* Author Topic: BFP - Due date January / February 2016  (Read 81093 times)

0 Members

Offline loulu28

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - Due date January / February 2016
« Reply #1330 on: 31/08/15, 16:35 »
i thought paternity leave was fully paid ?

https://www.gov.uk/paternity-pay-leave/overview

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline dumbwing07

• Gold Member
    • Positive Positive Positive
    modify
    « Reply #1331 on: 31/08/15, 16:55 »
    Loulu - I did too, then my husband asked his employer who said they dont give maternity pay he would just get the standard paternity pay from the government (like stat mat pay) so hes booking two weeks off on holiday instead xx

Offline loulu28

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1332 on: 31/08/15, 17:05 »
    ah, so it seems.
    http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/im-about-to-become-a-father---what-are-my-paternity-rights/?gclid=COTsiaXZ08cCFSrpwgodbwQMXw

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline Dragonfly32

modify
    « Reply #1333 on: 31/08/15, 17:06 »
    Thanks Loulou for sharing that, I think unfortunately the key word is 'might be eligible' I guess it's at the companies discretion (he's a pilot and the company take advantage a lot!) it's incredible what they get away with. He has said his paternity is about 130 a week.

Dumbwing - that's a good idea re annual leave. Annoyingly we have to bid for leave the previous year and it is done on a complicated system, so you have to know what dates you want off that far in advance and you still may not get them especially if they are in school holidays or in the summer. Grr! We only get his work schedule through a couple of weeks before the start of the month, so we can never plan. Hopefully this will change after the next few years :)

I'm sooooooooooo hungry today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline pumpkin1975

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1334 on: 31/08/15, 18:27 »
    Hi ladies, not been on here for a while and seem to have missed a lot!

10 fingers, mini daisy, deedeespark, dragonfly, thanks for your advice, concern and well wishes :) 2buttons, your help was very useful sweetie and it was lovely what you said at the end, had me welling up! I've booked to see a consultant tomorrow (nhs) so will discuss more.

Lanny85 sorry to hear you had the same news, what's your score if you don't mind me asking? It is scary hun, worrying what the future might hold, but I guess none of us can guarantee to be problem free and we just have to look after ourselves and hope it's all ok, which I'm sure it will be.

Trying not to worry. Had a first couples 'research shop' today to mamas n papas which was lovely.

Big congrats to those who know the sex of their babies!!

Hope you are all feeling ok :)

Sanisk sorry to hear you had a scare!

X

modify
    « Reply #1335 on: 31/08/15, 18:27 »
    Lanny -  nursery progress sounds good (except the radiator bit!) - ours still isn't completely finished hoe I wanted it so definitely best to get it all done nice and early if you can (or if you have a diy lazy bones DP like mine!)

Re maternity pay - I got/get 100% for 6 weeks then SMP & can take up to a year off but only I think 36 weeks of that would be paid. I have to go back earlier than planned or I wouldn't evfn get SMP next time! Might be worth checking on holiday entitlement as I accrue whilst on mat leave which might give you a useful month or so to add on the end of you do too. Unfortunately last time as DS was a month early I got zero mat leave before he arrived! My waters broke just after Id left the office on my last day whilst getting fuel & then I had to drive 70 miles home! So ladies with commutes, Id recommend giving yourself a bit of wiggle room!  ;D I plan on finishing end of jan using a bit of holiday then starting mat leave and am hoping LO isn't a month early this time! My DP was the same with pat leave - entitled to 2 weeks but on SPP so he took it as leave

Kalm mine doesn't hsve drop rail or drawers but I would recommend drawers as mine ends up having stuff under it looking messy or otherwise is dead space. I've yet to find (or properly look for) a suitable size drawer or storage. re baby show, yes worth going for big purchases. We went for a pram and travel system and got a great deal (though not the one Id researched and expected to buy!). It is long and tiring day though so best that in mind re proximity to your due date. I might not go this year only because we are only looking for a double buggy and next stage car seat & the pram I think I want aren't displaying there for some reason or I would defo be going. Best in mind delivery for big items can take a while. My DS arrived before the pram and car seat so my parents had to drive to Leicester to collect before we could bring DS home from hospital  :o

Snowy/dumb re cot bumpers I ended up getting frightened off buying them and still don't have anything, though a few friends have and recommend those airwave things. They only problem ive had is the dummy falling through the bars and having to retrieve at 4am is annoying scrabbling around in the dark lol. I don't think I'll bother now as DS doesn't tebd to move much at night so not had any head banging issues (yet!)

Snowy making you redundant whilst pregnant or on May leave would put them on dodgy ground. I *think* they might have to offer you something equivalent or risk a claim ....

Been to look at a show home today & I think we might be thinking of trying to go for it! Been in a complete tail spin since I found out I was pregnant as we live in a small 2 bed & parents are miles away & is very cramped when they stay so now we really need to move in the next 12 months. Always said I'd never buy new again but the appeal of moving in and having to do nothing is tempting! Only issue is we are not on the market, don't know how much we can borrow & this house isn't ready until feb / March (cue due date clash!). All minor details  ;D

modify
    « Reply #1336 on: 31/08/15, 18:29 »
    Pumpkin just noticed you're a fellow serum girl, 4th time lucky with penny - me too! Xx

Offline pumpkin1975

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1337 on: 31/08/15, 18:34 »
    Yes 10 fingers we was out there end of May. Absolutely love Penny, she made cycling so much easier and was so caring. 4th time lucky indeed!

When was you there?
    Xx

modify
    « Reply #1338 on: 31/08/15, 18:39 »
    Pumpkin she is indeed an angel! I went out for a hysto last Feb, then cycled in April. Had a lovely 2 week holiday & stayed on one of the islands for a few days after transfer. Definitely beat the manic train journeys in and out of London I was doing before! Natural BFP this time and penny has been wonderful and supportive via email of course for free! Replying to emails within an hour...she's a legend! X

Offline pumpkin1975

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1339 on: 31/08/15, 18:46 »
    Massive congrats to your natural BFP!! Penny is so supportive and lovely. Wonderful that we all found her :)

Our due dates are so close (if ours doesn't come early!).
    Will send Penny big thank u card when our little ones here! Xx