* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 110974 times)

0 Members

Offline Sporty_girlie

• Gold Member
modify
Gennet Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #190 on: 11/08/15, 09:03 »
Chilli?  You're brave.  I carried on with all the spicy stuff but had to pull it back fast as it gave BS massive trapped wind issues.  I felt very guilty and he was in a lot of pain.

However, I agree.  Fill the freezer!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #191 on: 11/08/15, 12:21 »
    Well it was more cumin than chilli so quite mild !! Of course chilli can be turned into Enchilladas & tacos too  :P and even now I just use frozen spag bol to make lasagne !!

Offline Idlikemagic

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #192 on: 11/08/15, 23:19 »
    Haha I was quite the opposite I took heaps into hospital (Dh looked like a market trader with all my bags) I knew I'd be staying about a week and couldn't face constantly telling Dh where to find things and what to bring in each day, I just wanted everything to hand.

Didn't need to take any cotton wool, in or water bowls etc just nappies. Don't even need formula (incase needed as a back up) as they provide all that.

I would say a BIG BIG tip for twins - get in toch wih a Lactation consultant before birth preferably one who has worked with twin mums. Breast feeding is often a hard hard journey with one let alone two and if you have c section - or heavy blood loss it can affect the feeding journey early on and take a little time to come good.

Take in your tandem feeding pillow if you have one Jellie as you might want them to show you how you might use this but actually don't fret if feeding dosent seem to be going tomplannin hospital. Get home and get your lactation consultant helping you out at home where you will be far more relaxed. They got the wind up me when the girls had an 11% weight loss initially - I now know perfectly normal but then discouraged me from bf directly and told me to formula combine and just pump.

Also conside the medela hospital  grade double pump - by far the best option 👍

I would also say cook cook cook really does help if you're eating well and neither of you will have time for a good number of weeks. Also take on oat snacks and things to eat in the night to help with your milk supply. Have a go at making or buying some lactation cookies before you go in these really help your milk supply, which will soon become your sole focus whether you think it or not. - no one ever prepares you enough for Breast feeding and the journey it will take you on.....

I would honestly say though Jellie Id go back to having the girls as new borns again tomorrow - it is the most amazing experience it really is 😊

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #193 on: 12/08/15, 00:18 »
    Oh yes, when admitted after ds lost 17% of birth weight, I ate my own weight in HobNobs  ;D
    Xx

Offline SYLSeattle

modify
    « Reply #194 on: 12/08/15, 03:04 »
    I second (or third or fourth?) the cooking ahead suggestion. I'm not sure if you have something like this in the UK - but I used a website to gather and plan all of my meals (they have a HUGE library of recipes - and with a small subscription, you can customize your menu for a full month of meals and get shopping lists and preparation instructions...it's absolutely brilliant). You can tailor the menu to your eating habits (Paleo, vegetarian, gluten free, whole foods - and many, many others). I highly recommend it - it made it very easy to shop for and prepare an entire month's worth of meals. My mother-in-law came over and helped me prepare everything (we had a lot of fun, AND I had a freezer full of meals).

For reference, the website I used is https://onceamonthmeals.com/  (I don't see why you couldn't sign up for a subscription and use it - it would just be a currency conversion on your credit card) :)

/links

Offline RB76

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #195 on: 12/08/15, 12:16 »
    Just wanted to let you ladies knows that we have two 'very nice' frozen blasts from our current cycle :)
    As usual a stressful few days but very pleased with the outcome.
    DH has his chest puffed out with pride as he enjoys his wine and beer and no fertility tablets :)

Cheesy, I meant to say before, great news about your next cycle x

Offline Angel_Delight

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #196 on: 12/08/15, 14:53 »
    That's great RB, I had my single FET on Monday, waiting game now. Forgot how slowly time goes :). Good luck x

Offline RB76

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #197 on: 12/08/15, 15:19 »
    Good luck Angel! What grade blast did you have transferred?

Offline Sporty_girlie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #198 on: 12/08/15, 19:13 »
    RB - well done on the embies. So pleased for you and your DH. He has ever right to puff his chest out  :)

Angel - best of luck in your 2ww now.

It's lovely to have a couple of people cycling. I can't keep up with the main Gennet site these days.

Offline Angel_Delight

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #199 on: 12/08/15, 22:43 »
    Thanks Sporty, yeah I struggle keeping up with the cycling thread :) RB it was a grade 1aa I believe. I can't see it on the paperwork we got at transfer and the original paperwork is all filed away.