* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 111028 times)

0 Members

Offline Mammy86

modify
Gennet Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #100 on: 12/06/15, 17:55 »
Awh congrats jellie, what fab news:):)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Idlikemagic

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #101 on: 13/06/15, 07:27 »
    Jellie twin girls rock - tar it from a lady with experience 😉 as sporty said all those ideas will come into fruition now - it's a very special time - enjoy 💕💕

Offline RB76

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #102 on: 15/06/15, 14:33 »
    Just wanted to say a quick hello, and congrats to all the ladies recently joining the thread :)

We have had a difficult last few weeks as both myself and DD were very poorly with a virus, DD subsequently ended up ambulanced into hospital due to breathing difficulties and a chest infection, so we were there for a week, very scary and a reminder of the time we spent in hospital when she was born.

We were very shaken by the experience and have decided to do a freeze all on our cycle in August, hopefully we will get at least a couple of good blasts to freeze and return for at a later date. The bottom line is that another pregnancy is a risk for me and as we don't have child care other than myself and DH it would be irresponsible to risk my hospitalisation whilst DD is so small and vulnerable. We may well wait another couple of years and see how things pan out.

Anyway just an update from me, apologies for lack of personals, I find it hard to keep up and obviously twin stuff is a bit tricky for me x

Offline Jeanette2

modify
    « Reply #103 on: 17/06/15, 13:53 »
    RB76 - what a scare, am sure it must have brought flashbacks. Do hope your DD is fully recovered now & up and about again. Sorry you're having to postpone treatment but completely understand your reasons and think it's a responsible decision you've made.

Offline herewegoagain003

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #104 on: 17/06/15, 17:16 »
    RB, what a horrible week for you and DD. I completely understand you wanting to wait to cycle. Hopefully there will be a time in the future that it is a better fit in your life. Glad DD is doing well now.

Jellie, how wonderful for you!

Pbal, I think your midwife is a loon or the very least an alarmist. Everyone who has IF treatments typically have prednisone supplement and I believe the cleft palate risk is very low. How ridiculous for her to scare you. Might be worth exploring another midwife before you get much further along. There are enough scares along this journey for her to invite more in your head.

Offline theodora

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #105 on: 17/06/15, 23:59 »
    What a nightmare, RB. Hope all is well now & you are feeling better about things. I totally understand where you are coming from, & hope the cycle this summer won't be too anxiety-inducing. Sounds like you have a great plan, leaving all options open.

Offline PBAL

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #106 on: 17/06/15, 23:59 »
    Hi ladies

Hope you are all doing well?
    RB look after yourself and your daughter. In regards to cycling you have to do what is right for you xxxx

Herewego I am going to consider swapping my midwife.  I don't want someone who will scare me all the time. Thanks xxx

Mammy. I tried to pm you. However your in box is full. I can't believe it also that we are 12 weeks on Friday xxx

I have my booking in scan tomorrow and I'm petrified.

Graduate ladies please could I take some advice.

I have started to reduce the progesterone at 11 weeks as I was on lots after my bleeds. I will from 12 weeks reduce the progesterone very slowly to 15 weeks but this is only because I have issues with progesterone. Does this sound okay? However  I'm not sure how to reduce the oestrogen.  I am on 3 x 2mg tabs a day and 1 hormone patch every 3rd day. Any suggestions or thoughts welcome.

Thanks

Pbal xxx

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #107 on: 18/06/15, 05:09 »
    Honey I would check with your clinic  ^hugme^
    xx

Offline theodora

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 18/06/15, 08:32 »
    Estrogen can be stopped cold turkey & I am sure that this is what Gen0net or your local doc will say. You'll see, it'll be so strange to be off meds! But pregnancy is not an illness!

Offline Mammy86

modify
    « Reply #109 on: 18/06/15, 16:40 »
    Oh Pbal so it was, I just deleted some now:) best f luck with your scan tomorrow, I had mine on Monday and my little babs was measuring 12weeks then so we are over the moon!! Just so greatful that this has finally worked for us!

I too am nervous about coming off the meds, emailed Leona today but Dr Danek is away until Tuesday, she said if I wanted to continue everything until then I could, she also said that the meds generally are not needed after 10weeks but they just say 12 to be sure! I also can't wait to be off them:):)