* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 108925 times)

0 Members

Offline Super125

modify
GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #740 on: 29/01/17, 03:27 »
Bubba congratulations on the both of your son. How wonderful for you all. The pain is shocking isn't it....I spent the first two weeks going over it in my mind....it was so quick and I was by myself (well there was a midwife!). Your daughter must be so excited :) I have found that the larger age gap works well for us.

I also keep up with the gennet threads and look forward to seeing lots of success this year but just so happy to read your wonderful news :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Rosiese18

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #741 on: 30/01/17, 09:05 »
    Cheesy thanks so much for all that info. I think I'll contact CF and take it from there. Again, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience  :)

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #742 on: 30/01/17, 22:32 »
    You're v welcome Rosie.

For completeness I should add that Sporty on this thread has previously gone through CF but i seem to recall she went with gennet direct this time rather than pay the additional package fee and I think she found it worked pretty smoothly.

(Hope you and your family are well Sport)

Offline Kia-kaha

• Kia Kaha is a Māori phrase meaning "Stay Strong".
    modify
    « Reply #743 on: 9/02/17, 11:38 »
    Hello everyone! I hope that you don't mind me re-joining the forum! (....again! LOL!!) I hope you are all well.
    I currently have one remaining frozen embryo in Prague. I am due to have the FET on 21st Feb. Eeeeeeek!
    Does anyone have a 10% discount that they are not using? (In the past, I have previously passed on my 10% discounts to others. They are only valid for one year.) Thanks in advance!!

Kia x

Offline Offthewall

• Gennet - Team 2016
    modify
    « Reply #744 on: 9/02/17, 17:02 »
    Hello All,
    I ve been quiet on this thread and the actively cycling one...but its time to share and give hope to others...
    A week ago our little boy was born at 36 weeks and all good besides  a bit of jaundice. Feeling really great after a natural birth(but ahh the surreal pain!).

Though I was quiet to post I always followed the Gennets thread and found it to be a fantastic support even as a more silent follower. Thank you.

Bubba

Big congrats Bubbalove - so good to see you here xx

Offline Offthewall

• Gennet - Team 2016
    modify
    « Reply #745 on: 9/02/17, 17:04 »
    Just to add that we had twin girls born just before Christmas. All well and thanks to Gennet to making our dream come true.

Big congrats to you too, Shiltipo xx

Offline Idlikemagic

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #746 on: 11/02/17, 00:19 »
    Ladies I hope you don't mind me posting the thoughts that follow but I know many of you have had donor egg success at Gennet and could perhaps help me make sense of my feelings.

My twin girls are 22months and I feel blessed beyond belief that we have them in our lives. Life would not simply be anywhere near as enjoyable without them.

I therefore given these feelings feel awful for feeling emotionally very low at the thought of not being likely to have another pregnancy and being able to repeat this wonderful experience of bringing a new baby/ies into our lives.  I also feel sad they will never be a sister to a younger sibling and experience what many other children will often naturally experience.

I know these thoughts are all being exasibated currently by many of my NCT and mummy Friends having or announcing their second birth /pregnancy. It just seems to bring up the whole awful raw emotion of Ivf back -  not being able to conceive naturally and then not being able to use my eggs. The hurt that those choices were taken from me as a women is painful still when I really give them time to surface again.

I'm 39 this year and my dh is 40. He's adamant he'd never go through Ivf again and he's not even of much hope of a natural mirracle (as we know these things can happen) Mainly due to the donor egg factor and how it would complicate things if we were to conceive a natural miracle. 

So in essence I'm not sure what I'm writing and asking for here - other than a listening ear and  to wonder if others ever go through these thoughts.

I'm sorry to lower the mood and please feel free to delete admin if my post no longer belongs here. Xxxx

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #747 on: 11/02/17, 07:46 »
    Oh Magic  ^hugme^ Don't worry, your post is safe here  ^hugme^ It's just so hard isn't it. You had the best result of twins so that they have each other but only got to experience one pregnancy. I was lucky to be able to pursuade my OH to go again so that our DD wouldn't be alone when we popped our cloggs !! My clinics cut off is your 51st birthday so I'm way too old now, but if I could I'd love even more. I'm not sure the feelings ever really go away, plus there's the guilt of feeling this way when others are still to fulfil their dreams. There also seem to be pregnant women everywhere, which also doesn't help. Is there any way you could get him to change his mind ?

xx

Offline Idlikemagic

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #748 on: 12/02/17, 22:41 »
    Thanks Bundles

I knew there'd be support on on our lovely  thread to just listen to my woes 😊 I think in all honesty I wouldn't want to cycle again (at least not with a different egg donor) so I think I have to take the approach if we have a natural miracle it was meant to be. I think dh would then be actually happy should that ever happen. 

Whilst I'm asking questions, has anyone got any resources they like about how to share the DE part of their journey with their children? Ie story books or methods they've used? Can anyone share experiences as to what age they started to share? I completely respect this is a personal decision and not all families will share this with their children 😊

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #749 on: 13/02/17, 11:28 »
    Hi Honey,

There's the obvious Telling thread, although they can be a bit hardcore  ::)  I also moderate Donor Conception and there's a lovely thread for Donor Recipients. They share thoughts & actualities of telling, and how it's gone for them. You could read the last few pages but also post there ^hugme^

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=335988.130

xx