* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 108924 times)

0 Members

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
  • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
modify
Gennet Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #200 on: 12/08/15, 22:55 »
LOL Sporty you can't keep up, you should try moderating them ;D
Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #201 on: 12/08/15, 23:05 »
    Great result RB, I'm so pleased.

Angel that's a great sounding embie, good luck with your 2ww and keeping your sanity!

I've loved reading all the cooking and hospital advice. Takes me back. I think you've covered it all. One thing that struck me and took me by surprise (in a good way) is the kindness of strangers and neighbours. My next door neighbour popped round with dinner twice when I was just home from hospital and lots of people stop you walking in the street or in lifts/ shops with a newborn. It's a magical time amidst all the madness and sleep deprivation.

Offline theodora

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #202 on: 13/08/15, 16:26 »
    We went to the store to look at strollers. Of course none of the brands discussed here are in the store in our area, but whatever. We found ourselves a bit stymied as the umbrella & regular strollers are good up to 15kg usually (as that is the EU norm), but our boy is already about 13kg at 15.5 months, so it won't last long!! I certainly don't want to pay loads for something I can only use for this winter, I've not been working at all & times are tight. We saw exactly one stroller good to 17kg (which should get us to 3 years old), but of course it was new & the most expensive they had, & not even an umbrella stroller. And not so fantastic.

In a local toy store they had a Bugaboo Bee which was all right, does anybody have one of these? They also are ok to 17kg, & I think I could maybe find one used (altho a quick look shows them going for about 400 euros used!!). I don't feel extra passionate about it, but if one arrived at my doorstep we'd use it!

I saw a bunch of internet comments on Uppababby strollers for tall babies, but of course like the rest of France, their French internet site is down for maintenance or vacation or whatever you want to call it.

I agree with what Cheesy said. A few times I've been stuck with the stroller on an elevated platform or tunnel of a subway or some such with a broken elevator, & there is always somebody who offers to help even before I start looking crazily around for help! Breastfeeding around & about, all the comments have been wistful ones from ladies telling me to enjoy it while we can.

Angel & RB, so happy for you guys.

Sporty, do you still have problems with spices? I remember you saying before that there were some gas problems early on.

We have had all sorts of other stuff (still waking up all night to nurse is the one I'm thinking of), but our boy's stomach is very good. Sometimes I give him something too spicy by mistake & he just spits it out & cries for a sec, then goes back to whatever he was drinking.

In other gear comments....

Stokke now has a tray for their Tripp-Trapp highchairs, I highly recommend the chair & now the tray....

And for older babies, we got this cup & it is great, no leaking in my purse or while shaking it up & down in a frenzy
    http://www.munchkin.com/uk/click-lock-trade-tip-sip-flexi-straw-cup-7oz-pink.html

/links

Offline Sporty_girlie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #203 on: 13/08/15, 17:18 »
    Theo - if I still lived in London id have a bugaboo bee. I've seen lots of them when we're there and they are extremely popular. As a result there are quite a few for sale on the UK ebay. They seem to sell for between 200-300, depending on accessories. Maybe get one shipped from the UK.

Offline fiona in welwyn gc

• Gold Member
    • Me and Scarlett
    modify
    « Reply #204 on: 13/08/15, 23:08 »
    Evening Ladies,

I know it has been absolutely ages since i have posted - partly it is due to being just so busy from morning until night, but I think possibly a bigger part is that I haven't had access to my computer  - I had to give up my office for the nursery and have been like a nomad 'office speaking', - and as the posts increased, I found myself not being able to face typing on the iPad as I had missed so much of the thread by then.

So tonight, I got my computer up and running - I have a new space in an alcove in the living room.  very small but actually suits me fine and is kinda tucked away so not obtrusive.

Anyway, I will start and see how far I get ..

Sportie - where are you on the job front?  I saw you had interviews but wasn't able to find anything to say where you were atm? How is baby sport?   I saw you said you would wait until you had a job before going for another - how are you feeling about having another? 

Theo - how are you? How is your little one?

Cheesy - how are you?you must be getting exited now - when do you think transfer will be?

Oh gosh - I haven't got very far but am just too tired to continue tonight - I will update further tomorrow.  All is well - babies are gorgeous - completely different natures - he is completely chilled - she is a stroppy madam - and is now nicknamed Scarlett Stroppy Knickers - shortened to just 'strops'

latest photos

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B065VaUrzYdF6c

Fiona

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #205 on: 14/08/15, 05:00 »
    Awwww Fee they're gorgeous  :-* I bet you still can't stop looking at them  :)
    Xx

Offline Sporty_girlie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #206 on: 14/08/15, 09:58 »
    Fee - good to hear from you.  I love Josh's little sheep trousers shots and Scarlet's modesty towel in the bath.  She'll thank you for that when she's older   :)  Lovely to see how happy you and Richard look with them.

Yes, still interviewing.  I had interview #11 at one place on Wednesday.  I think that's the last interview there and think they may actually offer it to me.  They asked if I'd be available to attend a conference in Mauritius on 10th Sept....  Oh what a chore that would be  ;D  Although, in reality I've travelled so much with work in the past I'm not overly excited about going and will miss BS like mad.  It'd be the first time over night I'll have been away from him.  I'm also not sure it's the role for me.  They mentioned in conversation that no one works from home unless there's a tube strike.  I really want something that will offer me a couple of days working from home in the medium term and most other banks seem to be doing that these days (albeit those roles are offering less money - but I'd take less and have more time with BS any day).

And yes, we're still keen for #2.  We've had such joy from BS and he's so social with other babies that we really would prefer he wasn't an only child (if we can help it).  It's all just too much to do whilst interviewing.  I'd like to be in, settled and out of probation before annoucing I am pregnant again...  that's assuming it doesn't take me as long this time round.  For some reason I feel it won't as I have found Gennet now, but who knows....  We have said we'd transfer the frosties and do one more fresh round and then if it doesn't work, move on.  But then we said that before and carried on and given we now have BS I am so glad we did.

Offline gpn

modify
    « Reply #207 on: 14/08/15, 18:00 »
    Ladies - I hope you don't mind me interrupting your conversation but I wondered if I could ask a question. I'm struggling to decide whether to go for the PRENSCAN test at City (they say it works with twins). Have any of you had it (especially if with donor eggs) and would you recommend it? I'm assuming its the equivalent of the Harmony test though it doesn't say that on the literature.

Its quite expensive at 400 and I'm not sure whether to have it now, or wait for the NHS nuchal scan result which is at 13w and only if that looks doubtful have the PRENASCAN.  Any advice would be gratefully received.

Offline fiona in welwyn gc

• Gold Member
    • Me and Scarlett
    modify
    « Reply #208 on: 15/08/15, 07:26 »
    Hi Girls,

Here;s my second attempt as I woke before the babies this morning.

GPN - I want to say this before anything else.  We did the harmony test and were given a 65% chance of one of our twins having trisomy 13.  It put us through hell for about two months.  Thankfully, One of the ladies on here pointed me to the website which showed that the actual probability of a false positive was 68%.  Meaning that the theoretical likelihood (there you go sporty - stats!)  of a baby NOT having trisomy 13 when they ARE given a high risk ratio was 68%.  I was very cross to be honest - I wasted 500 and was very distressed to boot.   On the other hand, if the test comes back negative it is very reassuring - i.e. likelihood of a baby having a particular chromosome problem if blood test is negative is extremely rare.

Bundles - how is your little one and how are you coping with two.  I have to say, people do say to me "how do you cope with two", but I really think twins is easier than two little ones, but then my two have been amazing sleepers and I couldn't breast feed due to my ulcerative colitis.

Magic - are you still breast feeding.  Ihave to say, I really take my hat of to ladies who manage to breast feed twins - how on earth do you cope with the sleep deprivation.  Your comment re explaining experiencing a new baby again really rings true for me too.  I really really want more children now I have tasted being a mum but at the same time, I do relish not having to balance attention for a new born with that of a toddler.

Theo - how lovely that TBD is feeding himself now as well - omg time passes so quickly - I will be where you are next April

Jelly - Wow how time passes - I am so thrilled for you.  I second Sporties advice about getting jobs finished and de cluttering.  I have been given so many baby clothes, it was like a jumble sale in the nursery for a while.  Other tips would include definitely thinking about food.  If you can, perhaps cook joints of meat, slice them up and then you can stick them in the oven with a jacket spud or similar.  I have found it very very difficult to find the time to cook and I still need to lose 2 1/2 stones.  I also eat one handed a lot as evening tends to be when the babies are awake and won't be put down.

Also, I would recommend considering the following:-
    • [size=78%]Multiple feeding pillows (I take one with my in the bugaboo so when I get in a cafe with chairs with no arms I can rest the baby and my arms don't kill from holding)[/size]
    • [size=78%]Buy minimal clothes as people buy you so much stuff - I took a load back[/size]
    • [size=78%]Don't over buy on the nappies as they grow out of them so quick[/size]
    • [size=78%]Cocoonababy http://www.johnlewis.com/red-castle-cocoonababy-nest-white/p429422 - I personally think this has made a difference to how long the babies sleep[/size]
    • [size=78%]take a photo of the presents next to piece of paper with their name (or the gift card) so you don't forget who bought you [/size]what[size=78%] - I got so busy, when it came to writing thank you cards, it was a great reminder[/size]
    RB76 - congrats on your cycle - Did you use the same donor as your little girl

Eluji -huge congrats - how exiting - have you done any more bloods?

AFM - Well the last few weeks have been a whirlwind - the days pass like hours and hence it has been really hard to get on here.  The babies settled down very quickly at home and we never fed them any more than every four hours.  DH and I initially took it in turns to feed at night - so we did the 10pm feed together, he did 2am and I did 6am and we both did 10am together.  Josh then started to not wake after four hours so DH insisted we let him sleep - he took the midnight to 6am slot, no matter how many times they wok - I then took over at 6am.  So the night sleeps got longer until individually they were having the odd night sleeping through.  About three weeks ago, both of them slept through and have done pretty much ever since.  Josh now sleeps 12 hours from around 8pm to 8am and Scarlett from around 10pm to 8am.  I am not sure how much their genes are responsible for this or whether it is due to what special care did for us or what we did - DH thinks it is a combination of all three.  Whatever the reason, I count my blessings!  ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Bonding took quite while for me as the babies don't have my genes nor did I carry them, but as I got to know they little personalities and as they started cooing at me and I was able to sooth them, I now feel like their mum

Scarlett is a stroppy little madam and lets you know if she doesn't like what you are doing.  She is very alert and turns her head from side to side absorbing the world - she now does infectious giggles when you play with her.  Josh is the complete opposite - he is the most chilled baby I have ever come across - he does exactly what I try to get him to do.  He loves the baths and I am desperate to take him swimming.  DH is being a bit OCD about the swimming and wants all three sets of jabs done even though the NHS are saying that is unnecessary.  Scarlett looks very much like Richards mum, she is often mistaken for a boy because she is yet to develop a very feminine look, Josh tends to get lots of lovely comments.  Josh is somewhat more introverted and serious - we get nice smiles, especially in the morning, but no giggles yet

SHXT, I have run out of time

Hi to Angel and SLYSeattle

Back for part three later
    https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B065VaUrzYdF6c

/links

Offline gpn

modify
    « Reply #209 on: 15/08/15, 08:45 »
    Thank you very much fiona, much appreciated. I'm leaning ever more towards just doing the NHS scan and then only acting if needed after that.