* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 107506 times)

0 Members

Offline Angel_Delight

• Gold Member
modify
Gennet Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #40 on: 1/06/15, 22:24 »
Evening all,

Cheesy, sorry your scan didn't go so well but as hwga said, it only takes one good one :)  Fingers crossed for you.

Lizzo, we didn't really have any tests other than the norm.  I trust Dr Martin completely but may as well get the best while you're there if you can afford it.

Jeanette, that's great that he enjoyed the sandpit, we've not tried that yet.

Pbal and Jellie, pleased it's all going well :)

Thanks hwga, hope you're well.

Hello Theodora, Sporty, Offthewall, Fee, Mammy.

AFM, our DD has now turned 1, I can't believe it! Full fat milk, here we come!!!

Sorry if I missed anyone.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Jeanette2

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 2/06/15, 14:36 »
     Cheesy – can understand your feeling of great disappointment & must be incredibly nerve wracking but hang in there, this one egg could well be the one that comes through for you. Wishing you all the luck in the world. ^pray^

Angel – happy belated 1st to your DD! We’re not far behind and DS celebrates next week, if weather is on our side we hope to take him for his first trip to the seaside that day!

Just a quick question with regards the milk, did everyone switch to cow’s milk after 12 months? Am thinking of stepping up to a formula called ‘growing up’ milk designed or 1-2yr olds.  Also do the quantities change that you give?  DS currently has 180ml (6oz) 7am, 150ml (5oz) 3pm and 240ml (8oz) 7pm.  He’s on 3 solid meals a day. He absolutely adores his milk and can’t tell you how many jokes DP and I have had about his love of milk eg. he'll become a dairy farmer one day(!) so feels a real shame if we have to cut down or revert to something he doesn’t enjoy as much. Will ask Health Visitor too.   

Offline PBAL

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 2/06/15, 15:28 »
    Hi Jeanette

My experience with my son is 11 years ago so it may be out of date - however I switched to Goats milk as it is lighter and then from 14 months I did one goats milk, one cows milk and then fully switched to cows milk from 16/17 months. My rationale for this was that cows milk is heavy, whilst Goats milk is light and easily digestible. Just my thoughts at the time

God bless

Pbal

Offline Mammy86

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 2/06/15, 16:26 »
    Pbal when's your next scan? I managed to get mine for Monday the 15th of June so will be 11weeks and 3 days!! So excited and nervous of course!! Just want it to be here now:):)

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #44 on: 2/06/15, 18:10 »
    Jeanette I went to cows milk but not fully until I quit bf. He was already getting cows milk on cereal and from yoghurt though.

We slways struggled with formula and I tried different brands, all to no avail, although I think the problem was more the bottle than the contents.

One day, forget when but after 12 months, sucking finally seemed to click. Noticed he was trying to suck the calpol from the applicator thing rather than me squirt it inhis mouth. Cows milk from one of those  explorer things (what do you call them? Ones that children hold themselves with a solid spout, anyway) was a great hit once that skill was mastered. I dont measure the milk, guess I never got the habit - either of measuring or monitoring intake. But I tend to offer more water than milk during the day and do milk in morning and evening.

Never thought of goats milk pbal. That's a good idea.

Angel, belated 1st birthday to your DD. Gosh that's gone fast.

Mammy, good luck for the scan on the 15th. it's usually a pretty thorough one at that stage and if I remember rightly, you get lovely pics. Later on, eg at 20 weeks, as things progress, bubba is too big to get in one go, you see bits but not the whole baby as it were. So this scan is a lovely one.

Offline PBAL

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 2/06/15, 19:01 »
    Hi ladies

The hell has started for me again with bright red spotting and major cramps. The cramping is so severe its frightening me

Im scared

Pbal

Offline Mammy86

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 2/06/15, 19:18 »
    Oh Pbal this is so unfair!!!!!!! I hope to god everything is ok for you Hun xx are you going I get scanned??

Offline Sporty_girlie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 2/06/15, 20:04 »
    PBAL - Maybe give ADAU a call.  It's during the week so they ought to be able to do something to provide you with reassurance.  I know it's hell when yoiu have a history, but I (like many others) bleed bright red blood from week 7 until 9 on a daily basis.  The cramping you're feeling could also be the uterus stretching, which is a weird sensation and again if you have a history, we always assume the worst.

Cheesy - it only took one last time.  Hang in there sweetie.

Angel - happy birthday to your DD.  Seems to have flown passed.

Lizzo - can't say much about NK testing, but if there's little price difference in the basic and the full; then why not go for the full? 

So....  I've just packed Baby Sport's bag for his first day at nursery tomorrow.  We've had a plain day today; just the 2 of us at home.  Lots of cuddles and playing.  He was giggling so much having his night nappy put on just now I felt very bad.  He doesn't know I'm handing him over tomorrow.  Tomorrow and Thursday are only settling in days, so short but I do hope he's not having a melt down when I collect him.  My DH is coming with me for the first drop off so we both understand how it all works.  And then from next week I need to start looking for a job.  Get myself into London and start meeting up with agents that I haven't seen for the last 3 years.  I still need to think of a plausible reason for not working for 3 years.  Saying I wanted a baby won't wash in my industry.

Offline Jeanette2

modify
    « Reply #48 on: 2/06/15, 20:13 »
    PBAL - do whatever you need to get reassurance as soon as you can. I also had cramping some weeks into pg. but as sportie says could just be the uterus stretching. Hoping all will be fine, what a rollercoaster you're going through. 

Cheesy - thanks for advice on milk, DS is so mad about his bottles he literally tries to eat it after the milk is finished! Very good you're giving a lot of water, I do too but milk is still his all time no. 1 favourite drink! 

Sportie - good luck for nursery tomorrow and hoping your baby will take to it like a duck to water. He sounds a very secure, happy boy so odds are good it'll be a positive outcome. 

Offline Jelliebabe

• Gold Member
    • 41 married one Cat! We are all amatuers
    modify
    « Reply #49 on: 2/06/15, 20:28 »
    Pbal. I how you get to see someone for some advice soon.  Hugs hun I got it turns outv fine.   ^hugme^  it's so scary.

Sporty!  Omg nursery!  I know it's scary but I'm sure your little fella week be happy as Larry and will love it.  What a grown up big guy