* Author Topic: BFP - Due date January / February 2016  (Read 81089 times)

0 Members

Offline cookson17

• Gold Member
modify
BFP - Due date January / February 2016
« Reply #1400 on: 7/09/15, 06:22 »
Hi Ladies,

I have my first Aqua natal class tonight and have booked to a pregnancy relaxation course on Wednesday. booked the very expensive NCT classes as well.it will be two Saturday's and a Monday night.

Thinking of having another scan next weekend...will be 16w on Wednesday and really can't face waiting until 20 weeks!!

When did everyone start to feel movement?

Hope you are all ok xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline loulu28

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1401 on: 7/09/15, 07:06 »
    Cookson, I think i went for a gender scan at 16 weeks !

Movement: still not really feeling any definite kicks ... just some wind type flutters....

20 week scan today ! Roll on 11am.
    xx

Offline Dragonfly32

modify
    « Reply #1402 on: 7/09/15, 07:59 »
    Good morning ladies

Good luck today Loulu!

Movement - I got the 'wind type' flutters Loulu mentions from about 19weeks, very gentle and I think if I was moving around I would have missed them. The movement I am feeling is still not that strong at all, but that is probably due to my placenta being at the front. I am still waiting for a pattern to establish (which the consultant had said to me will happen between 25-28 weeks when I have been told to start the 'kick counting' / awareness of when it is or when it isn't happening).

Cookson - I don't blame you wanting a 16week scan, 20 weeks is soo long to wait after 12 week scan. I had one at 16 weeks, definitely worth it :)

Nahla - thanks for your offer :) you should look into selling it on ebay or similar, people are selling them second hand for a good amount, it seems they really hold their value.

RowanJan - I am on the Hampshire/Surrey border. It's another beautiful day today here :) The vista did allow a maxicosi car seat just to clip on, I think someone else has said this before but if you go to an independent store I think you get a better deal, they seem more willing to throw extra things in which is always a bonus!

Dumbwing - which cot did you decide on in the end? The movement I get it generally low down too or on my sides, but still so gentle, definitely wouldn't feel it if I was moving around. I think in a few weeks it'll be more obvious for me :)

Just some information I thought I'd share (I am one that is behind the times so excuse my ignorance if everyone is already aware)... I recently joined ebay (a friend recommended it for maternity clothes) and there are loads of 'bundles' of maternity clothes. I guess they hardly get worn, so all seem in good condition, really cheap. Then I thought I would search baby clothes - there are hundreds of bundles of baby clothes, again I imagine the newborn/0-3 month sizes have hardly been worn as I hear they grow out of them so quickly.

Anterior Placentas - I met a lady a couple of days ago who was 38 weeks pregnant and we got talking and the placenta thing came up, she has said she still hardly gets any movement. I was really shocked, but thought I would share in case anyone else comes across this and wants reassurance :)

Hope everyone has a lovely day xxx

Offline dumbwing07

• Gold Member
    • Positive Positive Positive
    modify
    « Reply #1403 on: 7/09/15, 09:40 »
    Rowanjan - Thats great that your mum promotes the right birth techniques too! Apparently if everyone was on the same page and didn't lay us on our backs there would be less "slow labours" and C sections needed! Glad you've booked on loads of classes, metoo im also an info junkie when it comes to baby the more I know the more I feel prepared! Hope you are well xx

cookson17 - Hope your class is fab tonight and glad your doing lots of classes too! They are great! Aww wait until your 20weeks it wont be long! I felt baby from 16 weeks, it was like tumbling rolling feeling in my tummy. Then from about 18/19 weeks he has kicked properly. DH can feel him kicking now, he kicks really hard! lol xx

Loulu - whoop hope all goes well, so exciting I loved my 20 week scan! xx

Dragonfly32 - Its just a pine cot bed with a drop side and 3 different levels. Its also got teething rails. Its not got drawers underneath but you can get storage boxes that fit under the cot so does the same job. Its nothing fancy just one from Argos, they have a baby event on and it had 50 off plus our inlaws have bought it for us so didnt wanna ask for anything too much. Hope your ok! xx

Offline Snowy white1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1404 on: 7/09/15, 11:11 »
    Cookson - I started to feel something like flutters at about 17-18 weeks. It could have been wind though and only ever felt it when lying still. At about 19 weeks I started feeling what I think is proper movement. It feels like someone very little is poking me from inside! Can still only feel it when sitting or lying still. It does surprise me how often I feel it though. She doesn't seem to ever sleep!

I also had a scan at 17 weeks as I couldn't wait!
    I'm supposed to move to my local hospitals but they do no scans after 20 weeks. How will I cope?!
    Considering staying where I am as they do one at about 30 weeks.

Offline dumbwing07

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1405 on: 7/09/15, 11:37 »
    Snowywhite1 - I went straight into normal hospital routine straight after id had a 6wk scan at the ivf clinic. As hard as it is, its also nice to be treat like a normal pregnant lady. I had a 9wk, 12wk and 20wk scan and ill have another at 28wks (they are doing a growth scan) but id rather be left too it. Dont you want to be left too it? So theres some sort of normality to all this? Have you got a doppler? xxx

Offline Snowy white1

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1406 on: 7/09/15, 12:21 »
    Dumbwing - I do have a Doppler which does bring me lots of peace of mind. I'm not sure I want to be left to it or treated normally though! I just seem to need a lot of reassurance in pregnancy. Not sure if it's because of the IVF or the scare at the start but I've become a real worrier!
    If I have to spend a bit of money on private scans I don't mind too much. It's worth it for peace of mind and to keep me sane!

Offline loulu28

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1407 on: 7/09/15, 12:52 »
    scan: mostly ok...just worryingly little amniotic fluid, in the <5th percentile....

dr google is not helping

:-)

rescan next week.

Offline dumbwing07

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1408 on: 7/09/15, 13:36 »
    Snowywhite1 - the doppler and the kicking helped me settle loads. Everyone is different tho and I totally get where your coming from :) xx

Loulu28 - did you already know sex of baby? Im sure everything will be fine with the low amnio. Ive read that women have been advised to drink lots of water and its improved! What did they say to you? xx

Offline loulu28

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1409 on: 7/09/15, 13:50 »
    I drink loads already..always peeing. I asked whether there was anything I could do, not really was the upshot. On the upside, kidney function and bladder seem fine so hopefully it is a blip.

Reassuring to be having more scans...he suggested it would be weekly from here on in...Just need to hold on for 12 weeks... i'd be happy with that...