* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 109073 times)

0 Members

Offline Angel_Delight

• Gold Member
modify
Gennet Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #210 on: 15/08/15, 08:55 »
GPN, We had the prescan after the NHS scan. Was really for peace of mind and knowing the sex of the baby early. I am rather impatient :)

Good to hear from you Fiona, the pictures are lovely. Sounds like you're doing great.

Theodora, we have an uppababy G Lux and really like it. Only issue for me is it doesn't fold with a single click, you need both hands, the basket is also tiny but I think they all are.

Hello everyone else.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Paulapumpkin

• Gold Member
    • Paula & Steve
    modify
    « Reply #211 on: 16/08/15, 10:18 »
    Hi dear friends, just wanted to update you.  We meet our DS tomorrow and his little sisters next week.

The introductions are going to be hectic with lots of travelling but it will all be worth it. By the end of the month all 3 of our children will be home.

I just can't believe we are finally going to be a mummy & daddy!!!

Hope you are all well, lots of love.

Xxx

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #212 on: 16/08/15, 12:15 »
    Paula, good to hear from you. What a momentous day tomorrow (and later in the week) will be. Thanks for keeping us posted. It's got to be off the scale emotional, thrilled to bits for you.

Fee, loved the pictures they are fab and it's clear to see how your babies have brought joy to your wider family too. Love all the pictures but especially the one of your DH and DS lying down on the floor together. Thanks for your lovely update. Glad that things are going so well - interesting to read about your feelings on bonding and especially that you've overcome any initial difficulty. Re dates, I've been advised 26-28 Oct for ET. Does this mean they've given a day 3 and 5 date just in case? We use frozen sperm from TESE a so no need to be there for EC.

GPN I did the prenascan but didn't know about the false positive. Mine wasn't a twin preg so not in same situ as you. I found great reassurance but fee's experience is powerful.

Sporty, good luck on the job hunt decision making. Good plan for next tx though.

Theo, good luck with buggy shopping. Yell if you need anything shipping.

RB,  hope you're well and waves to you Angel and Bundles. Hi everyone else

AFM get my meds delivered on Thursday though started BCP already from old meds. I'm new to DE protocols, anything I should be aware of? I expect we'll do the counselling that CF have recommended. Did anyone else?

Offline gpn

modify
    « Reply #213 on: 16/08/15, 15:17 »
    Cheesy - we did the counselling with CF (our first DE cycle was with City in the UK rater than Gennet), not by choice though as I seem to remember counselling was compulsory for UK DE. I'm not really into counselling having tried it previously for grief, however I thought the fertility counsellor was very good. She really just talks to you and makes sure you've thought about all the implications, particularly around telling/not telling.

Thanks all for the feedback on the prenascan. We have talked again and now decided not to do it unless the NHS ratings come back as very high risk, in which case we may consider this rather than any of the invasive tests as a second stage.

Offline Angel_Delight

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #214 on: 16/08/15, 20:08 »
    GPN, we did counselling with City for our first cycle. It was compulsory even though we were going to Prague.

Offline Angel_Delight

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #215 on: 16/08/15, 20:25 »
    Also GPN, a friend of mine had the harmony test on the nhs as she was high risk. I think it was a trial though so not something they usually offer.

Offline Idlikemagic

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #216 on: 16/08/15, 23:38 »
    fee sounds like your cute little pair are doing amazingly well and you and Richard 👍 ditto here re the personalities - our two little ladies have completely different personalities - 1 super chilled and the other 0-100 in a second without warning 😉 she's turned a corner lately however and is all smiles - phew! Yep combi fed Fee but actually stopped bf this week (5 months) I too found the 3 hour formula feeding routine a god send and ours have slept from 6 weeks old 7-7 because of this I feel sure 👍

Paula I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this - keep us all posted and enjoy every minute you so deserve it

Sporty - maritus - call it a much needed mummy break - go go go - daddy and little man will be here safe and sound as you arrive back 😉

Bundles I have no idea how you find time to moderate boh threads, like others I can't keep up with the cycling thread now!

Afm we've reached 5 months this Thursday I can hardly believe where the time has gone. Honestly thinking u could do it all again it's amazing how you forget the hard early months 😉 met some
    Lovely mummies and daddies along the way and found some social media friends for our little ladies already. I can remember thinking new doors will open once we finally get pregnant and that couldn't have been more true - its magical ladies (hard work but magical) good luck to all of you in the last stages of pregnancy 👍👍👍👍

Offline Sporty_girlie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #217 on: 17/08/15, 15:16 »
    Paula - I'm over the moon for you.  That's absolutely brilliant news. How exciting!  And three kids in one go.  I hope you have your juggling nits in  ;D. Please keep us posted. Can't believe how quickly it's all happened. You hear about some people waiting years.

Offline herewegoagain003

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #218 on: 18/08/15, 04:54 »
    Lovely to see so much activity on the thread!

Cheesy, I will be rooting for you in October. They always gave me a spread of ET days 3-5; I'm assuming that is what they gave you. I think it is rare to have ET at 3 days anymore. Our family is made up of OE and DE and we love each and everyone of them equally with no reservation.

Theo, I'm not sure if you can get Bob strollers there? Ours is great and decent for the 2 older kids. We have a very light weight Chicco umbrella stroller that is a go to for traveling, rental cars trunks...etc. Your guy sounds busy. How is the preschool going? Are you still thinking of not cycling again?

Fee, your babies are beautiful! So happy that things are going well. Fun to read about their different personalities. Interesting to hear about your bonding as well. Thank you for sharing.

Magic, you seem to be handling twins in stride! Can't believe they are 5 months now! They sound like delightful little ladies!

Sporty, good luck on your job hunt! Can't believe you have had 11 interviews for one place!

Bundles, I agree, how do you have time to moderate?

Paula, how amazing to become a Mommy to three in one fell swoop! Congratulations and I hope the transition and early bonding goes well!

Angel, I wish you success and peace in your TWW!

gpn, congrats on the twins. I can't help you with personal experience with testing for twins.

RB, glad your cycle ended up well at the end. Are you still thinking about cycling in a few years?

Jellie, can't believe how fast your pg has gone! How exciting that your little ones will be in your arms soon!

AFM, life seems to fly by! My 5yr old started kindergarten today and my 3yr old starts preschool tomorrow! My baby just turned 18 mos. She is such a happy little thing! Saying lots of words, trying to keep up with her older brother and sister, has even pee'd in the potty a few times! Still nursing and co-sleeping (she starts out in her bed but always ends up in our bed at some point).Driving DH crazy as he is ready for her to sleep in her own bed! We bought a motorhome, it's a fun new adventure for us.

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #219 on: 18/08/15, 22:21 »
    lol Magic & HWG it gives me something to do while expressing, like now  :) it probably wouldnt be so bad to just do Gennet but i cover the rest of the Czech Republic, as well as Donor Conception, East Anglia and Off topic too :o