* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 110972 times)

0 Members

Offline SYLSeattle

modify
Gennet Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #180 on: 8/08/15, 18:59 »
I love all the great news! Yay!!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Idlikemagic

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #181 on: 9/08/15, 22:21 »
    Eliju fantastic news lovely keep us all
    Updated - so so happy that this is heading in the right direction for you.

RB fab news lovely - everything crossed

Cycling seems such a long time ago for me now - my girlies are 4.5 months. They are so so funny right now and smiley, chatty and developing new skills
    Every day. At the same time I am kind of sad that I might never experience these firsts again 😭 of course I'm
    Super grateful for having my two amazing ladies but usually first times
    Mums might expect another opportunity to do it all over again and we know for sure we won't repeat any more Ivf to have a third so it would have to be a brutal miracle for us 😉

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend ladies x

Offline theodora

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #182 on: 9/08/15, 22:22 »
    Great news RB & Eiluj.

Eiluj, how is the bleeding, has it settled down?

Cheesy you have my support as you know. Hope time goes quickly for you & the next cycle results in lots of embies to freeze just in case.

TBD started using his extra spoon to feed himself today (we've had him on some pieces of food that he picks off his highchair tray, & some adult-spooning-in-of-jars). He also started climbing more this week, even using a drawer handle to climb into the kitchen sink. So we are really not able to ever leave him alone anywhere. We had houseguests including 9 & 14-year old cousins for a few days, & it was great as they just kept him occupied & giggling all the time. I miss them so much right now!!

Offline Jelliebabe

• Gold Member
    • 41 married one Cat! We are all amatuers
    modify
    « Reply #183 on: 10/08/15, 13:37 »
    Theo - WOW eyes in the back of your head time now!  And yes brill when to have extra people to entertain and keep an eye out.  Maybe TBD is going to be a mountaineer when he's bigger

Magic - yep I get what you're saying about not doing this again... I keep wanting everything to be perfect NOW as its my only chance...  I cant believe your little ladies are 4.5 months already!  WOWIE... its all going so fast...

WOW RB - Good numbers!  I should think they are all settled in now for the freeze but hope they developed well!

Looks like there might be a few incoming from the cycling thread which is amazing.

I am now 28 weeks!  YES 28!  Again time is going so fast.  Another 10 weeks and they will more than likely be here!  We've started out NCT classes - which we're really enjoying.  I'm going to go and buy all the stuff (well hopefully) for my hospital bag this next weekend.  I keep reading that for twins you should have your bag packed from 26 weeks!  Which has put the wind up me!  I've made a massive list of jobs to do and I think that's put the wind up DH!  LOL

I've got my GTT on Friday as well as a scan and consultant appointment!  Cant wait to check in on them again!   ;D

Offline Sporty_girlie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #184 on: 10/08/15, 14:46 »
    Jellie - don't get one big bag, take a small bag which your DH can swap over with another each day.  Space is very tight around your bed with one cot, let alone two.

Offline Jelliebabe

• Gold Member
    • 41 married one Cat! We are all amatuers
    modify
    « Reply #185 on: 10/08/15, 14:49 »
    I thought I had seen that in one of the tip sections!  Yes a small bag with the bare essentials for all three of us in it for labour/birth, a secondary bag at home or in car for a few days stay!  He can sort himself out if he wants anything!   :)

Offline Sporty_girlie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #186 on: 10/08/15, 15:02 »
    One small bag for you and one small bag (I just used my nappy bag for BS).  Then switch yours over as you go. 

Their bag will be small and really just be nappies, cotton wool pads (not pleat as the pleat sticks to the tar-like poop), nappy cream and some clothes.  Very small at this stage.

Offline theodora

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #187 on: 10/08/15, 15:22 »
    I prepared a small bag for me, then a bag we left in the car for the baby. We live a 15-20 minute drive from the hospital, so every day I just sent a list home & my husband came back with whatever we needed. All depends on your hospital as well -- although I had a private room, I had to have my own towel(s) for instance. Also the hospital loaned us clothes & provided diapers & so on. I actually didn't get stuff ready until 39 weeks, then gave birth at 41.

My best advice for pregnant ladies is:
    * finish any projects around the house that you can
    * whatever you want to send to charity shops or give away or upgrade or whatever, do that before the birth!
    * work out those arms, you'll have to carry a squirmy sack of potatoes for a few years!

Offline Sporty_girlie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #188 on: 10/08/15, 15:25 »
    And practice putting the pram up and down a few times, you'll be amazed how you forget when you get home.  Same with the car seat.

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #189 on: 11/08/15, 04:03 »
    My one tip would be cook, cook, cook & fill your freezer !!!! Spag bol, chilli, curry, lasagna!!! Makes life so much easier  :) iI made big batches and still do now
    Xx