* Author Topic: BFP - Due date January / February 2016  (Read 81101 times)

0 Members

Offline Dragonfly32

modify
BFP - Due date January / February 2016
« Reply #1310 on: 31/08/15, 11:22 »
Dumbwing - Next do have the cutest stuff! We got a couple of things a week or so ago, a really cute dinosaur top!! It's adorable! I have no idea about size clothes so thought I would leave most of the clothes buying until a bit later when I have gained some knowledge on the whole thing, in my head buying the 'newborn up to 7lbs' size might just be a waste if I end up giving birth to a big chunker! So the couple of things we have got are 0-3months, what has been your tactic?! Well done on your wedding album - we have been married 2 years and we still haven't done it...I don't even know where to start, sadly there aren't that many decent photos (mainly due to the fact it seems impossible for my dh and I to be photogenic in the same photograph haha!) Are you doing a DIY one or getting them printed in a book?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline dumbwing07

• Gold Member
    • Positive Positive Positive
    modify
    « Reply #1311 on: 31/08/15, 11:58 »
    Dragonfly32 - Aww i saw those they are gorgeous, i got him the dino hoody thats got soft spikes down the hood lol I have bought 0-3 and upwards. We are both over 6ft and i was 10lb so i imagine my boy is gonna be a chunker. I have bought a selection of each size upto 6-9 so far gonna stop buying now and see what people get him. Thank you! I bought a classic big padded album with the old skool rice paper inbetween each sheet and I had my photos on a flash drive from my photographer and had them printed. Ive managed to fit around 85 in the album and im gonna have to get a little, less special book for the rest. xx

Offline dumbwing07

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1312 on: 31/08/15, 12:34 »
    Also ladies, what is your view on maternity leave? when are you going on mat leave? do you get any maternity leave from your work on top of stat maternity pay? xx

Offline loulu28

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1313 on: 31/08/15, 13:03 »
    Mat pay. I work on an oil rig. They don't let you go offshore once you tell them you're pregnant. As i'm the chemist, i told them the second i found out, no nasty chemical exposure.

Currently been offwork on full pay for 19 weeks. They should be finding me something to do in the office some time soon, quite happy for them to take their time :-)

Mat pay is full pay for 13 weeks, 75% for 13 weeks SMP for 13 weeks and then nothing...seems pretty good to me....?

Offline dumbwing07

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1314 on: 31/08/15, 13:22 »
    loulu28- thats amazing. I get 6 weeks 90% pay then stat mat pay for 34 weeks then thats it. How crap is that! I now have to work out the best time to go but dh wants me to basically work until he drops. Im not up for that at all as I commute 44 miles and I cant imagine once im large that its going to be very comfortable doing the commute for me. :( its stressing me a little I must admit, with xmas and all too xx

Offline Snowy white1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1315 on: 31/08/15, 13:42 »
    Dumbwing - I get pretty much the same as you (except 100% for 6 weeks).
    It's quite rubbish and means I'll work up until the last minute. I'm planning to take 7 months off so I can have the whole summer off!

Offline cookson17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1316 on: 31/08/15, 13:53 »
    My mat pay is rubbish as well!

90% for 6 weeks and the stat mat pay.

I am a teacher but I work in a private school so they can do what they like. I am thinking of finishing end of jan (baby due25 of feb but have a 40 min drive to work!) and then going back the last week of term in july full time to be paid over the summer and then part from september!

Offline KALM

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1317 on: 31/08/15, 14:52 »
    Argh.. Totally bamboozled by cot beds! How important is a drop down side? Teething rails? Ideally it would be good to have extra under bed storage but the ones I like best with that are a lot more expensive! The one I liked best in the M&P sale didn't have any of these 3 things! Decided not to feel pressured by bank holiday sales and won't buy today as probably really need to see these things before I buy. Thinking of going to the baby show at Olympia at end of October.. Any of you 2nd time ladies been to the baby show before? Worth a look for some good deals?

Maternity pay.. As long as I go back after, then I get 6 weeks full pay, 12 weeks half pay, and 21 weeks Statuarory maternity pay. Loulu sounds like you have a great deal there! But do you have to go back to work after, and how would that really work.. A baby on an oil rig?!

Dumbwing, I love doing photo books! I used to do it with actual printed pictures in albums, but now I do it all online.

Offline loulu28

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1318 on: 31/08/15, 14:55 »
    I don't think there is any obligation to go back. you have to have been there two years to qualify but i've been there 5. There is however talk of redundancy, aberdeen is full of it at the moment. oh well, we cant worry about that which we cannot control :-)

just checked, no obligation to return, just an assumption 52 weeks will be taken, which is nice :-)

Offline Snowy white1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1319 on: 31/08/15, 14:57 »
    Kalm - Olympia baby show sounds like a good plan. Doubt I will be able to persuade DH to do that though!