* Author Topic: BFP - Due date January / February 2016  (Read 81083 times)

0 Members

Offline KALM

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - Due date January / February 2016
« Reply #1360 on: 1/09/15, 15:12 »
Oops.. Bubbles.. 2buttons.. I was close! Sorry for the mix up.

Loulu, I used to hate drinking milk too. Then when I started to swim regularly I used to come home and bizarrely I'd crave it! Also during pregnancy I've had no problem drinking a glass of milk... But normally I'm not a big fan.

Moragob, how has the maternity trouser wearing been today?! I have two pairs I've worn a lot...just so comfy, and one third pair I haven't worn yet as its for work and I need a slightly bigger bump for them to stay up properly!

Swiss, I feel for you with your situation. No matter what anyone says you've got to do what makes you feel most comfortable and less stressed. Certainly it sounds like if your DH goes to the party he should take your daughter or find some help for you whilst he's away. How does he feel.. Does he really want to go or isn't too fussed?

Oh 10fingers you really dont want to be moving right after you've had your little one, even if you need the extra space! I take it you meant your house needs some decorating/sprucing up before you can put on market? Isn't there any way you can rope in friends and family to help and get it done sooner?

Am WFH today, hence time to post! Have my 16 week midwife appt in an hour.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline swissbump

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1361 on: 1/09/15, 16:57 »
    Thankfully he has realized he needs to stay home as it is not suitable to bring DD. spent the afternoon in bed after work this morning so there is no way the I could cope alone.

The juggle of being an expat with no family support. Already thinking about what happens if I don't make it to planned c section date, who to rely on to mind daughter if we go into natural labour.

Thanks for all the messages of support.

Swissbump

Offline Snowy white1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1362 on: 1/09/15, 17:18 »
    Swissbump  - good to hear from you. Sorry you're still having a worrying time.
    You're doing the right thing resting and letting DH help. When I had my risky bleed it made me feel much calmer if I rested and I really believe that's why my clot cleared up by itself.

Dumbwing - sorry you're feeling rubbish.  I still get the odd day of feeling ill too, mainly with bad headaches.
    I tried a Quinny pram and I really liked it so it's great you're getting one for free!

Kalm - hope your 16 week appointment goes well. They might listen to the Hb with a doppler (although mine didn't).

Loulu - I also found that ice cream helped my heartburn. Great excuse to eat ice cream!

Bubbles - hope the Harmony results are all good and put your mind at rest.

Deedee - I'm also planning on flu jab. Tried to make appointment today as I was at doc's but it's not out yet. At what point do you do the whooping cough one?

Pumpkin - hope you get some good info and reassurance today. It's good they're looking after you so they can make sure all stays well.

2Buttons - hope your midwife appt goes well too

Went to the gp today and got my repeat prescription for thyroxine. Asked her to do my blood pressure as I get terrible headaches. Although it is normal, it is higher than 3 weeks ago at my 16 week appointment. Is it normal for BP to rise during pregnancy?

Also do any of you have any tips for non-greasy stretch mark cream. I hate greasy stuff so bio oil is out. I think the Palmers cocoa butter might also be a bit greasy. Maybe I should just be less of a princess!!

Offline bubbles212

modify
    « Reply #1363 on: 1/09/15, 17:24 »
    Hi Ladies, thank you for thinking of me today. Has been a very difficult one, my harmony result was a 'no result' in that they couldn't extract enough baby's DNA from my blood. I now have another appointment at the hospital to either try again or have an amnio. They have told me that their miscarriage rate for the amnio is 1 in 1,400 which is much less than the 1 in 89 chance of downs from my combined test. I really don't know what to do at this point. My NT measurement was 1.7 but my beta hcg was over 4. I have a suspicion that my last pregnancy, with my darling 8 year old that I lost could have been something similar as I had morning sickness every day of the 9 months, but it wasn't tested then. Hopefully it's just me.
    Pumpkin, I hope all has gone well for you today, my baby is also from serum, there seems to be a few of us around.
    I hope everyone else is doing ok, we all need some uneventful weeks!xx

Offline loulu28

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1364 on: 1/09/15, 17:51 »
     ^hugme^ ^hugme^
    Bubbles, how frustrating/disappointing/annoying. I think they are good numbers for amnio but i would still be concerned.

I'm a bit confused by the HCG level...4 ?

Is that NT measurement not good ? I thought a lot of clinics were concerned by levels above 3 as an internal flag/trigger for concern with bad news being more certain at above 6mm ?

You must be reeling just now :-(

^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^pray^

Offline deedee_spark

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1365 on: 1/09/15, 17:52 »
    Bubbles - I am sorry your result was a no result. Maybe look at the results this way, what would you do should the result show your child has Downs? Because if you'd chose to have the child regardless of the result, maybe don't consider the amnio test. If you couldn't face having a downs a child, maybe the test is the way to go. I guess you didn't get any results, for the other genetic issues, from the other Harmony tests?

I am sorry you are having such a hard time.

x

Offline dumbwing07

• Gold Member
    • Positive Positive Positive
    modify
    « Reply #1366 on: 1/09/15, 18:04 »
    KALM - hope your midwife appointment went well xx

swiss - glad hes decided to stay at home, you need him with you! Hope it has settled your mind a little xx

Snowy - yes its nice of them to give me it, sil has always been abit stand offish with me so it was a nice gesture. I feel ok now had plenty of food and drink, think thats all it was not eating enough as usual. It also makes me feel abit queasy when baby is having a good kicking session so darling boy wasnt helping this morning but of course i dont mind :) I got the pregnacare stretch cream free in my bounty pack and its really nice. xx

bubbles - oh dear not the result you wanted to hear, but like deedee says if you would love baby no matter what then dont have the amnio. I didnt have the NT or a harmony test. I also wonder if you got a result of anything else but then i guess also like deedee said i imagine you wouldnt have if there wasnt enough dna. Sending you my love I hope your ok. xx

Offline KALM

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1367 on: 1/09/15, 18:12 »
    Bubbles I'm so sorry that you are not any further along with knowing what to do after your results (or lack of) today.  I don't really understand all the figures myself and what each on its own means.  I'm with Deedee though, in that if your baby did have downs, how you'd approach that maybe has a bearing on what you choose to do now. It is a reassurance that the miscarriage rate is a lot lower at the hospital though.  It must be so hard to know what to do.  Someone I met the other day told me a story about a lady who got toxoplasmosis during pregnancy and all her health care professionals told her that it would have affected the baby and she should abort. But she didn't. And just as well as the baby was born perfectly healthy.  So maybe just listen to what your gut tells you to do, irrespective of what anyone else says?

Snowy yes i got to hear Baby B's heartbeat today and I recorded it on my iphone so i could listen to it back whenever i want. It was a nice 160bpm. i can't believe your midwife didn't listen for yours.. or did she know you've been listening yourself and therefore think there was no need? I had a different midwife today (3rd one I've met) and she was by far the nicest. I hope I end up with her more.  She took my blood pressure and it is actually a lot lower than it was at my booking in appointment. In the "What to expect" book it says most ladies will see a slight drop in blood pressure in the second trimester and that it rises again in the third trimester.  It says if your pressure does rise though in the 2nd trimester then it is nothing to worry about. Only if the systolic (upper number) is more than 140 and disastolic (lower one) is over 90, and stays that way for more than two readings is it anything to worry about and just means you might get monitored more closely.. especially if they also find protein in the urine, as that could possibly turn out to be pre-eclampsia.  But yours doesn't sound like anything to worry about, especially if it is still in the normal range.

I've used the burts bees mamma bee body oil and i don't find that oily, but then I don't find palmers cocoa butter oily either, so maybe thats not a help to you! Maybe you just need to rub it in more?

Swiss glad DH made the decision to stay home! How long have you been an expat for? From people i've known who've been ex pat I always thought there were good little ex pat communities going on, so other ex pat ladies may be around to be a support? Rest up well.. are you going to try to go to work tomorrow or take another day to rest?

Anyway, must get some food, am so starving today!

Offline Snowy white1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1368 on: 1/09/15, 18:15 »
    Bubbles - sorry about the inconclusive result. How frustrating!
    1.7 is a good result for NT. That was what mine was was and apparently under 3 is fine. They say that realisticly babies with DS have far higher NT measurement around 5+.

I have no idea about the hcg value unfortunately. Maybe there are lots of reasons why the score can be too high. For example I did hear that bleeding in early pregnancy can influence results.

Offline gruffan

modify
    « Reply #1369 on: 1/09/15, 20:50 »
    Quite jealous reading about everyones maternity leave policies.  I get 12 weeks, but it is unpaid so I have to use my saved sick leave and vacation leave to cover my time.  I'll be fine if I don't have to take leave until the baby is born, but with two, I feel that is not super likely.

Re:bumpers- they became illegal in the US right after we had our daughter, so I decided to stay clear.  I didn't think it was that big a deal to go without them.  Occasionally lost a dummy behind the crib, but meh.  They are cute though.

Nahla- Enjoy your break!  When do you find out about sex?

Swissbump--i'm sorry about your husband's trip.  Can you maybe call on a friend to come spend some time with you and DD and give you a break this weekend?

Deedee-I am definitely going to get a flu shot this time.  Last year's shot was useless, but they won't know until we are reasonably in flu season and it is usually better. Flu can be fatal to pregnant women/babies, so I figure I would much rather have it in the likely event that it can prevent any of the flus going around this year. 

dumbwing- I'm sorry you are feeling so cruddy.  Not so fun, sometimes, I know.

Loulu- I'm with you on the milk.  I actually add shaved chocolate to mine once a day as an afternoon thing, but I can't drink it straight up. 

Bubbles--I am so sorry that the harmony test was so useless.  I have heard in the past that if the person doing your amnio is very experienced, the rate is much lower, so it would make sense to me that the NHS has better stats, as they probably have someone who specializes in it. 

AFM- I may be coming down with a cold.  Boo.  I've had a friend visiting for the last couple of weeks, and we are all going on vacation next week.  Really nice to have an extra pair of adult hands around. The boys have started kicking, which is lovely, but this is so much harder than my pregnancy with DD.