* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 107566 times)

0 Members

Offline hle

• Gold Member
modify
GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #860 on: 21/11/17, 05:35 »
Thank you for all your messages ladies. So surreal. I have been awake since 4am, excited/nervous! Did another test and it's still positive ha and the line is stronger and came up quicker. I have lots of questions! I'm going to go for my blood test today and is it two days later you do the other? What should the first number be? Is there a minimum I should expect to see? And should I see the numbers double in 24 hours? Also are there any number that would give me a clue that it may be twins?

When I spoke to the gp yesterday they had no idea what to do with me as she said she hasn't dealt with anyone doing ivf abroad. Apart from the blood slips I asked her for the 7 week scan to confirm hearbeat/s which she said she thinks she can arrange on the NHS for me and then she asked me to contact the midwife. Does that all sound right to you? Have I missed anything? Sorry for all the questions. I'm a newbie again xxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #861 on: 21/11/17, 12:22 »
    HLE as I was based in SE England and connected via CF they took care of bloods for me so I never arranged them myself. So I hope someone else can respond on that front. They seemed to take the view that repeat bloods are only needed if the first was on the low/ ambiguous side. They never asked me to do second bloods but my understanding is one needs doubling between 48 and 72 hours, ideally 48 hours or less. So if you did second bloods you'd go back 2 days later. I think it can be unreliable to extrapolate twins from HCG readings.

What happens next varies by region. Again, CF did my viability scan. I don't think it technically exists on NHS but maybe a friendly GP can help. I was recorded as a self-funder and mine would not assist at all (apart from when I had a big bleed and needed an EPU referral).
    So I had to talk to the GP receptionist about how to arrange a midwife booking in appointment and from that there was a world of paperwork, some blood tests and arranging a 12 week scan. You're in the system from that booking appointment. Some MW are snooty about booking appointments earlier than 6 weeks. They clearly don't understand multiple ivf attempts!

You'll get better answers from other ladies I'm sure.

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #862 on: 21/11/17, 19:05 »
    Thank you Cheesy that's all very helpful! x

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #863 on: 22/11/17, 17:19 »
    Hello ladies

So i had my beta hcg results back. 11dp5dt and it was 236 units per ml. The confirmed I'm pregnant but said she isn't able to interpret results so I'm left confused as ever wondering whether these are good, bad or indifferent results? I know the doubling is important, is two days after the first blood test too early to go back for that? means I have a chance of getting my test results back before the weekend.

Thanks

xxx

Offline Jenso

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #864 on: 22/11/17, 17:29 »
    Hle: That sounds like a good number to me, you just need it to double within the next 48-72 h (from your first test). If you do another test tomorrow that should be fine. Congratulations by the way!!!

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #865 on: 22/11/17, 18:19 »
    Thanks Jenso. I will keep you posted! I had two put in so hoping to have twinnies like you xxx

Offline Jenso

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #866 on: 22/11/17, 20:22 »
    hle: I just have the one which is more than enough for me :-)

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #867 on: 22/11/17, 20:50 »
    sorry jenso yes you do and I know this! getting you mixed up. one would be enough for me too xxx

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #868 on: 23/11/17, 04:15 »
    Hle maybe she just meant she can't tell if it's a singleton or multiple from the results. Number seems fine to me. Congrats and welcome to the next level of worry x

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #869 on: 23/11/17, 06:27 »
    yeah don't worry cheesy I know what you  and jenso mean. oh the worry  ;D haha x