* Author Topic: BFP - Due date January / February 2016  (Read 81098 times)

0 Members

Offline cookson17

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - Due date January / February 2016
« Reply #1390 on: 5/09/15, 10:07 »
Feeling much better thanks 10 fingers.

Just had my downs screening back 1:3200. I had my embryos pgs tested and was told they were chromosomaly ok.So was t really concerned.

Midwife appointment on Wednesday 16 weeks....not sure what to expect!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline dumbwing07

• Gold Member
    • Positive Positive Positive
    modify
    « Reply #1391 on: 5/09/15, 11:28 »
    cookson17 - glad your feeling better, I suffer bad with it to and also need the gaviscon! Glad your results are back and all is well! must be a weight off! They will just test your wee, bp and listen to baby. Thats all they did at mine anyway xx

bubbles212 - i really agree with Nahla dont do the amnio hun xx

Shamrockgal - glad you are feeling better hun! Nothing worse than being poorly and pregnant. Get a travel system, ive got a quinny one that lasts until they are older. Mine has the car seat, carry cot bit and the older buggy part too. It will last until he is walking. xx

Laura2009 - congrats on having a great 20wk scan, naughty baby but guess its ok if your staying team cream! xx

Rowanjan - whoop welcome to team blue and congrats glad you had a good scan and all went well i have to go back for a growth scan but like you said its another peek into babys little world lol! Somedays I can eat full meals other days I just have to eat slowly or pick at my food lol xx

KALM - thats an amazing thought, I try to imagine what hes going to look like and how im gonna feel being a mum but its still so surreal! xx

Snowywhite1 - lol i have gas all the time its terrible haha poor dh but he doesnt mind, there is nothing glam about pregnancy is there! Everyone knows im pregnant around me just because i got married when I was 14wks and I have seen most of my family since, also I have a round bump so theres no mistaking it xx

10fingers - Class was fantastic, we learnt so much DH was transfixed lol it lasted 2.5hrs and was only about going into labour and when to go to hospital etc but was more than worth it. They go through absolutley everything with you over 3 classes. I didnt know how amazing our bodies and the baby is when going through labour! Also they say we should all have either a water birth or leaning over the back of the bed on our knees, when we lay down we lay on our tail bone which curves up and makes delivering baby harder. If any of you are from south yorkshire/north lincolnshire you should look them up! www.birthoptions.co.uk. So glad your results were fine and hope you dont get diabetes! xx

I went to my best friends wedding yesterday it was amazing! Also loved my antenatal classes as you can tell above lol hope your all well, im at work as usual! xxx

Offline Dragonfly32

modify
    « Reply #1392 on: 6/09/15, 09:08 »
    Good Morning everyone!

Hanh - Congratulations on team blue! Thanks for putting those links up, I had a look at them this morning, they are really good!

Shamrockgirl - Prams seem to be a minefield. We quite liked the Bugaboo Buffalo and Stokke Trailz as we wanted to be able to use it off road and one of my main wants is that it is high up (both were out of our price range!). However, we had a play with the Uppababy Vista, and that is far more reasonable in price and folded so easily. Also you can use adapters to raise the carrycot/seat even higher which for me is perfect (and even add another seat on if you ever needed to). Huge shopping basket too! My plan is get a pram I can use comfortably and has plenty of room so I have no excuse but to get out and about walking. DH wants to buy a pram now, but have managed to convince him to hold off for another couple of months!

10fingers - I had my physio appointment last week. It seems my pelvis is causing more problems that I had realised but the physio gave me some exercises, a brace, a support to wear at night and lots of advice. So I am ensuring my knees stay together when I get in and out the car, off the sofa, out of bed etc. Also got a yoga ball and have some exercises to do on that each day, plus its really comfy just to sit on. Once I pumped the ball up my dog was convinced that I had just bought him the best present ever - was so funny!!!!

RowanJan - congrats on finding out being team blue :)

Dumbwing - Your antenatal class sounds great, mine doesn't start until the beginning of November it lasts for a month, so I am thinking there will be a lot of sorting out and buying in November! I am thinking they will give us so much sensible advice. I definitely wanted a water birth or even just a pool, but there is only one at my hospital and its only for midwife led, so not sure I will get my way. Are you finding your bump is just growing consistently or do you notice any growth spurts? My physio on Thursday said 'are you sure you're pregnant?' - great thanks lol I did tell her I was normally slimmer than this haha. I can't wait to look properly pregnant rather than just someone who has been fed up very well. I guess they start measuring our tummies at the 24 week midwife app? Do you know much about that? (I sense you are our insider with the midwife relative :) )

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, sorry if I have missed anyone. Stunning day down in the south this morning! xx

Offline dumbwing07

• Gold Member
    • Positive Positive Positive
    modify
    « Reply #1393 on: 6/09/15, 09:30 »
    Dragonfly32 - Yes its fantastic Its quite expensive but midwife aunt paid for it and insisted we went lol ive just booked an extra session that is about breathing and relaxation through birth, I guess every little helps, you will start to be measured at 26 weeks and Everyone is different, my bump has been the same for a while now, i was worried i werent getting fatter yet and aunty said its because everyone is different and especially taller people have more room for baby so you dont tend to get as big a bump as some people might. I wouldnt worry, im not he still kicks hell outta me lol its just quite low down. Mother in law felt him kicking last night it was a nice moment for her! Hope your ok the weather here is vile. Hello to the rest of you hope your all ok! Im at work again today but my in laws are ordering his cot today Yey! Gotta go get some safety goggles for hubby as he is using no goggles as an excuse for not having sanded the ceiling yet! xXx

Offline RowanJan

• Just breathe
    modify
    « Reply #1394 on: 6/09/15, 10:28 »
    Shamrockgal, I hope your kidney infection clears up soon. If your still feeling a lot of pain might be worth going back for more antiobiotics. I had a series of kidney infections due to a cyst a number of years ago and often when the infection had moved to my kidneys it would take two courses of antibiotics to clear up. We went for a cotbed too. My bestie who has a four year old was saying he's still sleeping in his. Plus we don't have a huge amount of money so any baby gear we can extend the use out or get second-hand we are.

KALM, really glad I'm not alone on feeling a bit stuffed after eating. I teared up after reading your comment about how next year we'll have 6 months ago. This still doesn't feel real in an amazing have a sleep walked into a dream kind of way. But I'm guessing a screaming little bundle will help with that feeling  ;)

Snowywhite, glad I'm not alone on the naughty baby front. Good luck on your next scan, I know how nervewracking it can be. Hopefully getting the all clear will mean you can tell people you want to. The sonographer advised me to have ice cream before the next scan because it's cold and sugary and hopefully will wake the baby up. And I'm not one to refuse a direct order.

Loulou, independent stores are great aren't they? We've found lots of baby gear for a fraction of the price.

10fingers, very cheeky indeed! It was massive surprise because I've only got sisters and my aunty and uncle only have girls too. But very excited. Great news about your NT results. Sorry you're still feeling rotten, it's horrendous. I think it's worth being practical on those days and just eating what you can stomach. I'm well into my second trimester and, crossed fingers, feeling a lot better I still have days when I can only eat one specific very thing. I've been trying to eat a low GI diet since I've been feeling better because we have a history of diabetes in my family and I found this thread really useful:
    https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=338127.0

Cookson massive relief on the results! Yep mine was the same as dumbwings a pee test, bp and listen to the baby. Bring along any questions you might have as well. I completely spaced when they asked me if there was anything I wanted to know. And then as I was walking home thought of a hundred things I should have asked.

Dumbwing exactly, it's so nice to see them again. I'm sorta glad home ultrasounds are ridiculously expensive because otherwise it would baby TV 24/7 at ours. Your classes sound amazing. My mums a yoga teacher and has already impressed the necessity of active birth and not lying down! It makes sense when you think about it. We're down south sadly but I've booked up to the NCT ones, the NHS free ones, the breastfeeding ones - I'm an information junkie is what I'm saying :) Hope you have a good weekend when you finally get out of work x

Dragonfly thanks! It was so lovely to see him again. I'm still dithering on which travel system to get but am definitely getting a travel system. Which is a lot more certainty than a month ago. Ooh will check the Uppababy Vista out. It's glorious down here too - we're in Brighton. Where in the south are you based?

I've created a lilypie ticker but how do I get it to show on my profile (complete teccie novice here)?

To everybody else, have a lovely weekend

modify
    « Reply #1395 on: 6/09/15, 10:43 »
    Hi ladies will catch up properly later but just wanted to mention for those interested in finding out more about active births/relaxation/yoga, there is a great antenatal class run by the daisy foundation, though probsbly not UK wide....I did 4 terms during my last pregnancy and if nothing else, it's 1.5 hours a week to relax and completely focus on baby. I didn't have the birth I wanted last time but the techniques certainly helped me through the early stages of labour so might be worth a look x

Offline loulu28

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1396 on: 6/09/15, 10:53 »
    tickers:

http://lilypie.com/Pregnancy_step1.php

go through the dates thing after selecting favoured design and then copy the code using the last option in forums (it begins pseudo BB) or something...

lou

x

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline Snowy white1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1397 on: 6/09/15, 15:31 »
    Thanks Loulu

Offline RowanJan

• Just breathe
    modify
    « Reply #1398 on: 6/09/15, 17:44 »
    Thanks Loulu, you're a star.

Ooh 10fingers will google that. Thanks x

Offline Nahla

• Gold Member
    • life's what happens while you're busy making plans
    modify
    « Reply #1399 on: 6/09/15, 21:38 »
    Hi ladies,
    just a short one as I am almost dleeping snd only have phone.

dragonfly, if you ever come to Germany and want to buy my buffalo let me know... its almost unused and complete. I will need a double one right now... 😀

nothing really new here except that DS wants to be carried a lot and I hope it does no harm...

xx