* Author Topic: BFP - Due date January / February 2016  (Read 81103 times)

0 Members

Offline KALM

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - Due date January / February 2016
« Reply #1380 on: 2/09/15, 20:39 »
It can be awful can't it Cookson! Touch wood I've had a few mostly heartburn free days this week.. Just the odd little bit and not bad enough to need to take anything. Seems like a few people are starting to get some aches and pains...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline bubbles212

modify
    « Reply #1381 on: 2/09/15, 20:57 »
    Hi ladies
    Cookson - I had terrible heartburn with my daughter and spent 7 months eating Rennies, as the gaviscon used to come back up. The old wives tale is a hairy baby, and I confirm my daughter had a full head of very thick hair which needed cutting by the time she was 6 weeks old as it was in her eyes.
    I have been to the hospital today and had a very thorough scan where lots of measurements were taken, everything looking normal, and the baby looking like it is long limbed. We have put off doing the amnio until next week as the risks reduce massively from 15 to 16 weeks xx

Offline Nahla

• Gold Member
    • life's what happens while you're busy making plans
    modify
    « Reply #1382 on: 2/09/15, 21:37 »
    bubbles, honestly, if everything looks normal in scsn I would not do the amnio... I did not do those blood tests in my last pregnancy and trusted the sonographer... and everything was fine. I strongly believe, if there is an anomaly you would see something in the scan...

Offline shamrockgal

modify
    « Reply #1383 on: 2/09/15, 22:37 »
    Hey ladies blimey theres so many of you in this post... trying to catch up your news my memory is so shocking lol.  I hadnt been well past few weeks, I had a phone from the hospital sayin I had kidney infection so I had antibiotics for it but it made me feel total crap, felt really run down,  bad attack of miagraine. It was awful! But now im feeling so so much better :) getting results tmw so hopefully it clears up but I had the symptoms again  earlier today so hoping it hasnt returned!

Hey kalm, if I was you, wait till round about november December time so it'll give you more time  go through what you really think its best. I totally get where yr coming from, we had a look at them last weekend and there seems to be lots of choices for bedding.

Ive notice theres plastic cover on top of rail...its just to stop the child biting the rail :) . I think we're gonna go for cotbed, apparently theres not much difference in sizes between cot and cotbed (they looked similar to me), and having spoke to some women, they're saying cotbed is better in long run so when the child gets to whatever the age they are ready for next stage, wee child will recognise its their own and will adopt quickly....my friend had a cot for her child and she regret getting it cos her son wont sleep in his new bed and ended up having to sleep with the parents! So it kinda swayed me looking into it.

Im really really confused prams....though one thing tho we def go for travel system...its just so many brands out there, we came home feeling ever confused!! Soooo Ive signed up which? online cos I want to pick the best pram that is out there.....my hubby thinks im mad lol.
    Have thought what prams yr getting? Seems to be so expensive just for using 6 months!

Big hellos to yous all :)
    Xx

Offline Laura2009

modify
    « Reply #1384 on: 3/09/15, 16:54 »
    Hi everyone, 

Not posted on here for ages. Haven't managed to scroll through yet. Hope everyone is doing well and your pregnancies are all progressing well?

I had my 20 week scan on Tuesday. My naughty baby wouldn't cooperate so having to go back in the next 2-3 weeks for a rescan to check everything is ok and all the measurements are fine. Said everything looked normal but she couldn't finish all the measurements on baby's heart etc. The sonographer also said that the baby's tummy was measuring large (hope that's not a  sign for me having a huge baby!). Oh and we are also staying team cream  :)

Offline RowanJan

• Just breathe
    modify
    « Reply #1385 on: 3/09/15, 21:47 »
    Hi all,

I've been slowly catching up on all your news and so much has happened. Hope everybody is continuing to thrive.

Laura, I had exactly the same experience. I had my scan yesterday and due the baby lying with arms crossed over the chest and an anterior placenta the sonographer couldn't measure the heart. Both me and my DH were getting nervous because I could tell the sonographer wasn't happy so it was a massive relief that it was just a naughty baby and big cushiony placenta (and my jelly belly) getting in the way. We're due back in a couple of weeks but she said from what she could see everything looked normal. Plus silver lining I get to see the baby again.

The baby did deign to open his legs and as you might have guessed from the pronoun we're having a little boy. I was surprised as I've been convinced from day 1 that he is a she. But I'm genuinely thrilled - especially as I get to go shopping. It does also mean my record of guessing completely wrongly the sex of every unborn baby I come across remains intact :) We're having a gender reveal party this weekend - very American I know, but I'm really excited to tell close family and best friends.

Grey, can when you get a mo can you update me to team blue on the front page x

Has anyone else found that they can't stomach large portions anymore? I've found several times that my eyes are bigger than my stomach and that I feel sicky unless I eat little and often. Is it normal?

Hugs to everybody else and take care xxx

Offline KALM

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1386 on: 3/09/15, 23:23 »
    Rowan, congrats on joining team blue and yes, it is completely normal to only manage smaller portions now. I probably eat a bit more in a day than I used to (more snacks are needed as I get starving, particularly mid afternoon), but I can't eat as much in one go as before. It's because all our organs are being pushed up to make room for baby.

Hi Laura! At least your naughty baby means you get to see him/her a couple times within a few weeks!nwas sonographers comment about the stomach size just in passing, or something they wanted to keep an eye on for next time?

Shamrockgal, sorry to hear about the kidney infection, sounds nasty. How were the results today, is it all cleared up? Not all cots have that plastic teething rail.. But someone else said if it's not there you can buy padded things to attach over the bar when they start teething. I'm also signed up to which since the start of the year... I haven't looked at pram info on there yet. I looked at cot beds but they didn't have that many reviews and the ones there were a few years old.mbut there were some useful pointers about what to look out for when buying one.

I was just thinking, this time next year we'll all have 6 month olds or more! Can you imagine! ;)

Hi to everyone else.

Offline Snowy white1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1387 on: 4/09/15, 23:56 »
    Rowanjan and Laura - sorry to hear about your naughty babies. Good that everything looked normal and you get to see your LOs again soon.
    My baby is also naughty in scans so in wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens to me at my 20 week scan next week. DH keeps saying like mother like daughter!

I also can't stomach large meals despite being hungry all the time. Also for the last couple of days I've had stomach ache and gas after meals. Pregnancy is so sexy!

Shamrockgal - I'm also confused about prams and a visit to Mothercare made it worse. I need to look properly but so far I think I want a 3 wheeler as I plan to walk a lot 'off road', and probably won't use much public transport. I like iCandy but I think that's mainly for aesthetic reasons.

Bubbles - glad the scan was good. Hopefully that puts your mind at rest a bit and hopefully there's nothing to worry about at the end of the day.

Cookson and Kalm - my heart burn seems to have cleared up. Must have been the ice cream!

AFM - told a few more friends about the pregnancy today. Still hate telling people in case something goes wrong. Hopefully I'll be happier telling people after the 20 week scan next week.

Offline loulu28

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1388 on: 5/09/15, 08:24 »
    Snowy, I went for the icandy three wheeler, can't wait to use it, it is sitting up in the loft. I went to mothercare and johnlewis and neither had one to show me. I ended up at an independent retailer and was delighted to have saved about 200 on the whole kit...i say saved...got a free car seat which is compatible.

:-)

modify
    « Reply #1389 on: 5/09/15, 09:37 »
    Morning ladies

Dragon - how is the pain the last few days?

Buttons - we're still debating what to do on the house move and whether we want to stretch ourselves while I'm on Mat leave  :-\ great news on the midwife app x

Dumbwing - how did the class go?

Cookson - are you feeling any better?

Bubbles - scan sounds good, hope any further testing goes well x

Shamrock - glad you're feeling better! Pram buying is a mine field! I did loads of research last year and the uppababy vista is a good all rounder. I didn't end up buying it in the end as DP was surprisingly intetested and 'wowed' by the Joolz at the baby show so we got that, but my SIL and a few people I know have one and really like it.

Laura - naughty wriggly baby! Hope you have more success at your next scan!

Rowangate - another cheeky baby! A boy, lovely! Boys are great!

Lou Lou sounds like you got a good deal there!

Hi to everyone else x

Afm - thought I'd got over the worst of the nausea and appetite loss but had a rough day yesterday and was sick again this morning argggh! Got to start testing my blood sugars soon as I was borderline gestational diabetic last time and they're just treating me as dibetic this time without the glucose test  :( Dreading it as some days all I feel like is sweet, others savoury so I'm sure my sugars will be all over the place. Good news this morning I had my downs result as low risk, 1 in 5700 so that's a relief. Looking forward to finding out the sex two weeks today then roll on the 20 week scan!