* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 109075 times)

0 Members

Offline Super125

modify
GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #730 on: 20/01/17, 07:55 »
Hi Cheesy

Thank you x it was cut yesterday but was minor. However, it has made a real difference and both much happier. I was reading about women going private. I think it's terrible that you had to so that give the severity of the TT in your situation!!

I am happy to stop using shields now (although they weee a godsend!).

Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #731 on: 20/01/17, 11:24 »
    So pleased to read that Super. It's amazing what a difference it makes.

Offline Idlikemagic

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #732 on: 22/01/17, 23:57 »
    Hi ladies
    Apologies for my long absence - time has raced away with me can hardly believe my little ladies are now 22 months

Sporty massive congrats lovely on the safe arrival of your twins. Super excited for you. I hope you're getting on ok and little sport (can't really call him baby sport anymore hey 😂) is being a super big brother running around getting nappies for you

Congrats on all the new pregnancy /safe arrivals news

Love to dip in and out and keep up to date. 

Xxx

Offline Rosiese18

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #733 on: 24/01/17, 20:46 »
    Hi everyone,

My partner and I have been TTC for over two years with unexplained fertility. We're being referred to our local ACU, but i'm keen to explore other options, including clinics abroad .

We live in London, so the city fertility / gennet set up is of interest. Could any genetic graduate who's used city fertility for scans etc pls explain how it works a bit more? E.g how long are you in Prague for (OE), which site 'leads' the treatment and so on. Also any idea about total costs vs. Private London clinics would be really helpful too. 

Thank you so much! I'm 33, just about to turn 34.

Offline RunnerBeans

modify
    « Reply #734 on: 25/01/17, 20:50 »
    Congratulations Shilltpo! As Super said... I take my hat off to mummies of twins! I hope you had an amazing Christmas with your new arrivals :-)

Glad to hear that feeding is better now Super!

Hi Rosie and welcome to the thread. I live in Kent but work in London so was also drawn to Gennet because of the sister clinic in London. I can only tell you what I did, but I'm sure City Fertility could tell you more about any packages they do now. I contacted Gennet directly and then when I needed blood tests or scans I contacted City Fertility and made appointments with them. I was keen to keep the costs to a minimum so I shopped about for the cheapest places to get certain tests done. For example, I managed to get some bloods done by my GP, others at a private hospital in Tunbridge Wells and others at City Fertility. It was all a bit of a faff so I can imagine that some people like the convenience of getting all tests/scans done at City. I had a few scans done at City but then found a place nearer to my home which was equally as good. As for who 'leads' the treatment it was definitely Gennet doctors in Prague. I did OE and we were out there for 4 nights. But that was because I had a day 2 transfer. We planned for a 5 day transfer and so we flew out the day before egg collection and flew back the day after transfer. We had to make two trips out to Prague as my hubby needed to have his swimmer surgically extracted so our treatment (ICSI), drugs, flights and accommodation was about 5K all in. Hope that helps???

Offline Rosiese18

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #735 on: 25/01/17, 21:45 »
    Runnerbeans thank you so much! That's exactly the info  what I was after, thanks for taking the time to reply  :)

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #736 on: 26/01/17, 17:12 »
    Rosiese - welcome and good luck! My info might be slightly out of date but I also started by contacting gennet direct but back when I started you could also use city fertility for free as gennet patient. Those days are gone.

In my more recent cycles I linked in with CF first, paid a package fee of 750 which enabled me to have CF Drs do the protocol, I had scans with CF and they liaised directly with Prague including arranging when EC would be and sharing notes/ scans withPrague. I had a beta blood test at CF and viability scan and I seem to recall that was included in the price. Other bloods and tests would be in addition to the package fee if I remember correctly. Obvs you pay a cz treatment fee too but I'm way out of date on OE prices. I tended to head out to Prague after I triggered so very last minute but I respond slowly to meds and tend to take longer to stim. So I missed out on the cheapest flights but still found wizz out of Luton to be reasonable even last minute. They are inflexible on baggage though - don't try and cheat their cabin baggage size! I have taken the Evening flight the night before EC and not had a problem but that's taking a big gamble. If flight was cancelled I'd have missed EC and wasted the cycle - it's a gamble I would never recommend.

The combo of CF and Gennet worked well for me - less time in Prague. Less time off work. Coordination done for me. Meds cost more if you buy direct from CF - avoid that if you can.

My memory is wonky. I'd suggest phoning or emailing CF and asking what is included in their gennet package.

Offline bubbalove

modify
    « Reply #737 on: 26/01/17, 21:57 »
    Hello All,
    I ve been quiet on this thread and the actively cycling one...but its time to share and give hope to others...
    A week ago our little boy was born at 36 weeks and all good besides  a bit of jaundice. Feeling really great after a natural birth(but ahh the surreal pain!).

Though I was quiet to post I always followed the Gennets thread and found it to be a fantastic support even as a more silent follower. Thank you.

Bubba

Online katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #738 on: 26/01/17, 22:25 »
    Dear bubba how lovely to hear from you, I was wondering how you were doing! And congratulations to the birth of your son! Natural birth sounds quite painful ... but then again I really don't have a clue .. yet ;) all the best and please do keep in touch

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #739 on: 28/01/17, 22:47 »
    Bubba huge congratulations to you. What lovely news to read. Hope you are recovering well from the birth and well done you. hope you manage some rest.

Thanks for popping on to update us - like kitkat said, please keep in touch if you get the time xxx