* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 107576 times)

0 Members

Offline hle

• Gold Member
modify
GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #870 on: 23/11/17, 20:00 »
AFM - Lubion is so expensive, I got some Prolutex in Prague but I didn't want to get 8 weeks worth in case it didn't work. I have enough to last me 2 weeks, but then I need to buy 6 weeks of lubion, which is going to be £350 at asda. I take it there is no other way to get Prolutex in UK?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Twinkle toes 75

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #871 on: 23/11/17, 20:32 »
    HLE check with your gp as now your pregnant they might prescribe it as itís needed to support the pregnancy. My doc prescribed me all my medsí inc clexane, which was quite pricey, once I got my bfp xx

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #872 on: 23/11/17, 20:33 »
    Hi cheesy

Did you get your meds on the NHS? did you have to get the prescriptions from abroad and get them to prescribe from them? x

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #873 on: 24/11/17, 04:12 »
    HLE I'd forgotten but it was like Twinkle Toes said. Once I was preg my GP did prescribe me some meds but I had enough clexane and pred so for me it was only Utrogestan that I was short. We all have different protocols. I was seeking GP help after I'd had my city fertility viability scan so after 6 weeks but nothing to stop you asking sooner. I think Twinks made a great shout there.

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #874 on: 28/11/17, 22:15 »
    Ladies

Is it normal that my boobs don't hurt much today and didn't yesterday? they hurt before the transfer and have continued since and been pretty painful. Yesterday not so much, or again today. I've had my betas one at 3 weeks 6 days 236 and another at 4 weeks one day 760. I last poas on Sunday and the line was the strongest one yet. Am I worrying for nothing? I just don't feel pregnant so hard to believe, that said I'm only 5 weeks tomorrow. Has anyone else experienced  this with a positive outcome? xx

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #875 on: 29/11/17, 02:43 »
    Yes this happened to me both times and all was fine. Symptoms come and go and itís real torture. I didnít get much in the way of ms and that would terrify me. Boobs, stretching feelings, tiredness, it all ebbs and flows and I promise you, itís perfectly normal. Iíd worry about the stretching feelings incase it meant something was wrong, but I worried even more when the sensation stopped.

Waiting for a viability scan is terrifying. Then the wait between scans is excruciating too as it all feels too fragile; too good to be true. I understand your fear exactly. I think we all do. But I expect everything is normal and doing what itís supposed to do but I know itís such a leap of faith. Iím not a medic and I donít know if hormone levels fluctuate or if our bodies adjust so the tenderness isnít always so obvious, or maybe growth and development isnít linear and regular so we experience symptoms erratically. But definitely the feelings come and go and as soon as they go, you panic.

Have you got anything booked at 6-7 weeks for a viability scan?

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #876 on: 29/11/17, 06:49 »
    Thank you Cheesy that's good to know. Yes it's booked on the 11th December. I guess at 5 weeks it's still early for symptoms too. x

Offline Jenso

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #877 on: 29/11/17, 09:05 »
    With a strong hcg I am sure you have nothing to worry about but it is scary in the beginning when symptoms come and go. I felt quite okay, felt a bit like I had a hangover the first few weeks and then absolutely fine. A friend who has identical twins didnít have any symptoms through her pregnancy (except a growing tummy) so you never know.

Offline LeafyLove

modify
    « Reply #878 on: 29/11/17, 10:52 »
    Hle, I am a bit thread stalking as my cycle at Gennet just got cancelled due to poor response but I wanted to say on symptoms, it is torture. I had previously had a miscarriage and was terrified throughout my pregnancy. I bought a fetal heat monitor eventually but even then I recognised that just because it was ok 5 minutes ago doesn't mean it will be in 5 minutes time and even if you could constantly monitor generally there is little that could be done if you noted a problem in advance. One scan to the next, one blood test to the next. There is nothing to gain, there is no reassurance and the best thing you can do is just try to let go of it and be. Much harder to do than in words, but progesterone can increase without a successful pregnancy leading to more symptoms, and you can have twins without any symptoms. It just isn't productive to panic about it. That said I must have poked my boobs every day to assess sensitivity! I had a forward placenta to so couldn't even feel kicking when my LO was getting big.

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #879 on: 29/11/17, 16:59 »
    Thanks Jenso and Leafy - sorry to hear your cycle has been cancelled :-( x