* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 109164 times)

0 Members

Offline RB76

• Gold Member
modify
Gennet Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #160 on: 4/08/15, 19:18 »
I am also still here! You certainly get less time to post when you're in the graduate forum!

I'm glad to hear th Gennet babies are doing well, sounds like TBD is keeping you very busy Theo.. love the social media pics.

Sportie, I sympathise about the work issues, I am still not working but tbh the ideal is part time I think, with the best of both worlds.

Hello to everyone else and I hope the current pregnancies are progressing well, PBAL, Mammy and anyone else I have missed.

Our next cycle is this week.. We are freezing the embryos as I posted before, but still feeling just as nervous! Those daily updates and the heart in mouth feeling, can't wait... :o otherwise DD is well, and we are enjoying some family time as DH is off for the summer :)

I'll come and post about our cycle on here, can't keep up with the current cyclers thread!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline eiluj68

modify
    « Reply #161 on: 4/08/15, 21:54 »
    I'm still here too. I just don't get chance to post that often these days as the LO keeps me busy  ;D

Due to go to CF tomorrow morning for a blood test to see if our recent FET has been successful.

Our LO had his first stage hypospadias repair in May which went well. The second stage repair will take place in December.

Offline theodora

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #162 on: 4/08/15, 22:57 »
    Wow, Eiluj, best of luck for tomorrow!! I am glad the operation went well, hope the healing didn't take too long.

Fingers crossed for you guys RB.

Offline Sporty_girlie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #163 on: 5/08/15, 10:27 »
    Eiluj68 - the best of luck for today.  Thinking of you.  Also glad to hear your little boy is making good progress with his hypospadias repair.

RB - how exciting to be cycling again.  We've delayed ours until after I find a job.  It was all just too much going on what with looking after Baby Sport too.  And now we're not doing the OE FET the pressure is slightly off for a few months.

Syl / Theo good to hear from you both.  Seems it's teething for both of your boys.  Baby Sport popped another tooth yesterday.  He now has two at the bottom, and the two middle top and the top left canine and top left tooth between the canine and middle (don't know what it's called).  Bit lop-sided but adds to his cuteness.

Jellie - whatever you do with the pram choice try to get one with air-filled tires.  Makes a huge difference when you're pushing any sort of distance (even if out shopping for the day) and weight (particularly with twins).

btw - Theo - we have a Maclaren XT as a buggy too.  We use it for holidays and when we go into London.  It's light weight and might be an option for you.  I really like it and have used the rain cover in very bad rain with success.  Plenty for sale on-line at discounted prices or resales on EBAY. 

Magic - the breezies are great in this weather, aren't they?

Fee - you're very quiet.  All good?

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #164 on: 5/08/15, 13:17 »
    Still here too... Sporadically anyway. Like the other ladies said, time is the thing.

Eiluj, best of luck for a happy phone call. Hope you can update us. Great that the first stage repair went well and wishing for the future to go as smoothly. I think I recall you saying there would be quite a few procedures?

RB, best of luck to you and I hope for positive updates. Hope the time flies to when you are able to collect your frosties.

Sportie I think I missed that you were changing your cycle plans though I recall you considering your London OE frosties. Hope work and particularly work/ home balance resolve themselves. I'm not finding it easy.

Theo, potty training ie seems some way off but I'm interested too in advice. Pickle says "poo bum" for all nappy activity (my fault, I used to sing a made up song prior to stinky nappy changes and he's associated it with everything). I guess it's the start of an awareness of toilet stuff and he comments when we use the bathroom. Think he's starting to understand the difference between pee and poo but actually moving from this to training - I have no clue.

SYL and Angel,  great to hear from you. Hi Magic, Jellie, offthewall.

Pbal and mammy, I hope you are well. And Fee, Jeanette, HWGA, you too if you're reading.

AFM had follow up after the failed cycle. After much soul-searching and because we want to have tried everything for a sib,  our next and final go will be DE. Final because that then uses all the sperm from the 2012 TESE. Accepted an Oct date and a match so full steam ahead. New territory but feels right, especially after the experiences of you ladies.

Hope all our preg ladies are doing really well. Who is due next?

Offline theodora

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #165 on: 5/08/15, 13:23 »
    Hey, how are the wheels? We have little ones & it is so tough to navigate French parks, which always have gravel on the ground. We were at a huge park this morning, dirt everywhere except in the small kids playground where there was gravel, & all the French parents were telling their kids not to touch it, "it's dirty". If it's so bad for the kids, why would they put it in their play areas??

btw - Theo - we have a Maclaren XT as a buggy too.  We use it for holidays and when we go into London.  It's light weight and might be an option for you.  I really like it and have used the rain cover in very bad rain with success.

Offline Sporty_girlie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #166 on: 5/08/15, 14:14 »
    Cheesy - I'm glad you've decided to have another go.  I have to say doing DE for me also gave me an increased confidence in the health of my baby.  I don't regret it at all and actually now wouldn't swap him for my OE either, I love him too much.  He's my boy and always will be.

Theo - the XT has slightly larger wheels than the average buggy, but not as large as an all-terrain air-filled type (non-stroller type pram).  I've used this on gravel type paths (not pure loose gravel, but compacted rubble/gravel) and it was fine.  Not as smooth as tarmac obviously, but I was able to push the buggy forward rather than having it slide across the surface without the wheels moving properly.  I've also used it on this beach, it pushed fine on wet sand (without BS in it - I had him in a sling).  It just slid on the dry sand so I dragged it across that bit - it wasn't heavy so not an issue.  And this weekend we were in London again and I pushed it just fine over plenty of cobbles in Wapping and wooden planks on the Thames walk. 

The other thing I like about the buggy is the accessories are cheap.  You can buy a seat cover for 10, so if you have an exploding nappy it's easy to clean.  Albeit the main fabric is also machine washable - just pulling this off when you're out will leave you without a buggy.  The little side pannier is also very useful.  I bought mine for 4.95 (worth shopping around as some places sell it for 25) and it save me carrying a nappy bag. 

Seat covers - http://www.pramworld.co.uk/special-offers-clearance?brand=50&limit=60
    Pannier - ignore the fact that the woman is speaking Russian.  It shows you it's insulated part for a food jar / bottle and space for nappies, etc...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0icYLGDtPg

/links

Offline SYLSeattle

modify
    « Reply #167 on: 5/08/15, 17:02 »
    I second Sporty's recommendation on air-filled tires. I don't know if this pram (stroller for me in the US) is available in the UK, but we have absolutely loved our Baby Jogger City Mini GT - and my very good friend has the double stroller as well. It's very light, easy to maneuver and very easy to close and open. Just another option for you to consider, Jellie! :)

http://www.babyjogger.com/product/city-mini-gt-double/

/links

Offline Sporty_girlie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #168 on: 5/08/15, 20:20 »
    It is abailable. I've seen it in JL.

Offline eiluj68

modify
    « Reply #169 on: 7/08/15, 19:23 »
    Sorry for not posting before but I needed to wait for repeat bloods to come back today as I had a small bleed yesterday. 

Beta on (Wed) OTD was 66 and today 145 so looking good so far.  Being a little cautious due to the (red) bleed yesterday and my history of ectopic but hoping the viability scan in 2-3 weeks shows everything's progressing as it should  :)