* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 109165 times)

0 Members

Offline RB76

  • Gold Member
  • *****
modify
GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #810 on: 5/07/17, 09:42 »
Hi HLE.
I think yes personally I'd be looking at immune checks or hysteroscopy (where they look at your womb more closely.. can't remember proper name sorry) - my twins were a 3aa and a stage 1 blast so an early blast. We have a stage 1 and 2 frozen.
It took me two donor cycles to get a BFP but I did need immune drugs too and my Pre eclampsia was also caused by immune issues in the opinion of Dr Gorgy.
Putting two back does slightly increase the chances but believe me, it also increases the risk.
Good luck.

FertilityFriends

  • Advertisement
  • ***

    Offline hle

    • Gold Member
    • *****
    modify
    GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
    « Reply #811 on: 5/07/17, 19:22 »
    Thanks rb76. Twins would be ok with us. We want 2 in total anyway, though wouldn't be our preferred route. I had hysteroscopy in January and some immune tests that showed no probs, but maybe worth more investigations. It's hard isn't it. Whether to do free cycle or pay for one embryo if we go for two and then if that doesn't work look at immune, or look at immunes now. Grrr. X

    Offline MrsM16

    • Gold Member
    • *****
    modify
    GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
    « Reply #812 on: 8/07/17, 09:59 »
    Hle on my first round I got pregnant but it was a chemical then I had immune and found out I had a blood clotting disorder, then it took another 4 for me to be where I am now.

    My blasts were 3aa and I have one frozen with no grading. I feel it must be something to do with the embryos becuase all my other rounds the embryos weren't graded and too early

    Offline HopefulKayte

    • Gold Member
    • *****
    modify
    GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
    « Reply #813 on: 10/07/17, 00:52 »
    Hi Gennet graduates and friends - I hope it is OK to come here and ask for your advice!!  :)

    We are from Canada and have spent several months deciding on a clinic. It came down to Gennet and Zlin. Reasons for Gennet ("guarantee" program, lab reputation, flying straight into Prague, easier travel-wise on our 4 year old, more to do there) and Zlin (so much online love and success stories = warm, fuzzy feeling if you know what I mean, hotel attached, amazing communication/follow-up/reminders from the coordinator, already have a date solidified and could confirm travel, etc.)

    But I feel frozen in the final stages of confirming this big decision. Did anyone else feel this way? Despite our miracle boy, maybe it's all the failed IVF cycles before and since him and our recent failed donor cycle here (got one embryo), combined with no European travel experience, making it seem like the biggest decision thus far? I know we have one last shot at this cycle and our wish of a sibling for our son, so I shouldn't apply too much pressure to myself, but I wonder if it doesn't work out if I will regret not going to the clinic I don't select? As silly as that may sound!

    We have a Skype consult in a week and a half with Gennet; in the meantime Zlin has a spot for us in October and are in regular contact with us. I can foresee what would happen, but am not sure if that's even a good thing - like would Gennet search harder for a certain donor to match our wishes? I really have no idea how to pick. I feel like before coming to this board, the Zlin reviews were so outstanding it started to feel like a 'gut' feeling to go with them, maybe not one based on research but I still feel that pull. Yet I really started looking into Gennet b/c of the ease of travel when considering our son, and their website information, despite the lesser communication and uncertainty of what happens next.

    I certainly know that no one can make this decision for me, not sure why I feel so stuck. I think DH is assuming it's Gennet (even before the consult) but for some reason I'm getting cold feet. Has anyone else been in this spot? Is there anything, with your experiences behind you and ongoing, you might suggest for me to pull the trigger either way? MANY THANKS in advance for any feedback or support!  xo

    Offline NSGal

    • Un-Ranked
    • *
    modify
    GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
    « Reply #814 on: 10/07/17, 15:25 »
    Hi HopefulKayte
    I can't speak to the choice of clinic but I can reassure you that the travel to Gennet was very easy. We also travelled to Prague from Canada, last Tuesday, and have had no travel experience outside North America.  In fact, my spouse has only travelled outside of Canada once before.  We have found it really easy to get around.

    Offline HopefulKayte

    • Gold Member
    • *****
    modify
    GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
    « Reply #815 on: 11/07/17, 15:32 »
    Thank you NSGal - I appreciate the response!  :) How are things going so far over there? Hope you are feeling good about it and enjoying Prague!

    Offline NSGal

    • Un-Ranked
    • *
    modify
    GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
    « Reply #816 on: 12/07/17, 22:33 »
    Hi HopefulKayte,
    The city is beautiful! It's been very warm here the whole time we've been here! Heading home in the morning with two onboard! This is our first attempt so I'm hoping the next 2w goes quick!

    Offline HopefulKayte

    • Gold Member
    • *****
    modify
    GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
    « Reply #817 on: 14/07/17, 21:08 »
    Congrats NSGal - that's awesome!! :)

    Can I ask who your doctor was? I'm looking for recommendations - my coordinator gave me a few different skype consult dates and after a rough DE cycle in every regard, including doctor, here in Canada... I'm really hoping for someone kind, gentle and willing to work with a somewhat anxious patient. :)

    Offline hle

    • Gold Member
    • *****
    modify
    GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
    « Reply #818 on: 16/10/17, 12:40 »
    Hi ladies I wonder if anyone can help
    I have been prescribed Lubion which is very expensive, even at Asda 50 for 7 injections. The clinic have put x 7 on my prescription. Between starting and testing I will only need 10 days worth. If I get a positive result i will need more. However I was thinking of just getting 2 boxes (need to be paid up front on special delivery) and then getting more when I get back if needed and if they will do me another prescription. I could also look to get from them out there if cheaper than that. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm conscious I won't be able to return them and unless I get a positive result it's a waste of money. I only need one injection a day from day 14 (before prague), so I think a prescription for 49 of them is excessive. Anyone any advice? My co ordinate is away at the moment so the clinic are only answering urgent emails


    Thanks

    Emma

    Emma

    Offline Cheesy

    • Volunteer
    • *
    modify
    GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
    « Reply #819 on: 18/10/17, 03:51 »
    hi HLE, I didn't want to read and run.

    I never had lubion in my protocol so I can't talk from experience. Buying more than you might use, especially pricy meds, is a toughie. I think in your shoes I'd ring the international office (even knowing your co-ord is away) and clarify the thinking behind 49, and establishing what it costs in Prague too. You'll likely have to buy more than you know you need, but hopefully not all at UK prices and hopefully it's a kind of karmic insurance policy for a BFP.

    Sorry I don't have practical experience of this.

    Jenso- not long now? How are you doing?