* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 109324 times)

0 Members

Offline RunnerBeans

modify
GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #710 on: 30/12/16, 22:15 »
Hello ladies! How did I not know about this graduates thread?? So lovely to see some familiar names :)

Well, it's a bit late but just wanted to let you all know that on the 26th August I gave birth to our beautiful daughter who weighed a perfect 7lb 2oz. I had a rather rapid 5 hour labour after going 8 days overdue. But it was all worth it and Robyn was born in the birthing pool. I still can't believe that she is here and that she is real!! I just find myself staring at her in awe...

I will be trying to catch up with everyone else's news soon so that I'm back in the loop.

Lots of love, RunnerBeans xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #711 on: 31/12/16, 22:29 »
    Lovely to read your news runnerbeans. Belated congrats on Robyn's safe arrival. How are you finding things?

I've only time for a super quick post to wish everyone well for 2017, especially thinking of our mamas to be. I doubt I'll choose to be awake at midnight, so posting now!!!

Offline Northern

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #712 on: 1/01/17, 09:27 »
    Runnerbeans!!! I've thought about you often this year and so happy to hear of Robyn's safe arrival! Congratulations to you and your dh, hope you've enjoyed your first Christmas all together.
    Lots of love,
    Northern xx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #713 on: 1/01/17, 20:58 »
    Runner beans, huge congratulations! I wondered where you had disappeared to ;) but was hoping it meant good news! All.the best for your little family

Offline Super125

modify
    « Reply #714 on: 2/01/17, 12:02 »
    Runner beans - huge congratulations on the birth of Robyn. I hope motherhood is treating you well. xx

AFM - i am coming out of the fog of the first few [shocking] weeks of motherhood. I had mistakenly thought having had a son i would be prepared but i had obviously forgotton the first couple of weeks. My daughter is now nearly 5 weeks and still waiting to establish feeding properly as i had mastitis and so on antibiotics and using shields and she has reflux. However, all that aside i am just overwhelmed that this has happened and managing the lack of sleep quite well.

Happy new year to all the lovely gennet ladies and i hope this year brings only the very best news for you all xx

Offline QWERTY9876

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #715 on: 2/01/17, 18:10 »
    Congratulations RunnerBeans! I've been thinking about you as well! Glad all is well, and I love the name! xx

Offline RunnerBeans

modify
    « Reply #716 on: 3/01/17, 11:00 »
    Peggy, just seen your signature!!!! So pleased for you!!! Hope you're feeling and keeping well lovely lady.

A little girl for you too Super! Girls all over the place! Haha, the first few months are tough... I can laugh about it now but there were times when I was beside myself with tiredness! Sorry to hear about the mastitis - I never had it but have heard it's pretty horrendous. I only lasted 7 weeks of breastfeeding Robyn. Turns out I have a super alert and nosey little munchkin who was just incapable of switching off and sleeping so she would get overtired and frantic when feeding. HV were telling me it was wind / colic but once I cracked the napping and sleeping at night she morphed in to a different child! The beauty of hindsight... Sounds daft but I grieved when I stopped feeding her myself, cried myself silly. But I did what I thought was right at the time and decided to just get milk in to her and not to worry about how it got there.

Northern you beauty - Christmas was lovely thank you. Robyn hasn't got a clue about anything yet so I am looking forward to next Christmas when she will be a bit more involved in it all. I hope you had a nice Christmas? What's the latest with you?

Hi Cheesy! All is going well thanks! Did you last until midnight?

It's so lovely to see familiar names. Sorry that I have been out of the loop - I didn't know what to do or say really in case anyone felt I was rubbing their nose in it! I'm sure that must sound silly but I almost felt guilty about being pregnant. Even typing it sounds silly now!!! Anyway, I'm back and it's great. One of my friends from the gym is going through treatment now and so I've been her shoulder to cry on - I had forgotten how emotional this journey is and how many ups and downs there are too. Nothing but love and admiration for you all. You're all heroes to me xxxxx

Offline Northern

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #717 on: 3/01/17, 11:51 »
    Aw Runnerbeans your post makes me quite emotional!  It's lovely to see you back and what a beautiful photo - Robyn is just gorgeous!

Sounds like you had a tough few months to start with but I'm glad things seem easier now.  And please don't feel guilty for having had success, it's reassuring to know that treatment can and does work!

We're heading back to Prague in a few weeks - we did 2 more trips last year which sadly didn't work and are moving to a 50/50 cycle with own & donor sperm.  Just trying to get all the drugs sorted again which is always a nightmare!  But fingers crossed this will be the one for us.

Super - you must be exhausted, hope you manage to get a bit more sleep soon!

Xx

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #718 on: 3/01/17, 14:29 »
    Ooh super, mastitis sounds tough. Sorry to hear you had a rough ride for a bit and I'm glad you are coming out of it. Hope the feeding establishes ok one way or another shortly. I understand reflux is hard going. Are nights getting any easier? Has your GP / HV helped? Are you ok?

Runnerbeans, it sounds like you did the right thing for you guys with feeding - congrats on that. Good on you supporting a friend with her tx journey. It's incredible once you open up to people how common IF really is. And re NYE, no, I was in bed at midnight though awake later in the small hours.

Northern, hope you get meds sorted. All the best with your 50/50 cycle. Sincerely hope this is your time. I was in Prague in Jan last year and we had snow - real winter wonderland. Hope you get the same magical outcome.

Sport, how are the twins and baby sport? I'm guessing you are beyond exhausted but hoping there are lots of giggles and snuggles in the mix and that it was a magical Christmas

All well here. Pickle turned 3 last week (where did that time go?) and Branston will be 3 months on Friday. Branston is v easy going and full of smiles and, HUGE RELIEF, much better at feeding and sleeping than his brother was. I self diagnosed a tongue tie and getting it divided made a huge difference. He feeds more efficiently and I'm not sore. At night I have had him sleep 6.5 hours though not every night. I'm not doing anything differently second time round, he's just better at sleeping! Pickle is well and dotes on his brother most of the time. I'm a bit frazzled preparing for our big move which we anticipate in early Feb. Weird having it coordinated by someone else. I hate not being in control of timelines. Certainly got plenty to keep busy with.

In case anyone reading is ever wondering about donor, now I have both OE and DE boys I can 100% say that the maternal feelings, love and instincts are the same. I'm eternally grateful to my donor and I'm glad we made the switch.

Hope everyone is well. Be great to hear more updates xxx

Offline Offthewall

• Gennet - Team 2016
    modify
    « Reply #719 on: 4/01/17, 17:40 »
    Happy new year everyone!

Congrats RB and Peggylou. Great news from both of you.

Cheesy  and Super - bet Christmas was wonderful with new little ones.

Sporty - bet you're shattered but ecstatic to have two lovely additions in the house over the festive period.

Northern - keeping fingers crossed for you hon X

Baby OTW is one next week. How time flies!

Love to all x