* Author Topic: BFP - Due date January / February 2016  (Read 81090 times)

0 Members

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - Due date January / February 2016
« Reply #1340 on: 31/08/15, 20:09 »
HI everyone

re mat leave remember that we will all accrue annual leave while on mat leave and being due early in the year works in our favour.  Last time I took my full 5 weeks AL before starting 12 mths Mat leave on my EDD and then returned to work in March with more AL already accrued.  Remember even if you plan to return to work part time make sure your part time hours don't start before you return to work so you accrue AL at a full time rate.  I also found it really useful to use AL to help with a gradual return especially as my daughter took a while to settle into nursery, I only work 2 days a week but long days so the first 2 months I worked shorter days as I am lucky to work for a flexible company so use my AL by the hour rather than by the half day - but working a shorter week or some half days might be helpful.

I plan to bring a few days AL forward to this year so I can finish work at the end of November and again start my mat leave on my EDD -  I do have quite a bit of flexibility though as I am the HR & payroll person at work  :)

And unfortunately there is nothing to stop an employer making you redundant at any point as long as pregnancy/children are not the reason for redundancy.  There is no validity for a claim against them unless there is evidence that you were discriminated against because you are pregnant/on mat leave.

Morag

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Babycakes77

modify
    « Reply #1341 on: 31/08/15, 21:50 »
    anyone else end up crying at eastenders tonight?
    xx

Offline Nahla

• Gold Member
    • life's what happens while you're busy making plans
    modify
    « Reply #1342 on: 31/08/15, 22:24 »
    Hi ladies,
    its been a while since I posted on here...

snowy, for ds I bought cot bumpers when he started to loose his dummy and also wriggled around a lot as he slways bumped hus head and still does at the age of 2. They are so thin I dont think its a big risk. and I was so frightened of SIDS in general I avoided all other issues and even bought an angel care resp. sensor.

re mat leave: here its6 weeks before EDD until 8 weeks after you get 100%. ( or 12 weeks with twins). then you get 66% until babies first birthday ( or 14 monthy if you are single parent) and your partner gets 2 months.
    so I will stay at home for at least 14 months... and will enjoy every single day...

afm: going to Sylt- German island on thursday for 12 days... really tired and looking forward to the break.
    a friend of mine just got hospitalized with a shortened cervix snd contractions with twins at about 30 weeks... scary!

welcome to the new ladies and congrats to those who found out about sex...

pumpkin I hope everything goes smoothly for you! no experience here but remember a few years ago you wouldnt even have known about those tests. very often it turns out to be nothing at the end... like my waiting for hatmony for 5 weeks...

xx

Offline Nahla

• Gold Member
    • life's what happens while you're busy making plans
    modify
    « Reply #1343 on: 31/08/15, 22:30 »
    just wanted to add: I am a physician. I know about healthy diet. And I have had MCDs also during both pregnancies. its all about the dose/ amount. and I strongly believe your body knows what he needs... for me its just salty food and no sweets during pregnancy. I am sure nobody on here is doing any harm to her baby with food. and me too I take those vitamines as it is simply impossible to get all you need every day especially when you work snd font have time... and maybe a LO to look after. I was a bit embarrassed by the heat of the drbate on here snd am glad its over. everybody does his best and I am sure we will all be great mothers... even if not all children will go to uni one day  ;)

Offline loulu28

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1344 on: 1/09/15, 07:13 »
    yes it is lovely in here.. i put it down to the decoration :-)

you have, however, let the cat out the bag, you will now get a queue of people with niggles... like the acid reflux that is bothering me.

:-)

what is everyone up to today ?

Aberdeen is freezing, as usual this morning... i have the heating on and will be lighting a fire shortly...brrrrr !

:0)

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1345 on: 1/09/15, 08:15 »
    Sunshine here Loulu  :) I'm off to get new tyres  for the car after I noticed I can see wire on the edge of one!  A very exciting life I lead.  In maternity trousers for the first time today   ;D 

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1346 on: 1/09/15, 08:23 »
    Nahlia - where are you? Your mat leave sounds very generous

Offline Snowy white1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1347 on: 1/09/15, 08:33 »
    Loulu - bizarrely I had bad acid reflux this weekend. I think I had too much rich food (MIL's cooking!). I think it's quite common in pregnancy and I think we're at about the same stage.

Offline loulu28

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1348 on: 1/09/15, 08:48 »
    almost anything is causing mine, disgusting. (TMI alert), mouthful of sick repeatedly after eating even small meal... now grazing :-)

Offline swissbump

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1349 on: 1/09/15, 08:52 »
    Morning Ladies,

My due date is 02.03.16 but as I will be having a c section I know it will be in February hence why I am on this thread. I am 14 weeks pregnant with a singletion after 2 missed miscarriages ( started out as triplets). One of the missed miscarriages has not absorbed and is still visable on scan and I have been told to not lift anything heavy, 16kg daughter etc as there is still a risk of miscarriage.

Now DH's family are putting him under pressure to fly to Scotland for his brothers 40th on 12th Sept. They are all medics and when my DH said that I had to be careful and could not manage my 3.5 year old by myself they were all dismissive of the risks, saying it did not make a difference what I did physically, if I was going to miscarry it would happen regardless of what I was doing. I am upset and worried about what if something happens if he goes away. Just had a funny turn in work and everyone here are telling me to be careful etc. We work in the Pharma industry so high level of medical knowledge.

I just wish DH had been firmed with them weeks ago and said no.

Sorry for the rant.

Swissbump