* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 107560 times)

0 Members

Offline nai87

• Un-Ranked
modify
GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #880 on: 2/12/17, 01:03 »
Hi Ladies,

I have not posted in this forum before although I have in the Zlin forum. I hope this is the right place for me to post this as I just wanted to speak with some people who know about Gennet and can hopefully ease my worries and answer some questions that I have and I apologise in advance if these have been asked before.

A bit about me - I have always planned to use a clinic abroad for donor eggs due to a genetic abnormality in my family. I have recently been in the position to pursue this and decided to go with Zlin, they recently told us that they could not provide a service for me without a pyschological assessment which I was not able to get. So instead we decided to contact our second choice Gennet and I have been emailing with Veronika. I have been really frustrated having heard so many good things about Gennet. They take ages to respond to my emails and I am also really annoyed that I was told that we HAD to have the Skype consultation but when it happen this week the Doctor that we spoke to was confused as he was under the impression that I had 'requested ' it so that he could answer questions. I did not request it and I did not have any questions, except one that he did not understand or I did not understand his answer. Hence we only ended up talking for a very expensive 15 minutes. Am I the only one who has had this happen?

The one thing that I cannot figure out from my research and my time checking out this forum. Where do we go to have the pre-visit scans for thickness and for the post visit blood viability test?

Thanks in advance ladies and sorry this is so ranty, I am just getting really fed up for being made to jump through hoop after hoop.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #881 on: 2/12/17, 08:19 »
    Hi Nai87

How frustrating! Could you ask Veronika for another consultationn if not clear/happy? Comms are slow until you start treatment with them and then you are prioritised and it's much better. In terms of the scans and bloods you can have them there, or there is their sister clinic city fertility in London. Or I used gp and babybond for private scans (all over UK).Not sure where you are based. I used Gennet for double donor and overall impressed and currently pregnant on 3rd cycle. Clinic is lovely as are the staff. I think sometimes they are a victim of their own success as they are so busy. However if you have treatment with them comms are much quicker. Good luck whatever you decide.

Offline nai87

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #882 on: 3/12/17, 16:08 »
    Thank you for that hle you have pretty much answered everything I wanted to know from them! You have put my mind at ease so thanks, I will cross my fingers that hopefully things will progress soon.

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #883 on: 3/12/17, 19:24 »
    welcome nai87. ask away if you have more questions and good luck xx

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #884 on: 7/12/17, 20:25 »
    Ladies

Can anyone help me with working out my due date? The first day of my last period was 25th October and I had 2 x blastocyst transferred on the 17th November in prague. The clinic told me 12th July, whether twins or not, which feels so early. A friend who had a blast transferred in the uk was told to count 38 weeks from transfer date , which would be 3rd August. How do I find out? xx

Offline Jenso

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #885 on: 7/12/17, 21:02 »
    Hle: There are some due date calculators here https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/index.php?ac=ivf or here http://www.yourivfjourney.com/baby-calculators-for-pregnancy/ivf-and-fet-due-date-calculator/ for example or just google ivf due date. Your due date should be around 5th Aug I think....

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #886 on: 7/12/17, 21:59 »
    thanks jenso. I wonder why the clinic said 12th July?! x

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #887 on: 11/12/17, 17:23 »
    Hi ladies

Had my scan today at 6 weeks 5 days. There are Twins, both with heartbeats. One of them is measuring where it should be, but the other one is half the size and is tracking behind where it should be. I as sent to the early pregnancy unit and saw a Dr who has rescheduled another scan for next Friday. Told me there is a high chance of the smaller twin coming away. I hope that if that ends up being the case it happens soon and doesn't affect the other baby. More waiting and worrying. xx

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #888 on: 12/12/17, 04:16 »
    Congrats hle although Iím sorry the news is so mixed. It seems nothing can be straight forward. I hope thereís a chance little twin 2 can catch up. Iíve known it happen with a Gennet alumni from a few years back. But I donít want to give blind hope; obvs the docs are the experts.  I hope the time to Friday doesnít drag too much.

Offline iklefeet

modify
    « Reply #889 on: 24/01/18, 20:01 »
     Hi Ladies, I need your help or advice or at least stop someone else from making the same mistake we did.  We chose Gennet knowing mist women don't get many (usually only the minimum) number of embryos to transfer because of the the guarantee programme. At the time it was clearly advertised 3rd go free if no pregnancy achieved (no live heartbeat) after 2 donor transfers if the women meets the conditions and the man has normal sperm quality and count.

Well we've had 2 transfers both times no heartbeat detected in fact the first no sac was detected. We tried to book again after but Leona put us off for months, finally agreeing at Xmas to follow up but said the earliest we could go was March.  Now today she's written sagging the guarantee is only valid if follow up treatment is in 9 months, and it didn't matter that no heartbeat was found they still count that as a positive result.  We're due to go in March and now they've produced a bill or will cancel.  We're absolutely gutted we left pfc now.

Had this happened to anyone else? Anyone have any luck appealing. They appear to be making up conditions as they go.

Last year when we booked our second go Leona did the same thing to us booked our 2nd ivf 13 months after our previous go after dragging communications and consultations out for week's then she said our 10% discount voucher wasn't valid and we had to pay full price. I'm starting to think they are not being honest and its putting the whole treatment in a horrible place.

Ikle x