* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 107685 times)

0 Members

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
modify
Gennet Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #20 on: 28/05/15, 12:13 »
Loving reading all the stories and especially about resemblances and peoples assumptions.

Theo, I know first hand how tall and gorgeous tbd is? But still, 99.9th - wow. Amazed by your doc but glad she had the good grace to apologise. Good point re family histories etc. wish we had a washer with a child lock. Ours is an old but (so far) reliable one that came with the house. The door locks of course but not the programmes and my little button pusher has a nack of changing the cycle and temp when I'm not looking.

Courgette my ds isn't as old but I totally relate to the evolving features and it's definitely just as relevant in OE though I appreciate I don't have the background thoughts say that sporty described.

Jeanette, lovely to hear from you as always. Hope you either get that second skin or that the comments don't register so harsh in the future.

Sport, good luck with nursery and the job hunt. It's a transition all right. I know bs will start nursery a couple of months sooner than pickle but I bet he takes to it and thrives. Pickle loves the sociability aspect, the food for sure (he loves eating in company) and the messy play. If bs starts before separation anxiety really kicks in that's fab timing. Be prepared for illness - we got hand foot and mouth from the first settle in day then months of coughs and colds. Sorry, I know I'm stating the bleeding obvious.

Fee, so good to hear how you're doing and about your twins and their personalities. I know you've had answers now on feeding. I never really encountered that prob as I had a constant grazer and short napper. are you getting to enjoy any of the pleasant weather with them outdoors?

Magic it sounds like you're flying. Thanks for explaining the pushchair thing. Like your attitude to involving your dh. Very wise! I should've done that a bit more in early days but have to say he's a v hands on dad now. Isn't it great seeing how our partners change?

Angel, Seattle, hello. Hope you're well.

Jellie, how's it going. Have you had your appt yet?

Mammy, pbal. How are you.

Aussie, how are you settling down? And bundles?

AFM just on way home from day 5 scan. No cysts and 3 small follies so I'll take that with lots of gratitude. Starting low dose menopur today. Likely EC late next week. Feels quite surreal.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline PBAL

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 28/05/15, 13:51 »
    Hi ladies

apologies no personals - I have had brown bleeding today with cramping - I am 8 weeks 6 days today. Im hoping it is just the crinone as I had (sorry TMI) lots of clumps of crinone come out today which was speckled brown.

I have to be honest, the brown blleding is not as bad if i didnt have cramping.

I had my progesterone checked 2 weeks ago and it was 477nmol - so very high, so I dont think it is a progesterone issue. I keep on feeling my period is about to come.

EPAU will scan me tommorrow - so I hope all is well.

Sorry this post is about me, but would love to hear some positive stories

Thanks

PBAL xx

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 28/05/15, 14:07 »
    Oh pbal, I'm sorry to read this. The cramping can definitely be uterus and ligaments stretching. I was lucky and only got slight brown spotting around 6-8 weeks. Couldn't call it bleeding but I know so many who have bled and it's been fine. I know personal stories and reassurance will be best but I want you to know I thinking of you. I'm glad you're being scanned tomorrow and I hope you can take it easy today. xxx

Offline Jelliebabe

• Gold Member
    • 41 married one Cat! We are all amatuers
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 28/05/15, 19:00 »
    PBAl. I swear the first 10 to 12 weeks of this pregnancy has been so scary!  I've only really now stayed to relax.  I had bleeding weeks 4 to 9 and nearly Always felt like my period was on the way too.  I how everything us okay for you tomorrow.

First hospital appt tomorrow so I may see the consultant (,more likely to be a junior though I guess).  Going to talk to them about coming off my steroids and my arthritis and prolly pick up my fragmin injections.... (Booooooo). Hope they have a listen for then while I'm there!  😀 anyone know what else the look at?

Offline Jumeirah

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 29/05/15, 13:40 »
    Hi Pbal, so sorry to hear this. Although I don't have any advice, I have tried to calm myself by reading about how normal spotting / discharge is, even more so in IVF pregnancies and even on a normal one. And the period-like cramping I actually have come to appreciate and interpret as there is something growing and my uterus is stretching. If I don't have it for a few days I get nervous. Not that I am not anxious. I am super anxious, especially since the next scan is only in four weeks.

How did your scan go? How bad are your cramps in comparison to period-related cramps? Keeping my fingers crossed.

xx

Offline theodora

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 29/05/15, 13:55 »
    PBAL, I hear your anguish. I'm betting that the feeling is just your uterus stretching. I had the same feeling, & it sure wasn't my period -- I haven't had one now since a few weeks before our transfer & my boy is now 13 months! When you go thru such hell to get & stay pregnant, once you are really there it is hard to let go & relax. But pregnancy is not an illness!! As things go along you'll have less & less meds & worries. But IVFers I think never quite get used to not having constant treatments & problems....

Sorry Jellie, each country has their own system so can't say how things will go for you. For me, we did ultrasounds only at 12/22/32 weeks, & I had a monthly appt with the ob/gyn where he did an internal exam to check the cervix, external exam which mostly meant he measured my belly & we chatted briefly, plus there is always a urine test each time one goes in to the hospital. Pretty easy really, altho I never loved the cervix check, especially as we were at a teaching hospital so a student always got to do it a second time.

Cheesy, I am so behind in correspondence, I owe you a letter!! I am watching your stimming posts eagerly. If I could uncross my fingers I could send you a better message, but methinks fingers crossed is better for you for now!  ;)

Offline PBAL

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 29/05/15, 19:11 »
    Hi ladies

i promised an update. Well i had a scan today at 9 weeks and baby is fine and measuring 9 weeks 2 days.  So growing very well. They are not sure where the bleeding came from and think it may have been the crinone. The cramping is definately  uterus growing. I was last pregnant with my son 11 years ago and i just dont remember this type of pain. I told the nurse this today to which she said that this is an ivf baby and this time around i am much older. Yay!!!!!!! At the scan  Baby was moving lots and my heart just melted. I have tried not to get too attached to this pregnancy  which i know makes me sound heartless but it is mainly down to self preservation.

Ladies Thank you for your help and kind words. Its amazing how many ladies have some sort of bleeding or spotting throughout pregnancy  and also its good to hear that the pain is all normal and part of the baby growing process. Your experiences have put me at ease xxxx

Roll on 12 week scan

God bless

Pbal xxx

Offline Offthewall

• Gennet - Team 2016
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 29/05/15, 19:45 »
    PBAL - Just popping on here to say, glad everything was okay at your scan today  Look after yourself honey and try and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy x

Offline Mammy86

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 29/05/15, 20:29 »
    Oh Pbal so glad everything is ok:):) it's so funny both our little ones are measuring the 2days ahead:):) I echo you when saying roll on the 12week scan:):)

Courgette thank you so much for your well wishes, I can't believe it's been so long since we cycles together and I'm finally getting my happy ending:)

Fam feeling good except for the tiredness and the cramping which I am assuming is stretching:) 9weeks today so just wishing my life away for the 12week scan so I scream my news from the rooftops:):) xx

Hi to everyone:)

Offline Jelliebabe

• Gold Member
    • 41 married one Cat! We are all amatuers
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 30/05/15, 18:26 »
    Pbal!  That's great news!  Three weeks ish now till you're 12 week scan!    Eeeek!   ;D