* Author Topic: BFP - Due date January / February 2016  (Read 81105 times)

0 Members

Offline Snowy white1

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - Due date January / February 2016
« Reply #1300 on: 30/08/15, 18:27 »
Good point Loulu. I eat a lot of 'salads'!

Does anyone have any views on cot bed vs cot?
I was sure I was getting a cot bed, but then I do already have a single bed in baby's room and there's not a huge amount of room in there.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1301 on: 30/08/15, 19:22 »
    I like your thinking Lou  ;D, I had a large piece of lemon and raspberry cake today as well as blueberry pancakes for breakfast so I'm well ahead on my 5 a day.

We've got a cot Snowy but mainly because it was given to us and then have a toddler bed for her to move into - which is the same size as a cot bed I think and is only very fractionally bigger than her cot - which for Kalm is also M&P and is 18 years old and has been used by numerous children before us.  We bought a toddler bed over single as my daughter is small and we can use the same very expensive organic wool mattress we bought for her cot for a few more years.

We've  managed some sunshine in the New Forest today but it's raining again now - hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

Morag

Offline loulu28

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1302 on: 30/08/15, 19:33 »
    snowy, i got this one (compulsive/impulsive shopper), it hasn't arrived yet but i liked the idea of it being useful after it was used as a cot/bed.

http://www.johnlewis.com/silver-cross-dorchester-cot-bed-dark-cherry/p576107?sku=232222310&kpid=232222310&s_kenid=9cf82499-5a6c-4cf6-9fd1-0b1e726f1cc4&s_kwcid=403x155183&tmad=c&tmcampid=73&kpid=232222310

it will probably end up as a seat (for naughty doggies) in the conservatory...

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline loulu28

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1303 on: 30/08/15, 21:22 »
     Ladies, am I just weird or has anyone else had any thoughts about hubby/OH cutting the cord ? I could vomit at the thought...

modify
    « Reply #1304 on: 30/08/15, 22:32 »
    Evening ladies, hope you've all had nice weekends

Lou lou no line yet this time but I did last time with my boy so we shall see! LOVE that cot bed! If only Id had the space Id have gone for the sleigh style and that one is so practical too. You'll gave pampered pooches in a few years too!! DP said he wouldn't be at 'the business end' and even in labour said he had no interest I'm cutting the cord but when it came to the crunch he was straight down there! I think maybe just see how he feels, you probably won't give two hoots at that point!! X

Deedee yes great app, I needto download IT again they've done a fantastic job of campaigning for greater awareness. I did have to unfollow the social media page though in the later stages of my pregnancy as I began to feel anxious about some of the sad stories on the newsfeed, but they do great work

Hanh thx for the link, will have a look  :)

Baby cakes, moragob & lou lou loving the fruit intake ideas  ;D feeling better already about my fruit loaf breakfast  ;)

Snowy I went for a cot bed as thought it'd be better longer term vfm & pleased so far. Nursery doubles as a spare room so we have day bed & trundle for when my parents stay so was restricted on size (we Defo need to move now #2 is en route!)

Offline loulu28

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1305 on: 30/08/15, 22:45 »
    You're probably right.... I'm watching the horror channel agai - OneBorn Every minute, the ladies do seem a tad preoccupied :-)

Offline Lanny85

modify
    « Reply #1306 on: 31/08/15, 09:07 »
    Pumpkin - I had a call to say that I have low PAPP A as well. It's really scary when they tell you! I've got to have an extra scan at 28 weeks as well. As I understand it it doesn't mean they'll necessarily be any problem at all it just increases the risk slightly. I asked the midwife and she said they just do the extra screening for all women with a low PAPP A but a vast majority will be absolutely fine. I've tried to foucs in the fact that it's good they'll be monitoring everything closely so should pick up any problems early so they can act on them. I'm 20 weeks now and baby growing fine so far though as I understand the growth doesn't start to slow until later on.

KALM - I've brought some second hand Mamas and Papas furniture and it still looks great and is really strong and solid, seems like it's built to last.

LouLou - I've asked my husband about whether he wants to cut the cord and he hasn't decided yet, quite like the idea though he's not great with blood so not quite sure what might happen!

My hubby has finished decorating the nursery now, took a bit longer than expected after the radiator came off the wall and sprayed black sludge everywhere so he had to take rup the flooring and put it back again but it's looking great now!

Offline Dragonfly32

modify
    « Reply #1307 on: 31/08/15, 09:14 »
    Loulou - my dh wants to do the cord. When we first met he was really anti the idea of nappies and vomit and such, big breakthrough last night though. The dog stood up and a big pile of sick came up. DH jumped up to clean it up?! So maybe he's becoming hardier and the cord will be no problem!!

Offline Snowy white1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1308 on: 31/08/15, 09:21 »
    Loulu - I love that cot bed. I've found one in cream in M&P which matches the rest of the furniture in the 'nursery'. It's on offer but I'm going to have to wait a bit longer before buying it I think.

I doubt my DH will cut the cord. He just got very upset about a conversation about water births over breakfast. I have 5 months to desensitise him!

Offline dumbwing07

• Gold Member
    • Positive Positive Positive
    modify
    « Reply #1309 on: 31/08/15, 10:23 »
    Sani - congrats on the 20 week scan and being team pink! Glad all is well hun! xx

KALM - hope you had a fab weekend away! xx

Deedee - Congratulations on team pink! hope all is well with you! xx

10fingers - yes Im not sick anymore, it stopped at around 16 weeks. I still feel sick when I wake up but aslong as I have some pop and my breakfast im ok! thank god! Hope you are well and had a fab weekend! xx

Loulou - no line on my tummy and im 22 weeks with a boy, i just have the hairiest belly its minging midwife says it will all fall out when ive had the baby thankfully lol hubby has to cut the cord, this is something I would love him to do but he says he will make a decision when the moment arrises! Dont know if he could stomach it!  ;D I love one born, they make me laugh so much with the screaming etx hope im brave lol Hope your ok xx

bubbles212 - hope you had a great time in Northumberland! xx

Moragob - will you wait and have a surprise on sex of baby when its born? You are so patient if so! I couldnt wait to buy the right colour stuff and decorate! Hope you had a great weekendxx

Lawmonkey - yes welcome please stay with us and post, this is a lovely thread to be on. Hope you will keep on chatting with us xx

Hanh - congrats and welcome to team blue! dont know if you are shopping already or have already looked but Next and Mothercare are the nicest places I have seen so far for baby boy stuff! I spent a fortune in them both on saturday! xx

Babycakes77 - glad you had a fantastic time in Austria! I love cake too lol xx

GPN - good luck for your dating scan xx

Snowywhite1 - I have gone for a pine cot bed as they last longer dont they! I really wanted one with drawers underneath too but then ive seen you can get slide under box things which do the same job! And one with drawers is more expensive. Im going for a water birth they seem so much calmer but they do say sometimes you cant have the pool because it isnt free dont they! Think I will be annoyed if that happens but aslong as baby comes out ok lol Hope your ok hun! xx

Lanny85 - wow glad your baby room done, cant wait to finish mine! Nightmare with the radiator, glad you got it sorted hun! xx

I had a great weekend, i have got the cracks in the cealing all filled and we have started sanding these down, I sanded and painted the windowsill and repainted the coving. We spent a fortune in mothercare, next and boots on saturday and have loads of gorgeous baby boy stuff now. I love looking at it now, its taking over half of hubbys wardrobe atm! :) I went out for tea with family last night and we all huddled at my inlaws for drinks and laughs. Also nearly finished my wedding album now which im glad of (got married in july) as its been so painstaking! hope you are all well, im at work today but I dont mind as the weather is dreadful! xxxxx