* Author Topic: Donor Egg at Reprofit and Zlin  (Read 614 times)

0 Members

Offline gumdrops

modify
Donor Egg at Reprofit and Zlin
« on: 5/04/20, 17:37 »
Hi,

Anybody with experience of donor egg at either Zlin or Reprofit, please could you tell me how many donor eggs were collected, how many fertilised, grading and how many you were left to freeze, if any.

We have just had a donor egg cycle in UK ending in poor results.

Thanks,

Gumdrops x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 5/04/20, 20:48 »
    Hi, I went to zlin and started the zlin cycling thread about 7 yrs ago now, I got 10 eggs with all ten fertilising and we got 4 day 5 blasts, transferred two and froze two.
    Iím pretty sure the majority of girls get around 10 mature eggs, but I think they cover themselves on the website and say at least 8. They also guarantee 2 day 5 top grade embryos. 🙂

Offline gumdrops

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 6/04/20, 09:40 »
    Hi Stacey,

Thank you for your reply, thatís a great result.  How are they able to guarantee two top quality blasts? We would be using partners sperm.

Thanks,

Gemma.

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 7/04/20, 02:16 »
    I donít know Iím not an embryologist, but thatís what they guarantee, and Iíve only seen one or two people not get that out of everyone thatís cycles.

Offline gumdrops

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 7/04/20, 07:13 »
    Hi Stacey,

Thank you for your reply.

;D well thatís really good to hear that they guarantee good quality blasts as thatís something Iíve never had, with OE or DE.  In hindsight I wish we had travelled abroad for DE in the first place as even if it still had failed I would at least be further forward with answers.

I have been looking at how I would travel to either Zlin or Reprofit.  I am from the Northeast and it seems quite difficult to get there.  I could get a flight to Prague but then itís quite a journey once there.

Obviously I know it wonít be for a while with everything at the minute, Iím just doing a bit of research in the meantime.

Thanks again Stacey x

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 7/04/20, 10:09 »
    I came from Australia and found it very easy, I flew into Prague and then itís a very easy train trip of  about 2 hours to zlin. You can also fly into vienna or Brno, all the trains run on time from any of these places, or alternatively you can catch the student agency buses, which have wifi, toilets etc on board and are just as good as the trains. Once you make up your mind, itís very easy to organise etc 🙂 the clinic actually has a hotel onsite which makes everything super easy as you just go down to the next floor and have your transfer and can go straight back up to your room to rest afterwards, also makes it easy for d/hís sample as he can do it in the room and then drop it off down the hallway etc. itís a small university town, so many people go to Prague or Vienna for a couple of days inbetween to get some holiday feel to which can be relaxing.