is next friday.

The flights already booked for going home on fri! Lol doc was willing to do transfer for us on thurs instead so that we can go home but we were like no we'll cancel our flight and get it changed. Wanted to give this best chance, couldnt care less If we lose £200 flight...this is important so we'll be staying here for two weeks! And we're able to stay the hotel we're staying...phew!
Need to call in c&a and buy some more pair of knickers didnt bring enuff! Im little worried about folic acid and thyroid tablet as only got enough till next fri.. thinking of taking them every other day to even it out...just hope its gonna be alright!

Got scan done this morning, its 14-15mm, 11 follicles at the mo and extra two days to inject....God im very slow responding these drugs, wonder why im not developing as fast I wished :( I hope to speak to someone about extras as havent mention it to doc yet.

Hi bunny, yeh the building is way out of prague, deffo need to get taxi. Im sure theres buses to get to but we havent a clue how to get there lol. Clinic was busy this morning, quite handful of woman coming in are heavily pregnant waiting to be seen to...so its a good sign! Do you know when is yr et?

Hope, have safe flight home and take it easy....ive found this information for 2ww, tho its for peeps who have immune issue but ignore comments anyway.....thought it might be useful to u and to us :)

21.9.1   Any do’s and don’ts during the 2ww
•   Don’t exercise too much – your ovaries may be swollen after IVF and can twist causing damage if you try to do more than your body is very used to.
•   Do drink plenty of water and ensure sufficient protein intake to help prevent OHSS and reduce constipation.
•   Try to avoid baths, swimming pools, Jacuzzis etc – they can cause overheating/dehydration which is unhelpful for your embryos and there is a small risk of infection – stick to a warm (not hot) shower.
•   Do try and avoid anyone you know is ill with anything contagious like colds or flu– especially someone with chickenpox (unless you have checked that are immune with a blood test) – you may be slightly immunosuppressed due to steroids or Humira, and if not, you don’t want to catch anything that will then cause your NKa and TNFa to rise.
•   Do try to eat sensibly – to provide protein, avoid saturated fats that may increase TNFa and to reduce the constipation that comes with taking progesterone.
•   Do try to rest more than usual – ‘normal’ ladies do get pregnant without resting during their 2ww but ‘immune Tx’ ladies need all the help they can get to keep their immune system calm and quiet.
•   Do avoid caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate, cola, red bull, iron bru, energy drinks etc).  Studies suggest four cups of coffee don’t raise the miscarriage risk in ‘normal’ ladies, but I think ladies with immune issues need all the help they can get, particularly as they may suffer from impaired blood flow to the uterine lining which caffeine will exacerbate.   I wouldn’t drink more than two cups of (green) tea. (I would avoid decaff tea as the processing to get the caffeine out leaves traces of chemicals – decaff coffee is safer.)   In addition, risk of blood clots rises significantly during pregnancy and drinks like red bull in particular have been shown to also raise clotting risk, so I think they are too dangerous to drink during pregnancy.
•   Personally, I would avoid artificial sweeteners (especially aspartame, acesulfame-K, sodium cyclamate and saccharine) because some practitioners say that they are unhelpful for fertility so I’d rather not take the risk.  Research into their safety is very contradictory, with many studies saying that they are safe, but a few others saying that they are not safe, for example linking consumption of aspartame to risk of premature birth and there is strong evidence that sodium cyclamate affects the urinary tract and saccharine crosses the placenta.  Sucralose and sugar alcohols like malitol or xylitol may be safer options but it still seems to me that you should try to keep intake of these low.
•   Personally, I would keep sugary foods to a minimum to avoid swings in blood sugar level and only drink fruit juices which are diluted with plenty of water.
•   Personally, there are chemicals that I avoid in shampoos etc e.g., methyl and ethylparaben and pthalates because some sources say that they reduce fertility.  I also decided not to dye my hair (bleaching, light colours and highlights are safer), because dark coloured dyes (no matter what claims they make about having no peroxide or ammonia or whatever) contain chemicals which can be absorbed all the way through your body into your bladder – and that is just too close to baby for me to feel that it’s a good idea.  I try to avoid BPA (a feminising hormone that is in plastics and the lining of food tins – but its very hard to do so because its hard to find out which cans are BPA free - but my understanding is that most food tins contain BPA.  I also gave up tuna fish because its mercury content is more variable than say, mackerel.
•   I have been asked before for suggestions about what to do with darker moustaches that seem to appear in pregnancy (particularly around the end of the first trimester).  Personally I would stick to facial bleach and use it cautiously i.e., put some bleach on and if it starts to feel warm, wash it off with cold water then wait until your skin is completely calm again before having another go and repeating as necessary – on the basis that I want my whole body as calm as possible.
•   Where there are avoidable things that you are allergic to e.g., a friend’s cat, you may want to try and minimise exposure especially during stimms, 2ww and early pregnancy - purely on the grounds of keeping your levels of inflammation as low as possible.  If you normally take antihistamines to deal with an allergy, you should speak to your consultant about whether they are safe to continue to take when you may get/be pregnant.
•   Some ladies choose to eat brazil nuts (see Selenium under Supplements, above) in the two week wait.  Other ladies choose to drink pineapple juice, but I’m not convinced about that one.

Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline SurreyBunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #81 on: 4/06/15, 20:27 »
    Ah shamrock that is a long time - is your work ok with you taking the extra time off? Still it's not a bad place to stay a few extra nights!!

Can you ask the clinic to prescribe you extra? They did folic acid for me even though I said I had it already. No one wanted to discuss the extras like embryoscope until the day of EC. We got a tram and metro back and it was really easy (and cheap) but if you are worried about getting caught without a ticket you'd need to buy it in advance as we couldn't see anywhere to buy one.

So we got the update today that 14 of the eggs have fertilised. Really happy with that but am being realistic that we'll only have a couple make it to day 5. Though I would be over the moon with some to freeze! We'll be going to day 5 so ET on Monday then we're off home on Tuesday at midday.

Thanks for the list! I'm planning on doing acupuncture before and after transfer as there is a clinic mentioned a lot on the boards - as with everything else it's pretty cheap here!

Xx

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #82 on: 4/06/15, 22:36 »
    Hi bunny, when we first arrived we hadnt t a clue where to get the ticket for trams, took a while to figure out where machine was, Got the ticket alright, its just  hubby doesnt like the idea of getting caught where as me i couldnt care less Lol

Wouldnt you believe hubby got some kind of food posioning, throwing up earlier this evening, think he might have ate something dodgy.   Hes refusing go take diarrhoea and stomach tablets,  cant force him something he doesn't wanna do. Am hoping it eased off by tmw....honestly every time we go away on holiday something always happened! So its not completely new to us! Lol
    Ack I dont mind staying wee bit longer, dont need time off work cos im housewife :)

Thats fanastic news youve got 14 fertilised! ! Very likey you'll have some left over :) so you've got few days to kill, make most of it and this gorgeous weather to make up for.
    Xxx

Offline SurreyBunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #83 on: 4/06/15, 23:35 »
    Yeah we've been joy riding a lot! Only because we can't buy tickets when we need to not because we don't want to pay!

Oh dear - your poor hubby! He needs to make sure he's on top form when he has to do his bit! To be honest we've had pizza a lot! Not sure about all the pork knuckle and knee I've seen on the menu here!

Going to have a chill out day tomorrow and stay local - zoo nearly killed me today. Hoping to go to Vienna too if it's not too much hassle...

I'm a stay at home mum - it's a new thing for me but timing wise it's worked out great. So glad I haven't got to explain to work why I'm popping off for all these tests and scans. Plus booking flights etc last minute it's just been so much easier. It does mean I'll drive myself crazy in the 2ww as I'll have no distractions.....xx

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #84 on: 5/06/15, 14:39 »
    Lol make most of it bunny, trams are getting busier and can be crowded at times where we had to stand most of the time but sure its high season cant complained .....hubby got the bug so it isnt food posioning....just hope he doesnt passed it on to me! He was at the bog all night throwing up, i woke up couple of times and he slept on bathroom floor :( seemed to have eased off so he sleeping at the mo....and as for me, I went to metro to Wenceslas Square, pop in c&a and wee nosy round for couple of hours. Im so worned out....so warm today! Taking easy today, might watch movie on my tablet.

Pizza sounds yummy, might have some takeaway tonight. It'll not do you any harm eating same thing, its covered mostly in tomatoes so it full of antioxidant :)
    Ive been so good since arriving here, no wine whatsoever, ate loads of chicken, , eggs for breakie and just keep on drinking water. I might have wee glass of red wine after ec cos its my birthday that day so I think I derserve a wee treat and whats even better its full of antioxidant! Lol Last night I order glass of water and waiter came back with glass of white wine by mistake....I was so attempted to accept it and drink it! I can dream away tho :)

Hope, how are you at the mo, hope yr settled and that utrogestan and prednison isnt playing you up. Was wondering, on your et, did doc scan you so he can put your embies where it supposed to be? And did you get up straight away once hes done with you or were you told to lye down for wee while?
    Im sure youre glad to be home and get in your own bed for comfort! Try sleep on your left hand side, suppose to improve circulation which means your body won’t have to work as hard to ensure you have optimal blood flow for you and your embies
    Xxx

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #85 on: 5/06/15, 17:03 »
    Hiya guys x
    I am home and it's chilly compared to Prague.
    We had a few takeaways too.
    Egg transfer was done under ultrasound and you wear a paper skirt so remove everything from waist down.
    You have to have a full bladder, you see the embryos being placed in uterus.  The only down side is your partner can't come in with you xx
    Also I was desperate for the loo, I was allowed to go straight to the loo and then had to stay sitting up lie down for 15 mins.
    I hope your hubby is better today and that you don't get the bug x
    Bunny I wanted to go the zoo x hope you enjoyed it xx
    Good luck both of you xxx

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #86 on: 5/06/15, 17:48 »
    Thanks for the tip hope, such a shame hubby can't join in :( ah well.
    Took wee bit of finding the chemist, have looked and looked everywhere today, I gave up and went back to hotel to look up on the net to see where chemist is and suprised suprised it's only flipping round the corner from where we were! Very limited English so it's powder tablet to take it with water and it's brown stuff lovely. Got him wee red bull for energy lol. Fingers cross he'll be better tmw!! Not having another day staying inside!!
    xxx

Offline SurreyBunny

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #87 on: 6/06/15, 11:48 »
    Hope - that's great to know about ET but am sad DH can't be there. Look after yourself now - what test date did they give you?

Shamrock - hope your DH is recovered and you haven't come down with it.

The zoo was good but a bit too hot for us and the animals! We went to Charles Beidge and I made a wish on the five stars - you can probably guess what for! Unfortunately I tripped up some stairs carrying my daughter and although there was no impact I felt like I'd ripped my insides - worse pain ever. After I'd iced it I felt so much better - I had visions of cancelling the transfer and calling an ambulance but all is ok now. Glad it happened before and not after!!

Didn't get an update yesterday (day 2) but I should get one today - did you hope? I know it's the weekend but I'm sure they said they would. Just want to know how they are doing! I have had a cheeky little beer most nights and keep doing toasts to our 14!!

Xx

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #88 on: 6/06/15, 17:18 »
    Oh no bunny, hope you havent damaged yourself, yeh yr lucky it happened before transfer! Gosh I be itching to know how wee embies getting on! Im sure they're doing okay with so many you  have,youve nothing to lose :)
    Hubbys fine now, slowly his appetites back to normal ... called round shopping centre earlier,  its blooming massive! DH bought me pair of nike trainers,  I had my eye on them back home....so cheap here saved about 30 quid and wee scarf for myself :) Dying to do ec two more days to go, wanted it get over and done with and tonight is the last injection happy days.
    Oh aye I can guess what you've wrote on yr lock :) i wrote our names, date and three symbol of wee hearts...2 for us and one for our baby....thats all I want just one wish   ^pray^
    Xx

Offline hope39

modify
    « Reply #89 on: 7/06/15, 07:04 »
    Ah bunny hope you are ok xxx scary but again thankfully before et x
    I didn't here anything from ec on Friday until Monday at 2ish x I was going insane!!! X hope you have heard a bit of an update now xx
    Test date is 2 weeks after ec so this Friday and then they advise ultrasound 10 to 14 days later x
    Shamrock gal  glad your hubby is better in time for ec. What time do you have to be there tomorrow  xx
    Take care both of you xxx