* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 107507 times)

0 Members

Offline Idlikemagic

• Gold Member
modify
Gennet Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #150 on: 25/07/15, 06:33 »
Jellie I was tiny with twins and my girls weighed 6-71/2 and 5-15lb you carry with much less moaning if you're compact hun 😄

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lizzo

modify
    « Reply #151 on: 26/07/15, 22:19 »
    Hi All.

Sorry I've not been in touch with those who replied a little while ago, I was on holidays in Portugal then back and straight off to Prague for ET same week so was a bit crazy. But thank you to those who replied to me, really appreciated it.

So have been on x3 Progynova  a day, x1Buserelin and had just started cyclogest that day.
    They had me on that protocol and I flew out to Prague and couldn't believe it but the next day i came on my period. I was shocked and gutted, as they cancelled it.
    They said it could be my body grew a resistance to medication, a cyst/enlarged follicle in my right ovary, or an infection.
    The next morning I was in excruciating pain in my lower abdomen pelvic area and was really sick etc.

Im really confused this has happened and don't  want this to happen again obviously. I did have this protocol before with city fertility not so long ago and came on my period then.
    Prague said this could happen again.
    I'm  seeing my consultant on Friday so will see what he says.

Was just wondering if anyone else has had this or any advise please?
    Its my 6th attempt and kinda feeling like ive had enough and maybe its not meant to be.

Thank you for reading x

Offline Offthewall

• Gennet - Team 2016
    modify
    « Reply #152 on: 27/07/15, 12:42 »
    Lizzo - Have posted the same reply on the Cycle Buddies thread but answering on here too, just in case, to try and reassure you.

I had this very same thing happen to me, 6 days before my planned ET. It did turn out to be a cyst in an unruptured follicle.  I was given birth control pills for 3 months and this cleared it up. I was given the all clear to do another ET, which was my 7th attempt. It was successful! Don't get too disheartened. Gennet should be able to resolve things for you. Best of luck! x

Offline Jelliebabe

• Gold Member
    • 41 married one Cat! We are all amatuers
    modify
    « Reply #153 on: 2/08/15, 21:00 »
    Hi everyone!  We're all very quiet!  Which I guess means we're all well and busy with bubs.  ;D

How are you ladies?  Fee how are you doing?  Sporty?  Hire was your interview?  Did you get it?  Magic - what have you been up to with the twincesses?  Pbal and Gills!  Hope you're both doing well!  How far on are you now?  Must be 2nd trimester now!!!

I've started to feel a bit overwhelmed with everything we have to do.  So I've taken a long weekend to do a few things.  Went to Bumpstart on Friday!  Thanks for the tip sporty, they were really helpful. I think I'm got to go for the out n about nipper.  I think I just prefer the side by side pram.  In-laws have offered to pick up the tab too!  How generous  ;D

We had a full day yesterday of NCT class and then on to a BBQ.  Housework and mum over for a BBQ today and going to finish the painting in the nursery tomorrow.  Just the wood to do, wall sticker to apply and might try to figure out the cot!  Then I've done the same for the bank holiday weekend so will hopefully start to feel a bit more ahead  :). And I'm having a lie in tomorrow.... Well if the little misses let me.

Ps loving the NCT group and the class is great!

Offline Idlikemagic

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #154 on: 2/08/15, 23:01 »
    Oh how exciting Jellie I so remember these days - I know of miss the excitement of the build up now (with the reality that I'll Probably never have that time again) but oh my the girls at 4 months are cuter than cute - ava is so so chatty and shrieks with laughter all the time.bea is super cute
    With this little coi smile bless her. Parents are up tomorrow for the week to lend some helping hands 👍 say them in their high chair for the first time This weekend and am going to start spoon and bowl play ready for weaning.

Jellie do check out the social media sites under the pushchair name you like eg bugaboo uk as there really are some
    Amazing bargains on there and prams which look brand new! You can save yourself a small
    Fortune. I am loving the bugaboo donkey I have to say and picked it up for 900 it nearly costs 2k new..... And love the fact I can change the hood colours etc. The sun shade on these prams are fantastic which has been so so important with the sunshine as the little ladies just hate direct sun on their faces bless them and of course you just want to protect their little skin at all costs.

Assisie - fee - bundles how are you all doing?

It is super super quiet on here xx

Offline Sporty_girlie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #155 on: 3/08/15, 10:43 »
    Good choice on pushchair Jellie.  I always thought the Mountain buggy was also a good contender to the Nipper.  All that said, I think everyone hear knows I love my Donkey and you can get them 2nd hand for a reasonable price.  900 for a Donkey seems steep.  It must have been fully loaded with accessories. 

Magic - lovely to hear the girls are progressing.

Baby Sport is also doing well.  He cut his 5th tooth at the weekend.  He looks like a cute hippo when he smiles.  He is also trying to stand now and crawls backwards.  Well more, slides commando style backwards.  But it's lovely to see him passion to try.

The interviews are progressing.  I am up to interview 10 at one place.  I was hoping they'd make a decision before the weekend, but everything has slowed down as they've asked the other candidate back for another interview.  There were 8 of us, and now we're down to just the 2 of us.  I was excited about it, but I am now going off the boil and have managed to convince myself the other guy will get it.

Other than that, I've been offered one commuting job in Frankfurt - which clearly doesn't work with BS.  One relocation job in Zurich - which my DH has refused to consider a relocation.  However, the Zurich company are now talking to me about whether I work from home, but travel out for 2 days every 2 weeks.  So I'm due to fly out there for interviews once the main guy is back from holiday in a couple of weeks.

Overall though, it's time consuming and expensive in terms of travel and emotion.  I just want a job now so I can move on with life and the next stage.  Plus I've had to agree to put BS full-time in nursery from Sept to secure a place for him.  So I'll be burning my savings on nursery fees which adds to the pressure in finding something.  Not to mention if I'm not working I'd like to have spent more than the weekend with him....  Arh....  I wish I'd stayed in work and just had a simple maternity leave situation.

Offline Idlikemagic

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #156 on: 4/08/15, 07:17 »
    Oh sporty it sounds exhausting. Hang on in there though maybe a workable solution is just round the corner 👍

Yep my donkey was fully loaded and the newest black frame - extendable goods, breezy goods etc so all in all a great price - I am loving it apart from the odd occasion when it won't fit somewhere or when cars park right up on the curb 😬😬😬😬

Offline Jelliebabe

• Gold Member
    • 41 married one Cat! We are all amatuers
    modify
    « Reply #157 on: 4/08/15, 17:01 »
    LOL I may have to investigate the donkey more carefully - my Mum stopped a lady in the supermarket and asked her about her pram and it was a bugaboo!   ;D  She thought it was lovely!

Offline theodora

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #158 on: 4/08/15, 17:44 »
    We are still here, I read the posts but usually don't have time to actually compose a message back, sorry. When awake our boy LOVES to take over my computer, so I try not to have him see me on it during the day or he comes to start trying to type & click & see what happens... He is taking his daily nap now, a bit late, so I have a few minutes....

We are getting 5-6 teeth at the same time, & our boy makes himself throw up when we give him liquid meds, so it has been tough. But 3 have already poked through (bottom canines & 1 top molar, waiting on top canines & maybe more molars which are trying to poke out), & we have sometimes been able to give crushed ibuprofen pills in applesauce, so we are surviving. But he is constantly seesawing between laughter & tears due to pain, so it is exhausting for everyone involved.

Still breastfeeding, altho during the day that is not very often. At night he still wakes up constantly for a quick nurse, I can hardly believe I am still around & okay after 15 months of this but we are fine! We gave up on seperate rooms & the cot bed as otherwise I'd wake up & not be able to fall back asleep, now we cosleep, he cries, I feed, we all sleep, it's on automatic pilot.

We got a morning spot at the creche starting in September, & we are super excited, not having expected to get it. He loves to be with other kids (& adults too), & I think he will be great. We are just doing 9-11:30, & I have to take a bus 20+ minutes to get there, but at least it is a start & I will have a bit of time alone (& much cheaper than a babysitter, as subsidized by French govt). I am going to drive myself mad trying to put labels in all his clothes, ha! If he does well & dad & I can handle waking up at 7:30 to be there at 9, we'll then try starting him even earlier.... but no pushing right now as he doesn't NEED to be in school at a certain hour. But dad does need to sleep!

In France kids usually start in school when they are 2.5, 3 maximum (altho by law kids don't have to start until 6 years old) -- so long as the kid is potty trained. Not looking forward to training, any hints???

Our second hand stroller is starting to fall apart. I need to have a stroller as he is a runner-towards-cars & I have to be able to strap him in to things (& he refuses backpacks/scarves). He is already almost 13kg & probably about 35 inches tall. Any suggestions for something easily foldable & skinny & not so expensive? I take the bus a lot & can't have a honker of a machine! Also, we live in a rainy area so it MUST have good rain protection (our other stroller is a Stokke Xplory, which has crap rain coverage).

Hi to all the old girls & the new ones. Living thru you all right now, we're probably not going to cycle again... unless the creche changes everything....

Offline SYLSeattle

modify
    « Reply #159 on: 4/08/15, 18:38 »
    Hi all - I'm still here too! Baby Seattle has 2 teeth and is starting to make crawling moves - I can't believe how big he's getting and how quickly the time has gone by. Eeeek - everything people say about how quickly it goes is totally right. <sigh>

Good luck on the interviews, Sporty - and Jellie...my goodness, the time is flying by for you too!

Waves to everyone else (sorry for the impersonals - just attempting to pay attention to a work conference call while typing). :)